There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 'F' word

• DJD
  • Veteran
Fysical aka the F-word. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of his meaning? I have taken it upon myself to put meaning to this random quote. the F-WORD!!!

The F-WORD is going to be heard a bunch this season all across the league as teams face the FYSICAL FORTY-NINERS!!!

[ Edited by DJD on Jul 28, 2009 at 09:02:58 ]
Originally posted by DJD:
Fysical aka the F-word. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of his meaning? I have taken it upon myself to put meaning to this random quote. the F-WORD!!!

The F-WORD is going to be heard a bunch this season all across the league as teams face the FYSICAL FOURTY-NINERS!!!

Anyone hear his interview with KNBR this morning?

I missed it
Forty, not fourty.
The best I've heard on this is Physical with an "F" means to just get it done. Don't care if its dirty or ugly just get it done... No need for "Ph" to make the f sound when a simple "F" will do. "Ph" is getting too fancy for what Sing wants...
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Forty, not fourty.

right you are :)
Forty, not fourty.

Holy cow thats sad.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by D_Niner:
The best I've heard on this is Physical with an "F" means to just get it done. Don't care if its dirty or ugly just get it done... No need for "Ph" to make the f sound when a simple "F" will do. "Ph" is getting too fancy for what Sing wants...

Makes sense to me. Good analysis.
Its just slang talk.
singletary just may be part filipino. filipinos always get their p's and their f's mixed up! such as friday- filipino pernounce pryday. physical- filipino pernounce feezicul. hahaha just a thought!
Originally posted by DJD:

The F-WORD is going to be heard a bunch this season all across the league as teams face the FYSICAL FORTY-NINERS!!!

spelling Physical with an F just makes you look uneducated. like how the "N" on Nebraska's helmets stands for "Nowledge", to show that the university isnt just about sports, but education as well.
I can't believe no ones picked up on this. The "Ph" in the word physical makes the sound of an "F." For this reason, the word physical (as well as other words with "Ph") are said to be spelled/said with a "Soft F." By saying he wants to be physical with an "F" simply means he wants to eliminate the softness.
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Makes sense to me. Good analysis.

That's way too much for Mike Singletary to assume people would infer. I don't think I've ever even heard that phrase used before.
I think he was just trying to help Letterman out with some good skit material.
He meant FYSICAL as in F them up PHYSICAL.

If you specialized in Defense you'da known this.

Sheesh never seen so much made of oh so little.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Forty, not fourty.

Holy cow thats sad.

Your screen name is sad
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home