There are 187 users in the forums

Does anybody believe that our pass rush is any better?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by SANDMAN:
We haven't had any sacks, the one on Russell doesn't count, but we have had pressure that's resulted in interceptions. I'll take picks over sacks any day.

Although it seemed like the opposing QB's have had all day to throw, our defense hasn't blitz much in the preseason. I look forward to the sack totals rising as we enter the regular season. I guess it would have to because it couldn't get any lower.

Except... we have said the same thing for the past decade or so, that being "once the regular season starts, our Sacks we come".

If you don't have personal who have the talent to Pass Rush, get there and actully knock the crap out of the Q.B. pre-season or regular season , it ain't going to happen.

3 pre-season game with ZERO sacks my friends is not a good sign.

We haven't had 7 ints in a preseason in years so that arguement doesn't hold any weight. Any person that has played football would agree that pressures are just as good as sacks.
Based on what I've seen, no we didn't!
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
We haven't had any sacks, the one on Russell doesn't count, but we have had pressure that's resulted in interceptions. I'll take picks over sacks any day.

Although it seemed like the opposing QB's have had all day to throw, our defense hasn't blitz much in the preseason. I look forward to the sack totals rising as we enter the regular season. I guess it would have to because it couldn't get any lower.

Except... we have said the same thing for the past decade or so, that being "once the regular season starts, our Sacks we come".

If you don't have personal who have the talent to Pass Rush, get there and actully knock the crap out of the Q.B. pre-season or regular season , it ain't going to happen.

3 pre-season game with ZERO sacks my friends is not a good sign.

We haven't had 7 ints in a preseason in years so that arguement doesn't hold any weight. Any person that has played football would agree that pressures are just as good as sacks.

But then the defense wont have any homeruns
Originally posted by backontop:

But But But... The sack is the same things as a homerun for baseball but only for the defense. you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about

I agree with you, I would rather have pressure that results in INT's than a measly sack

Saying pressure is just as good as a sack is normally what a team that CAN't get SACK's uses as their excuse for not being able to get a sack.

If you have not noticed.... the 9ers will have you buy into that that, since they are a team that CAN't get a sack.

What else do you expect them to say?

By the way... if Pass Rushers were not a KEY element to winning teams, why do so many teams seek them so badly?

A legit SACK demon can indeed change the outcome of a game
On an interview with Patrick Willis during the 49ers vs. Cowgirls preseason game on Saturday, Mr. Willis said that we're not showing any of our pass rush packages during the pre-season.

I'm sure Sing, Manusky has something nasty brewin'.

But But But... The sack is the same things as a homerun for baseball but only for the defense. you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about

I agree with you, I would rather have pressure that results in INT's than a measly sack

Saying pressure is just as good as a sack is normally what a team that CAN't get SACK's uses as their excuse for not being able to get a sack.

If you have not noticed.... the 9ers will have you buy into that that, since they are a team that CAN't get a sack.

By the way... if Pass Rushers were not a KEY element to winning teams, why do so many teams seek them so badly?

It's absolutely hilarious that you need to start a thread everytime some asinine thought comes into your brain.

Pressure is an excuse for teams who don't get sacks? Really? Wow, I didn't know you were an NFL defensive coordinator.

A defensive pressure that results in an interception is just as good if not better than a sack. I think what you mean to say is that a LEGIT OLB that can wreak havock in the backfield, sack or not, can change the outcome of the game. Well, no s**t. Name 10 teams that have one, it's not like they're a dime a dozen.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Aug 31, 2009 at 17:13:14 ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I think the pass rush coach was an old SIngletary buddie from the Bears.

He is one of Singletary's best friends. If you watch the 49er yearbook video, Al Harris is on the field last season as a guest of Singletary. I think Sing did feel Al Harris could help this team but I bet u to he wanted to have a good friend around.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

It's absolutely hilarious that you need to start a thread everytime some asinine thought comes into your brain.

Pressure is an excuse for teams who don't get sacks? Really? Wow, I didn't know you were an NFL defensive coordinator.

A defensive pressure that results in an interception is just as good if not better than a sack. I think what you mean to say is that a LEGIT OLB that can wreak havock in the backfield, sack or not, can change the outcome of the game. Well, no s**t. Name 10 teams that have one, it's not like they're a dime a dozen.

A defensive pressure that results in a completion for a 1st down is just as bad as not getting pressure.

A pressure guarantees you nothing. A sack guarantees at worse a loss of a down. At best aa sack guarantees a loss of a down and a good chunk of yards.

How about I name you one team that does not have one and has not had one for the past decade +

49ers.

That is what is asinine...the 9ers thinking for that long they don't need a legit Pass Rusher. and oh, thank's for the compliment thinking I was a defensive coordinator

[ Edited by BigMar on Aug 31, 2009 at 17:21:58 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Let me ask you this. Would you rather have the opposing team start each possession 2nd and 15. Or would you rather have our defense just get pressure on the QB every 1st down and let the results of the pressure fall where they may?

Originally posted by NinerGold39:
On an interview with Patrick Willis during the 49ers vs. Cowgirls preseason game on Saturday, Mr. Willis said that we're not showing any of our pass rush packages during the pre-season.

That may be true, but I would still like to see one of our players beat an OL.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

He is one of Singletary's best friends. If you watch the 49er yearbook video, Al Harris is on the field last season as a guest of Singletary. I think Sing did feel Al Harris could help this team but I bet u to he wanted to have a good friend around.

Totally agree. He propably was already commited to Harris before he won the job. I remember some former Bears saying (shortly after Singletary was named HC) that Sing had promised them positions as coaches. But I guess since he inherited a team with an established coaching staff (as opposed to building a new one from scratch), he couldn't hire them all.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

That may be true, but I would still like to see one of our players beat an OL.

You will see this when the ACTUAL SEASON starts. I know we all are anxious to see some real football but some of you guys really need to calm down.

BTW, where can i get this year's yearbook? I love those, but I can find the new one.

BTW, where can i get this year's yearbook? I love those, but I can find the new one.

I watched it on ESPN 2, two weeks ago. It was very well done IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone