Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Less than a year as full time HC and you guys call him a failure? Good grief guys, quit with the instant-gratification mentality. Things are slowly getting better, and it takes time for a franchise to turn around.

SLOWLY GETTING BETTER!!!??!!!!!

Hes a tool. This philosophy WONT get it done in the NFL. He is WAYYY to stubborn to change it to! Piss poor game/player managment as well. Just Horrible

YES SLOWLY GETTING BETTER.

Without anything else involved, answer this:

Are we better than we were last year when Noaln was still coach. If you follow the 49ers as close as anyone on this board, it is a convincing YES.

People complain about the past 7 years CRAP, big news guys, Singletary can give a crap about the past 7 years. The only thing he's in control of is when he is HC

our record doesn't indicate that. I dont care if we lose by 32 or 2 we still lose. If nolan wins 1 game but loses all the others by 15 plus and sing doesnt win any but loses them all by 7 or less nolan>sing

last year we were 7-9, with 5 of those wins coming from when Singletary took over. The year before that, 5-11 (3 of those wins coming after week 11).

Yes we are 4-6 now, but having more wins by week 11 in a while. I can almost guarantee that we will have a better record than previous years. WHICH MEANS, SLOWLY GETTING BETTER.

Man, how standards fall over time.
  • Veteran
Less than a year as full time HC and you guys call him a failure? Good grief guys, quit with the instant-gratification mentality. Things are slowly getting better, and it takes time for a franchise to turn around.

In your expert opinion, how long does it take to turn around this team? So far its been 7 years, is 10 years a good number?Maybe 12 or 15 or even 20?Also, last I checked we lost five out of six games, that's more like slowly regressing not getting better!
His failure will be blamed on Smith just like everything else that goes wrong in the world

But on a serious note, nothing will happen. He will be given time just like Nolan
What is this word "IF" you are using?

I don't think it means what you think it means!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
His failure will be blamed on Smith just like everything else that goes wrong in the world

But on a serious note, nothing will happen. He will be given time just like Nolan

As he should
Originally posted by 190836:

In your expert opinion, how long does it take to turn around this team? So far its been 7 years, is 10 years a good number?Maybe 12 or 15 or even 20?Also, last I checked we lost five out of six games, that's more like slowly regressing not getting better!

Are you kidding me? Yes the Niners have had 7 straight losing seasons, but this thread is about SINGLETARY. He's been coaching for about a year and he has more wins than losses. How are you going to hold him accountable for the past 7 years?

This isn't even bout Singletary anymore, this is about YOU GUYS! Inpatient fans that only get a sigh of relief with instant gratification.

When a nfl team drafts a 1st round QB and he is a bust, it usually sets them back about 4-5 yearswhen they change QBs,if a nfl team drafts QB and he is a bust and think he can turn it around without making a change it can be 10-12 yrs cause then you can be certain incompetents are in charge
I think he stays no matter the record this season.
Originally posted by jogr49:

When a nfl team drafts a 1st round QB and he is a bust, it usually sets them back about 4-5 yearswhen they change QBs,if a nfl team drafts QB and he is a bust and think he can turn it around without making a change it can be 10-12 yrs cause then you can be certain incompetents are in charge

I guess it is a good thing we don't know if we have a bust yet then now isn't it
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Singletary has been coach for 1/2 of 1 season and 1/2 of another. The previous mess is not on him--it's on Nolan, the Yorks, and McCloughlan.

We have most of the pieces in place. Fix the line, get some secondary help and we're in the mix. A new HC needs 2-3 years to turn it around.

The track record for new coaches who've won Superbowls is 4 years to the first one.

Yet it seems as if 90% of the people on this site want to start all over again without even giving him a full season.

Originally posted by smileyman:

Singletary has been coach for 1/2 of 1 season and 1/2 of another. The previous mess is not on him--it's on Nolan, the Yorks, and McCloughlan.

We have most of the pieces in place. Fix the line, get some secondary help and we're in the mix. A new HC needs 2-3 years to turn it around.

The track record for new coaches who've won Superbowls is 4 years to the first one.

Yet it seems as if 90% of the people on this site want to start all over again without even giving him a full season.

The frustration with Singletary is his refusal to open his eyes and see that this team isn't a power running team.

The frustration with Singletary is his refusal to open his eyes and see that this team isn't a power running team.

I think you got the wrong guy
[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:

I think you got the wrong guy

No I have the right guy.
Sing, Raye, Smith, McCloughlin all get one more year. If we do not have a winning record or make the playoffs I predict all of them will be fired.

If Jed get the stadium deal done and does have to fire the individuals mentioned above the stadium will give Jed the leverage he needs to go out and get a big name GM and coach. In addition the new regime will have a small nucleus of pro bowl talent to work with and turn things around quickly, like in one year.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
The better question is, what do we do when we have another 7-9 season? I think he's got to go. There is too much proven coaching talent out there to endure another year of crappy football. How about Holmgren and coach Chin? That sounds like a winning combo to me.
Share 49ersWebzone