LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 127 users in the forums

What happens if coach Singletary fails?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wouldn't mind having Shanahan leading the way if coach Sing falters..
It's all in how it plays out.

If we lose because of injuries they Sing is probably safe. If its cause he sticks with a QB that isn't getting it done then bye bye...
then we over hype the next coach
Singletary will not be fired after his first full season, no matter what.
can anybody guess how this one is going to turn out?
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
it doesn't matter what happens this season... besides the fact that we will be a playoff team this year and will be much improved, I don't think he will get fired no matter what his record is (barring a Lions-esque 0-16 year).

I mean if they gave Nolan three seasons or whatever they gotta give Sing a shot for more than one.. i think he is safe for a few years... if he NEVER gets us to the playoffs after like 2 or 3 seasons... then i can see him getting canned, otherwise he is safe
cue the troll brigade in 3.... 2.... 1....
I guess everything in the West Bay will implode.

If Jed has any Eddie D in him, he'll fire the coach, and hire the latest Stanford coach that has NFL experience. That way there is an East Coast Hargaugh and a West Coast Harbough.

My point is, who knows.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
IT WONT HAPPEN!

• krizay
  • Veteran
We very well may find out (sorta). IMO this team is not a playoff team. yet there are alot of people out there that think we very well maybe. We won't make the playoffs this year. If we draft a QB early next year and actually start him. We very likely won't make the playoffs next year. Then there will be some disgruntled fans. Which wouldn't be fair to Sing. But it is what it is.
Can I add that if the Niners finish 2-14, he will be reduced to a thong on the sidelines.
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Can I add that if the Niners finish 2-14, he will be reduced to a thong on the sidelines.

Originally posted by krizay:
We very well may find out (sorta). IMO this team is not a playoff team. yet there are alot of people out there that think we very well maybe. We won't make the playoffs this year. If we draft a QB early next year and actually start him. We very likely won't make the playoffs next year. Then there will be some disgruntled fans. Which wouldn't be fair to Sing. But it is what it is.

Good point!
Share 49ersWebzone