There are 172 users in the forums

Brandon Jones - So far, so good

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RowdyRaza:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Bruce (was our best WR last year...and might still be at his age....made CBs look silly at times with his routes)
Josh Morgan (showed what he can do on the field)
Jason Hill (made key 3rd down catches last year and is the fastest of the group)
Brandon Jones (seems to be playing well so far....Fisher thinks highly of him)

+
Crabtree

+
Vernon Davis

are there going to be enough pass opportunities to go around?

and we are suppose to be a "run orientated" offense.

frank gore??? d walker? u missed out some big players there buddy but yeah we got one hell of an offense this year if everything runs as planned!!!

See this is what im talkin bout! If all goes well, we are now seeing and reading bout something good in ninerland! It all starts here in camp! And the tone is set high!
its good to hear him doing well, or any 49ers doing well. but im gonna hold off on any expectations because its only training camp.
Bruce (was our best WR last year...and might still be at his age....made CBs look silly at times with his routes)
Jason Hill (made key 3rd down catches last year and is the fastest of the group)

+
Crabtree

+
Vernon Davis

im really liking the potential of our whole offense. I think b.jones is lookin like he has some great speed. I put him on blast yesterday by sayin that we cant really rely on him to be a threat deep in the playoffs but imma have to watch some more of his games w/ the titans to see how he looked against more cbs. I still think that we need M.C. to really solidify our passin game as a threat during every play, but we have some young wrs that should cont to improve for years
Originally posted by Joecool:

+
Crabtree

+
Vernon Davis

Yes because if Raye plays it right and the QB finds them right, someone will always be open and we will have an old fashioned "spread" the ball around offense.

From the beginning I've been thinking that our offense will end up looking a lot like Pittsburgh's. They've always been able to run the ball when they needed to and there always seems to be a receiver running wide open across the field. It's always amazed me at how they seem to find a ways to get guys open. They're offensive scheme is nothing fancy, but it's very effective. Watch some of their games, I know I'm exaggerating, but Ben always seems have receivers that are totally uncovered to throw to.
Yeah Brandon Jones completely flew under the radar last FA. McCloughan must have known this seeing as how he brought him in and got him signed on the first day. It was all about Housh.

I'm glad to see this move is slowly panning out.

-9fA
My buddies that are Titans fans were bummed when he signed with us,they say he is a legit deep threat with above average hands that isn't afraid to block...sounds like a winner to me.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

+
Crabtree

+
Vernon Davis

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? We are hearing more about the passing game in Mini-camps, OTA's and training camp. Singletary said he wants to be able to run and impose the Niner's will on their opponents. Sounds like they will be able to throw if that isn't working. Sweet!

Well, as of now, the pass-protection isn't good at all. I really hope the run-blocking continues to look great and get better. Less teams will be inclined to aggressively rush the passer if the ground game is putting up good numbers. The starting QB will have a hard time getting the ball to the talented WR's while on his back.
Just my opinion and you might not agree, but he kind of reminds me of a bigger Antonio Bryant but like Bryant he has the speed and the willingness to block.

Oh and he doesnt carry the Drama luggage that Antonio did.

I used to love when Antonio used to block not only for frank but also for the fellow receivers, i Believe in 06 he blew up a cornerback from the rams and help spring Arnaz Battle for a longer gain. (The Home game when he publicly threw a tantrum with Alex Smith).
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Trade Crabtree. Morgan, Hill, Jones and Zeigler give us enough.
Originally posted by GORO:

you haven't even seen the guy play a down as a niner yet and you want to trade him

Whats up with the Ziegler love on the Zone?
I was at the first day of camp and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how crisp our offense looked. The receivers where making all the quarterbacks look good. Now if we can only find our starting quarterback. Right now I'd say Hill is slightly ahead of Smith but Smith's passes had a little more zip. Crabtree is going to have a hard time cracking the starting line up if he doesn't get out there soon.
I never did understand why so many people hated the signing. This guy just needs to be thrown the ball.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
I never did understand why so many people hated the signing. This guy just needs to be thrown the ball.

Aint sure but I'd imagine it was cause not many people really knew who he was. The difference between this tc star and one from a couple yrs ago is this! Taylor jacobs was always hurt and couldnt get a reception in a game if his life depended on it. Our new guy is game proven! Not super spectacular, but loves and has the desire to play the slot position!
Share 49ersWebzone