LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Stop the Crabtree Hate

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dont worry about crabtree... our team success this year does not solely land on his shoulders...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i hate the fact he is not on the feild...... but i would rather he show up late, then have signed mark sanchez!!!!!!!!
I just hate the fact that he is holding out (so far)
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
"All over his nuts?"- Uh, I wasn't close to his nuts, nor do I wish to be near his nuts.

Impressive use of the English language!

Are you an English teacher?

History.

Wait a second. I see a "gay" reference. You'll have to excuse me....I can't resist.

You got too much free time during summer vacation

Way too much, I admit.

Just wondering your thoughts on this. You predicted Crabs holding out til the 15th. It looks like DHB is going to sign really soon. Do you think that the DHB signing speeds things up at all?

It helps get the ball rolling, but I think we have to wait in line until both Monroe and Raji sign. Parker is going to demand as much coin as DHB, and he's not going to get the Niners to bite. Once Monroe and Raji sign, now we will have the perameters in place for a contract. As stated before, I believe Crabtree's salary will fall between DHB and Monroe's, probably closer to the Raiders' WR.

I'm beginning to think the 15th could be optimistic. It is barely more than two weeks away.

As of today, only five of the thirty-two first rounders have signed. Crabtree's agent is going to take some time to get a contract.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
All of you guys gotta chill out with the Crabtree hate or whatever it is. Just cause the dude wants to take care of himself, you all of a sudden hate him? I remember when he was drafted, you were all over his nuts, now you're all chomping at the bit to punch him in the face. Just gotta chill out, the dude will be in camp. He wants to play.

I bet a lot of you in Crabtree's position would do the exact same thing. And it's not like he's the only person on our team.

The rookies and other players on the team understand Crabtree's position on things and don't hold anything against him for it. Singletary also isn't worried, so take the stick outta your ass and be patient, it'll happen.

Stop the hate.

"LEAVE CRABTREE ALONEEEEE"

haha

Any contract he signs will "take care of himself"
All of you guys gotta chill out with the Crabtree hate or whatever it is. Just cause the dude wants to take care of himself, you all of a sudden hate him? I remember when he was drafted, you were all over his nuts, now you're all chomping at the bit to punch him in the face. Just gottaposition would do the exact same thing. And ite he's persteam.

The understand Crabtree's position on things and don't hold anything against him for it.
haha
thank you.. n for those of u that say there isnt any hate ive seen plenty of ppl call this guy a diva. I know usually players get paid according to where they are selected in the draft but next yr there wont be a SCap and u cant expect him to ignore his talent for 5~6 yrs n agree to a lesser contract than what he feels he deserves and believes he can earn. I say give him what he wants w stipulations in preformance if possible and lock up the future of our offense for as long as possible
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Why stop the hate... He's technically not a 49er yet, right??
Just get the guy signed already
Its just business. He will be signed within the next 2-4 weeks. In my opinion he wasn't going to do much as a rookie anyway so no big deal
what's your sign?

Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
All of you guys gotta chill out with the Crabtree hate or whatever it is. Just cause the dude wants to take care of himself, you all of a sudden hate him? I remember when he was drafted, you were all over his nuts, now you're all chomping at the bit to punch him in the face. Just gottaposition would do the exact same thing. And ite he's persteam.

The understand Crabtree's position on things and don't hold anything against him for it.
haha
thank you.. n for those of u that say there isnt any hate ive seen plenty of ppl call this guy a diva. I know usually players get paid according to where they are selected in the draft but next yr there wont be a SCap and u cant expect him to ignore his talent for 5~6 yrs n agree to a lesser contract than what he feels he deserves and believes he can earn. I say give him what he wants w stipulations in preformance if possible and lock up the future of our offense for as long as possible

and you expect the 49ers to just roll over on the guy and give him what he wants and forget that he has an injury that most don't recover from well. I think they should put a clause in his contract that if he plays well with out reinjury to his foot then he will get close to what he is looking for. If not then give him 10th pick money.
I Hate that greedy punk as* biatch!!!

Naw, not really, however, if no deal can be struck for a 10th rnd pick, and NOT a 3rd rnd pick, then let him sit the entire season. Let the rook learn to hire the right agent.

The NFL REALLY needs a rooky cap, no way these guys should get the money they get without playing a down in the pros, JUST NO WAY.

NINERS 2009!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jul 29, 2009 at 20:20:16 ]
We should of drafted Orakpo, haha, joking of course, look this is annoying it really is, MC wants more money, we don't and shouldn't have to give it to him, it will work it self out, even without this guy were a playoff team, were a NFC West Champion team, he's almost a bonus for us. For the time being I'm just forgetting Michael Crabtree exists, that is until he signs that contract.
Yeah, this is different that a guy who has a contract and is holding out for whatever reason. THose guys agreed to play for a given amount and before their agreement was up they wanted more. Crabtree is negotiating his contract right now, the only leverage he has in the barganing is that he can not sign and sit out.

Another way to look at it is that if the 49ers want him in camp bad enough they'll give him a little more than #10 would be slotted for. I'd offer him the amount that the first WR off the board got or will get (can't remember if he's signed or not). It's only a few slots higher.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Yeah, this is different that a guy who has a contract and is holding out for whatever reason. THose guys agreed to play for a given amount and before their agreement was up they wanted more. Crabtree is negotiating his contract right now, the only leverage he has in the barganing is that he can not sign and sit out.

Another way to look at it is that if the 49ers want him in camp bad enough they'll give him a little more than #10 would be slotted for. I'd offer him the amount that the first WR off the board got or will get (can't remember if he's signed or not). It's only a few slots higher.

Bey has not signed as well...

Share 49ersWebzone