LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Stop the Crabtree Hate

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
the thing is the #2 pick hasn't even signed yet so without the market set for the positions ahead of him how could he be signed?

According to some conpirators around here the early picks havent signed yet because they are waitning on Crabs. Somehow because he wants more money(top 3 money) others wont sign because they might get less money than him even though they were picked first.

Its the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard. Only a few 1st rounders have signed. I guess the whole first round is holding out.

Y'know, if you think about it, Crabtree is doing teams a favor in the long run. This will probably force the NFL to implement a rookie pay scale so that its predetermined what they make. This could spell the end to ridiculous rookie contracts.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, there is alot of hating going around. He's one of 28 first rounders that still haven't signed. Once people around him start signing, I'm sure he'll be next to sign.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by danimal:
I havent seen one hate thread towards Crabs. I just see frustrated fans.

that is a Niner Talk staple. Make up a scenario that does not exist and then start a thread opposing it.

Uhh, i've read things inside threads that would come off as hate. The title of the thread doesn't have to entail hate, but posts inside may.

No he's right. There is definitely some unnecessary Crabs-hate going on now. Childish and immature.

post some examples so I can prove you are exaggerating.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I havent seen one hate thread towards Crabs. I just see frustrated fans.

that is a Niner Talk staple. Make up a scenario that does not exist and then start a thread opposing it.

Uhh, i've read things inside threads that would come off as hate. The title of the thread doesn't have to entail hate, but posts inside may.

No he's right. There is definitely some unnecessary Crabs-hate going on now. Childish and immature.

post some examples so I can prove you are exaggerating.

"All over his nuts?"- Uh, I wasn't close to his nuts, nor do I wish to be near his nuts.

Impressive use of the English language!

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 29, 2009 at 13:12:22 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
"All over his nuts?"- Uh, I wasn't close to his nuts, nor do I wish to be near his nuts.

Impressive use of the English language!

Are you an English teacher?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The system needs to be fixed, a rookie cap tied to a person's draft position would fix this. Huge sums of guaranteed money paid to rookies based on potential is unfair to the teams held hostage by them and their agents, and to the veterans who are proven talents that make a lot less. There are too many multi-million dollar busts
in the NFL, we have one of them in Alex Smith. Don't be upset at Crabtree he is just playing the system for what he can get, the system needs changing.
I don't think it's hate, it's just that people are fed up with all of these overpaid cry babys b*tching over the difference in a couple of million dollars when people across this country are losing thier companies and jobs left and right. I know I wanted to hop through the screen a week ago myself, and stick my foot up Deion and Marshalls asses when they were saying that the players should get thier contracts renegotiated for more money if the league goes to an 18 game schedule. Are you f*cking kidding me dude?

They should all be ashamed of themselves to stir all of this up over money when the men and women who are sitting in foxholes in another country, and putting thier lives on the line for these fools are making pennies in comparison to thier salaries. Then the idiots can't keep themselves out of the news f*cking with guns, fighting dogs, beating strippers, and shooting bouncers.

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Jul 29, 2009 at 13:41:00 ]
No hate here... He'll be fine, whenever it is he shows up. Somebody please SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!!
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
I don't think it's hate, it's just that people are fed up with all of these overpaid cry babys b*tching over the difference in a couple of million dollars when people across this country are losing thier companies and jobs left and right. I know I wanted to hop through the screen a week ago myself, and stick my foot up Deion and Marshalls asses when they were saying that the players should get thier contracts renegotiated for more money if the league goes to an 18 game schedule. Are you f*cking kidding me dude?

That's what would happen though, they play more games, they get paid more money. It's just like you working 7 days a week instead of 5, do you want to be paid for those extra 2 days? I know I would. Can't blame em. You would do the same wouldn't you?

All of you guys gotta chill out with the Crabtree hate or whatever it is. Just cause the dude wants to take care of himself, you all of a sudden hate him? I remember when he was drafted, you were all over his nuts, now you're all chomping at the bit to punch him in the face. Just gotta chill out, the dude will be in camp. He wants to play.

I bet a lot of you in Crabtree's position would do the exact same thing. And it's not like he's the only person on our team.

The rookies and other players on the team understand Crabtree's position on things and don't hold anything against him for it. Singletary also isn't worried, so take the stick outta your ass and be patient, it'll happen.

Stop the hate.

"LEAVE CRABTREE ALONEEEEE"

haha

how do you pronounce that?
All of you guys gotta chill out with the Crabtree hate or whatever it is. Just cause the dude wants to take care of himself, you all of a sudden hate him? I remember when he was drafted, you were all over his nuts, now you're all chomping at the bit to punch him in the face. Just gotta chill out, the dude will be in camp. He wants to play.

I bet a lot of you in Crabtree's position would do the exact same thing. And it's not like he's the only person on our team.

The rookies and other players on the team understand Crabtree's position on things and don't hold anything against him for it. Singletary also isn't worried, so take the stick outta your ass and be patient, it'll happen.

Stop the hate.

"LEAVE CRABTREE ALONEEEEE"

haha

Why must you generalize this issue about Crabtree? Not ALL of us are down on him. I think you need to chill a little too bro.

im not worried about it. he'll be in camp soon enough.
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

That's what would happen though, they play more games, they get paid more money. It's just like you working 7 days a week instead of 5, do you want to be paid for those extra 2 days? I know I would. Can't blame em. You would do the same wouldn't you?

No for 2 reasons:

1. I'm sure thier contract says x amount of dollars per season. That means if the season were to get extended, then you're just sh*t out of luck.

2. Right now they play 4 pre season games and 16 reg games for a total of 20. The league is talking about just playing 18 regular games which would actually be 2 less games which means that they should actually be reduced using your's/thier logic.
f**k crabtree that f**king b***h, he jsut wants more money so he can be gay and buy designer suits and s**t, if he was a real man he would have signed his contract already and quit holding out he is gonna mke millions of dollars in his nfl career, we should trade his ass now

Jk, people he will get signed, if he holds out so be it , cant blame him for wanting more money , im willing to bet 49 cents that any one of us would hold out for more money if we were crabtree too
Share 49ersWebzone