There are 269 users in the forums

Vernon Davis claims 9ers will make the SB (***UPDATE Vernon on Crabtree***)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Wow, only in 9er talk would people turn a topic about our guys saying the teams going to the superbowl into a dispute about our educational system...

That is becaues they don't realize that it is the internet! Have they not see the spellings of that as dat. It is the same thing, just ebonics via the interwebs
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
wooooooooooooo super bowl
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Love the confidence of our team!

Confidence is something we're not short of.. it's the results.

"Don't tell me, Show Me"

-Greatest quote ever for a team that thinks they have the potential to make the playoffs.

Exactly! This team is gonna show it this year I hope
Originally posted by cooljon16:
Vernon Davis isn't confident, he's arrogant.

It's nice to know that the team paid for my flight, they must love them some big 85.

http://twitter.com/VernonDavis85

What makes you think that?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Love the confidence of our team!

Confidence is something we're not short of.. it's the results.

"Don't tell me, Show Me"

-Greatest quote ever for a team that thinks they have the potential to make the playoffs.

Exactly! This team is gonna show it this year I hope

Just hope they show us something this year.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm probably going to get ripped for this, but confidence issues aside (and I love confidence), it never ceases to astound me that guys can actually graduate from college without having at least a marginal command of grammar and spelling. And yeah, I realize they're not on the team for their literary or public speaking ability, but c'mon, they're supposed college graduates!!! It's a sad commentary of how little we demand of athletes and of the educational system that allows them to progress all the way through the graduate level without possessing grade school skills. Sorry for the rant.

Most football players don't graduate....

-9fA
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Being a grammar nazi in regards to someone's Twitter is the definition of irony.

You really don't get it, do you? You think that these guys just talk and write that way on Twitter or when texting? Check out their interviews or talk show appearances, or if you're lucky enough to meet them in person. Yeah, some have learning disabilities or speech impediments, but the majority are simply uneducated, and for a college "grad", that's an embarassment. There's something seriously wrong with a system and culture that alibi's them through life, pays them an obscene amount of money and engenders a sense of entitlement that encourages anti-social and illegal behavior and then practically rewards it by virtual slaps on the wrist when caught. Granted that latter part is changing, but the rest of the coddling that goes on with celebrities, in this case, athletes, continues unabated. Skating through the educational system is just the tip of the iceberg. Sometimes, it's just painful to watch, that's all. And I really didn't set out to change the topic of this post. My apologies to the poster.
they talk the talk...will they walk the walk?
Vernon

Like the slogan says, Dont tell me Show me. But I do like the swagger that is coming around this team. I have not seen this upbeat high spirit since Steve retired.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
It's not a question of the athlete not caring, it's the system, and let's face it, us fans, who excuse them, elevate them and absolve them of of adhering to the norms of society, whether they're educational, legal, moral, whatever. And I'm not hating on Vernon; it's just what brought all this to mind.

I think you're pretty right on with this. It's like when people complain about what the media does and does not cover - they cover what they do because of DEMAND. Plain and simple. It'd be great if we all watched CSPAN for our political coverage but FoxNews and MSNBC just get better ratings because they dumb it down for the lowest common denominator.
I love how a couple of delusional Niners has led to a discussion of NCAA idiot factories aka div 1 football programs

Its like when anyone talks about SuperBowl and the Niners, the first thing you should do is question their intelligence
Originally posted by danimal:
I love how a couple of delusional Niners has led to a discussion of NCAA idiot factories aka div 1 football programs

Its like when anyone talks about SuperBowl and the Niners, the first thing you should do is question their intelligence

hey maybe when we finally win our first SB it wont be so bad to .....wait what??
This is not topic worthy. What is a player suppose to say? He may or may not believe what he is saying.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 29, 2009 at 18:42:38 ]
Share 49ersWebzone