There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What happens if coach Singletary fails?

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Can I add that if the Niners finish 2-14, he will be reduced to a thong on the sidelines.

Agreed. Let's hope he wins.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Can I add that if the Niners finish 2-14, he will be reduced to a thong on the sidelines.

But in all seriousness, if he matches or does better than last years record, he's safe.

But if Singletary epic fails then i think there will be some legit questions and either or both of the coordinators will get fired before Singletary does.

-9fA
Singletary does not know how to fail.
Then we have a regular ole' 49er season that we are used to watching for the last several years.
Had to dig this one from the crates... But i think Singletary is beginning to fail.. I like coach Sing, but I don't think he is ready to be a head coach. He just doesn't have the football IQ to really out scheme anyone... and i mean ANYONE in this league. And it shows Sunday after Sunday. Jed made the emotional pick this offseason when he hired Sing. Just goes to show that the folks up top still have no clue with what they are doing..
McL, Sing adnRaye do the work of 3 people - Moe, Larry & Curley.

Get Shannahan or Holmgren or the Chin. The Chin got the Steelers to te SB w/O'Donnel as QB and then later another QB - He is under rated.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81474bb9&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I was reading this and it really makes me second guess everything with Shanahan and Holmgren. Seems like Holmgren doesnt want to coach anymore and looking forward to Front Office but was a disaster in Seattle to the point of almost being fired if he didn't give up his GM position.

Shanahan was known as "Let's get another guy" because all he does is spend, spend, spend and doesn't hold himself accountable to any of the mess he created in Denver.

For me, I think the guy I would most be happiest is Dungy. May be Cowher too but not sure if I will like Cowher's run mentality.
[ Edited by sacleads on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
McL, Sing adnRaye do the work of 3 people - Moe, Larry & Curley.

Get Shannahan or Holmgren or the Chin. The Chin got the Steelers to te SB w/O'Donnel as QB and then later another QB - He is under rated.

And how long was he given to get the Steelers there?
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
Sing will be here next season. I think he keeps Smith. Too bad, unless things change. He needs to game plan for what Smith can do. Smith is very limited and may be successful if given plays that he can handle. Otherwise, all the players around him lose. I would hope that the front office puts Singletary on a short leash and holds him accountable for what he accomplishes next year. Can't keep going the way it is. Need at least a 9 win season to consider keeping him. If not, why not really go back to the west coast offense and get a coach that is from that tree and practices it. I am afraid that we could lose all games for the rest of the season and Sing will still be here next year. We may not have a great team, but the pieces are there to be somewhat successful if utilize right. Can Sing adapt and change? Hope so, but doubt it.
Originally posted by Steve:
Sing will be here next season. I think he keeps Smith. Too bad, unless things change. He needs to game plan for what Smith can do. Smith is very limited and may be successful if given plays that he can handle. Otherwise, all the players around him lose. I would hope that the front office puts Singletary on a short leash and holds him accountable for what he accomplishes next year. Can't keep going the way it is. Need at least a 9 win season to consider keeping him. If not, why not really go back to the west coast offense and get a coach that is from that tree and practices it. I am afraid that we could lose all games for the rest of the season and Sing will still be here next year. We may not have a great team, but the pieces are there to be somewhat successful if utilize right. Can Sing adapt and change? Hope so, but doubt it.

Agreed. That's my worst fear....Sing refuse to change and we continue to lose and yet we reward him with another year...........
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Had to dig this one from the crates... But i think Singletary is beginning to fail.. I like coach Sing, but
Quote:
I don't think he is ready to be a head coach. He just doesn't have the football IQ to really out scheme anyone... and i mean ANYONE in this league. And it shows Sunday after Sunday.
Jed made the emotional pick this offseason when he hired Sing. Just goes to show that the folks up top still have no clue with what they are doing..

Fully agree with this
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I think Shanahan and Holmgren are both very overrated...Cowher it just took him a long time to finally win the big one, I know Seattle got to the SB but that was with Holmgren as a coach not a gm.. if Singletary bombs I'd take a look at some of the other established coaches out there, Brian Billick won on a consistent basis without an offense maybe this time he finally gets one? Or John Fox if the Panthers can him for Cowher, the guy took over a 1-15 team and 2 yrs later they were in the SB (and have continued to be a pretty good team). Also a up and coming offensive coordinator I wouldn't mind either.

But i'm pretty sure Singletary gets another season at least
He has failed

He isnt smart enough to to coach. He makes HORRIBLE player moves IE Rossum, Clements, JHill I dont give him credit for Crabs as most coaches would have put him in if they saw his talent. Horrible game managment and his pep talks well this isnt the NBA. He uses the same philosophy every game runnning hard Iform bulls**t. Oh were going to come out and punch you in the mouth. He needs to shut the f**k up because no team is scared of us we are 4-6. Honestly this season is turning into a HUGE joke because of coach Fraud
If we don't make the playoffs, the 49ers failed this season.

If you go with the buck-stops-here philosophy, then the HC is responsible for all results. He gets the credit and so, also the heat.
If he doesn't spread out the offense then fire his ass.