There are 212 users in the forums

Does anybody believe that our pass rush is any better?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by backontop:
The team and some fan's want you to believe that "pressure" is more important than "sacks".

Why?

Because for the last decade+ the 9ers have been sickly in getting "sacks" and "intereceptions"..... but simply because the team got some pre-season intereceptions those Fan's and the team want you to overlook the fact that they STILL CAN"T SACK THE Q.B.!

yup cause you know more than the entire team and the entire coaching staff. IF you are so great at the game of football and you know so much, what team are you coaching again? Ahhh yea I thought so

Interesting....you have "thoughts"?

yes but when I have a "thought" I don't create a thread just because it is a "thought"

Well here, use your "thoughts" on this....

Fred Dean = Sack Master = 9ers Super Bowl

Charles Haley = Sack Master = 9ers Super Bowl

Charles Haley = Sack Master = Dallas Super Bowl

so your saying that Fred Dean and Charles Haley won those Superbowls all by themselves

No, you are saying that.

Clearly, what I am implying is that Dean & Haley were KEY elements to winning playoff and superbowl games as they could "consistanly" change the course of the games by producing >>>>SACKS.

Getting the picture?

By your ideology the team that has the SACK leader for that particular year should win the SB seems how he is the SACK MASTER for that year. Lets see if that is how it plays out.

Season---sack leader and team they were on--------team that one the SB
2008---Ware/Dallas---Steelers
2007---Allen/Cheifs---Giants
2006---Merriman/Chargers---Colts
2005---Burgess/Raiders---Steelers
2004---Freeney/Colts---Patriots
2003---Strahan-Giants---Patriots

Should I continue?
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Manusky isn't stupid. He is not going to give anything way. They have not tried any stunts and haven't rushed more than 4 or 5 at a time. Wait until the season opener to make your assessments

Actually I did see one stunt in last weeks game. Parys stunted from the weak side to the strong side between the Center and Guard, Romo couldn't step up into his throw and the ball was intercepted. I'm sure that Manusky, has some schemes, stunts, twists, zone blitzes...still at the same time, it would be nice if we could get a big push on a pass rush without all the bells and whistles, let our opponents know that we can get to their QB, straight up without the tricks
The team and some fan's want you to believe that "pressure" is more important than "sacks".

Why?

Because for the last decade+ the 9ers have been sickly in getting "sacks" and "intereceptions"..... but simply because the team got some pre-season intereceptions those Fan's and the team want you to overlook the fact that they STILL CAN"T SACK THE Q.B.!

yup cause you know more than the entire team and the entire coaching staff. IF you are so great at the game of football and you know so much, what team are you coaching again? Ahhh yea I thought so

yes but when I have a "thought" I don't create a thread just because it is a "thought"

so your saying that Fred Dean and Charles Haley won those Superbowls all by themselves

No, you are saying that.

Clearly, what I am implying is that Dean & Haley were KEY elements to winning playoff and superbowl games as they could "consistanly" change the course of the games by producing >>>>SACKS.

Getting the picture?

By your ideology the team that has the SACK leader for that particular year should win the SB seems how he is the SACK MASTER for that year. Lets see if that is how it plays out.

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Bill Walsh knew the missing key to his Defense being championship was a SAck Master... he traded for Fred Dean. Having sack master Fred Dean = Superbowl

Bill Walsh drafted Charles Haley, another Sack Master. Without Charles Haley on our defense... no playoffs, no superbowls.

Get it?
Originally posted by eddie_arkadia:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Manusky isn't stupid. He is not going to give anything way. They have not tried any stunts and haven't rushed more than 4 or 5 at a time. Wait until the season opener to make your assessments

Actually I did see one stunt in last weeks game. Parys stunted from the weak side to the strong side between the Center and Guard, Romo couldn't step up into his throw and the ball was intercepted. I'm sure that Manusky, has some schemes, stunts, twists, zone blitzes...still at the same time, it would be nice if we could get a big push on a pass rush without all the bells and whistles, let our opponents know that we can get to their QB, straight up without the tricks

I noticed the last few games, they are not doing much at all as far as pass rush goes. I mean that they are sending 3-4 almost every time. I am guessing taht since our opener is so huge, they are reallly holding back... at least I hope so...

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Bill Walsh knew the missing key to his Defense being championship was a SAck Master... he traded for Fred Dean. Having sack master Fred Dean = Superbowl

Bill Walsh drafted Charles Haley, another Sack Master. Without Charles Haley on our defense... no playoffs, no superbowls.

