There are 231 users in the forums

Training Camp Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • indianajim
  • Info N/A
It's clear one observer sees Smith one way, while another sees him another way. Even Matt Maiocco said "All in all, Smith looked pretty good on the first day of training camp."

Another observer said, "Alex Smith really does look alot better than Shaun Hill in practice. He threw less INT's, his passes looked like they were on a string. He was firing bullets to his receivers. He hit Zeigler on a streak about 50 yards down the field."

When it's on TV, then we can all chime in.
Hey, does anyone know how much Michael Robinson is weighing these days...I am guessing over 240 lbs. at this point.
when ever crabs get into camp, singletary is going to work the dog (spit) out of him and i dont blame him either
Once Crabtree gets into camp, I think Singletary will punish him.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Once Crabtree gets into camp, I think Singletary will punish him.

I HIGHLY doubt it will be due to anything other than him needing to catch up. As it has been said before, Sing went through the contract dispute twice in his career. he understands the business side of it. So for him to "punish" him is highly unlikely. He will work him because he needs to catch up, not because of any underlying reason.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Hey, does anyone know how much Michael Robinson is weighing these days...I am guessing over 240 lbs. at this point.

really doubt that. At most i think 235 but likely 230, he entered the league at 220 if im not mistaken.
Parker will hold him out until he feels he gets his money, he will come in late and be so far behind his rookie season will be non productive and a waste. We've all seen it happen with other rookie players in the league and their first year be a wash. Stand by for a protracted holdout. Parker doesn't blink that's why is loathed by owners and players who want more now love him!
I think and im just guessing, he will probably sign in a week or two and will not be able to make much of an impact until after our bye week.
  • gpat52
  • Info N/A
I just hope he doesn't pull a Jamarcus Russel.
Originally posted by dwats49:
when ever crabs get into camp, singletary is going to work the dog (spit) out of him and i dont blame him either

No. He'll come in and have to fight for reps, but there won't be hostility or punishment. Singletary understands that this is part of the business.

Um he'll eventually sign and then eventually play.
He's locker name plate will have "DIVA" written on it.
I'm posting about 1.2 GB's of photos and videos from this morning's practice session right now to my Flickr account. It's going to take awhile, but I'll post the link once it is up. Lots of stuff to see. :)
Once again, Goldson's name is all over the training camp reports. I can't wait to see what he can do as a starter. Here's a tidbit from Barrows about Hill, but what I'm noticing is Goldson's name coming up on every pass play:

"Shaun Hill, it should be noted, didn't look any better than Smith during the team portion of practice. His first pass to Vernon Davis was late and was almost picked off by Dashon Goldson. He connected with Jones on the second pass, and Jones was hit to the ground by Goldson. The third pass, this one to Delanie Walker, was tipped by Michael Lewis and nearly intercepted by Goldson. The best was the fourth pass ... Hill waited for Davis to get open, then hit him with a 20 yarder."

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/
Share 49ersWebzone