LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Sing's 1st 2009 season Press Conference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It’s a big day for the 49ers website staff over here at team headquarters in Santa Clara, but not exactly for the obvious reasons.

Yes, rookies, quarterbacks and players coming off injury report in a couple of hours later today (Tuesday), two days before the rest of the veterans.

Yes, that signals that we are inching closer to the 49ers first training camp practice this Saturday.

And yes, head coach Mike Singletary will be addressing the media at 4:00pm

http://blog.49ers.com/2009/07/28/skeet-shooting-with-shaun-and-alex/

I have checked CBS 5 but I can't pull up their regular webcast they do during the season

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 28, 2009 at 16:24:25 ]
Maiocco is covering it from facebook: will probably write a blog entry later so far:

Niners coach Mike Singletary left no wiggle room today: "It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening."

Singletary has plenty of tolerance of Michael Crabtree's stalled contract talks w/49ers. Singletary said he twice held out with the Bears.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 28, 2009 at 18:51:17 ]
Shaun Hill says top improvements to 49ers offense are: 1) More freedom for QBs to audible; 2) Fewer plays but more emphasis on perfection.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Maiocco is covering it from facebook: will probably write a blog entry later so far:

Niners coach Mike Singletary left no wiggle room today: "It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening."

It's OVER. VICK IS NOT GOING TO BE A NINER.

THE END

Shaun Hill says top improvements to 49ers offense are: 1) More freedom for QBs to audible; 2) Fewer plays but more emphasis on perfection.

Martz play book was like the yellow pages! Lol perfection is a good thing!
Originally posted by frankie:

that is something Nolan never understood.

Nope he ran the play wether it was good or bad he moved to the next play! Wow nothing like getin everyone on the same page!

Sings way is light yrs ahead of nowin nolans! If we fail which we won't at least all the blood sweat n tears will go into practice n the games! And the players can go home at nite knowing they gave it their all! Nolan left a lot out there in the unknown factor and I dispise him for that. Last yr was the biggest. We had leads of teams we had been counted out on from day one. And his big prevent nickle sealed our fate and gave away games! Nothing like some vanilla in the times of aggression.
Idk
that's just me tho

This doesn't really belong in the FACEPALM thread because it happened 2 years ago under the Hostler. We know about no hot reads but to hear that they would only try a play 1 time (in camp) and if they didn't get it right, on to the next one.

Walsh would run that motherfuer 3,782 times till they got it right.

Say what you want about "Sleepy" Raye, he believes in the KISS method -- Keep it Simple Stupid.

Simplicity is good. That is Sing's philosophy. We are going to come right at you. You are going to know what is coming. But, we will still complete it. The 85 Bears didn't really need to try to trick anyone.

How many times did you know where Aikman was going with the ball (not to dredge up the COWBOYS thread). Just saying, a WELL EXECUTED simple offense is more effective than the WCO in 1981 half-baked with bozos like Hostler and (dare I say it) a played out Martz.

There, I said it. Martz is played out. If he weren't, he'd have a job.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

This doesn't really belong in the FACEPALM thread because it happened 2 years ago under the Hostler. We know about no hot reads but to hear that they would only try a play 1 time (in camp) and if they didn't get it right, on to the next one.

Say what you want about "Sleepy" Raye, he believes in the KISS method -- Keep it Simple Stupid.

Simplicity is good. That is Sing's philosophy. We are going to come right at you. You are going to know what is coming. But, we will still complete it. The 85 Bears didn't really need to try to trick anyone.

How many times did you know where Aikman was going with the ball (not to dredge up the COWBOYS thread). Just saying, a WELL EXECUTED simple offense is more effective than the WCO in 1981 half-baked with bozos like Hostler and (dare I say it) a played out Martz.

Hostler, its amazing he was even a qb coach!
This was due to norv, but still nothing like planning ahead. Frickin norv said he was staying then jetted wit a quickness. He basically gift wrapped hostler and handed em to us. We tried to keep continuity but he was so over his head!

Hostler, its amazing he was even a qb coach!
This was due to norv, but still nothing like planning ahead. Frickin norv said he was staying then jetted wit a quickness. He basically gift wrapped hostler and handed em to us. We tried to keep continuity but he was so over his head!

Norv interviewed with the Cowboys http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/01/norv-turner-leading-candidate-for-cowboys-job/

But he took the HC job with SD

Can't really blame him fore wanting to be a HC one more time (given the Raider / Wash fiascos)

But, Hostler was a pure Nolan hire.

Hostler impressed Nolan with his laminated game plan cards. Hostler apparently came up with "game plan" while he was an assistant. NOWIN know what that was like having learned Powerpoint from Paraag.

I don't know what type of offense the patriots are runnin but if martz was smart he would switch to that if he wants to pass the ball a s**t load of times. I understand he likes to go deep but come on man....you got to change it up man.

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Jul 29, 2009 at 01:16:12 ]

It's good to know that my opinion on Martz is shared,it amazed me how many posters thought we should have kept him,but he is not the answer.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

It's good to know that my opinion on Martz is shared,it amazed me how many posters thought we should have kept him,but he is not the answer.

the guy is just not that creative....a smart coach would know when he needs to do something different.....that is why him and nolan should stick together...they both boneheaded.
Share 49ersWebzone