Get it?

your ideology is still flawed! Football is a team sport there big guy! 1 PLAYER WILL NEVER WIN A SUPERBOWL!!! Now can you look at the amount of pressure that those players created that resulted in turn overs for the defense? Turn overs on defense will out weigh SACKMASTERS SACKS any day of the week and will always out weigh SACKMASTER SACKS.

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

your ideology is still flawed! Football is a team sport there big guy! 1 PLAYER WILL NEVER WIN A SUPERBOWL!!! Now can you look at the amount of pressure that those players created that resulted in turn overs for the defense? Turn overs on defense will out weigh SACKMASTERS SACKS any day of the week and will always out weigh SACKMASTER SACKS.

I'm not going to paint a picture for you, clearly you have tunnel vision.

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Clearly you aren't, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

When the Niners went 15-1 in 1984-1985, Fred Dean had exactly four sacks. I don't think that was a KEY element to winning playoff games and a superbowl, do you? As a matter of fact the only person with double-digit sacks that year, or even a number above five was Dwayne Board with ten. Their total sacks was a decent number at fifty-one. However, the 49ers intercepted twenty-five passes and recovered twenty-three fumbles, a few of which were returned for scores.

Sacks are just a flashy stat and that is all. If the 49ers bring pressure and cause problems up front without sacking the quarterback, then I really don't care. They're still getting their job done by causing a disruption. What you're not taking into account are the hurries or knockdowns of the QB. Those are very important to consider when assesing a pass rush.

You keep alluding to Demarcus Ware being a game changer. A whole lot of good that did Dallas when they couldn't even make it to the playoffs. It's not like the pass rush is awful, they were tied for sixteenth in sacks last year, and they only had one less than than the Patriots with a very well-respected pass-rusher in Adalius Thomas.

I will take a pass rush that brings pressure that forces turnovers any day of the week over a pass rush that has one linebacker who racks up twenty sacks. No one can say whether or not the pass rush is better or worse after three games in the pre-season. It's not like they're going to bring out any of the blitz schemes before the season even starts.

If the Niners start getting torched by three touchdowns a game due to lack of pass rush, then complain. It's silly to do so when the season hasn't even started yet.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Sep 1, 2009 at 15:30:54 ]
I know that we are not going to be showing any of our blitz packages or stunts, but the fact of the matter is OUR PLAYERS CAN'T BEAT ANYBODY 1 ON 1.

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

I am the one with tunnel vision. Oh that is priceless!!!!!

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

Re-read reply #260

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

Re-read reply #260

I don't need to RE read any of your replies based on the fact that they are garbage. You have no clue WTF you are talking about! You think it is odd that almost everyone on the forum agrees with me and disagrees with you but yup we are the ones with tunnel vision. You are so fixated on SACKS that you ignore the fact that a turn over is better than a SACK! Why could that be? Oh I know because it gives the ball back to THE DAMN OFFENSE!!!

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

Re-read reply #260

I don't need to RE read any of your replies based on the fact that they are garbage. You have no clue WTF you are talking about! You think it is odd that almost everyone on the forum agrees with me and disagrees with you but yup we are the ones with tunnel vision. You are so fixated on SACKS that you ignore the fact that a turn over is better than a SACK! Why could that be? Oh I know because it gives the ball back to THE DAMN OFFENSE!!!

Ok so what would you rather have

ill use the Cardinals in this example

They are in the redzone it is 3rd and 9 warner drops back to pass, Justin Smith and parys Harlson have pressure on the QB which makes him rush his throw and it is picked off by Dre Bly.

OR

same down and distance but this time Justin Smith gets the sack, and the Cardinals come out and kick the filed goal

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

Re-read reply #260

Wow, you really want me to accept your view don't you?

Re-visit replay #260
Originally posted by valrod33:

Why?

No, you are saying that.

Getting the picture?

Should I continue?

You said that , not me.

Get it?

Re-read reply #260

Ok so what would you rather have

ill use the Cardinals in this example

They are in the redzone it is 3rd and 9 warner drops back to pass, Justin Smith and parys Harlson have pressure on the QB which makes him rush his throw and it is picked off by Dre Bly.

OR

same down and distance but this time Justin Smith gets the sack, and the Cardinals come out and kick the filed goal

Clearly the SACK that leads to the FG. The SACK is like a homerun!!! IT CHANGES GAMES!!!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone