There are 338 users in the forums

P-Willy in the octagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Anybody who studies Martial Arts, or any form of fighting for that matter, would not be afraid of Patrick Willis. I know people like to beef him up and act like he can do anything to anybody and he's some unstoppable force and blah blah, but in reality he is just a great linebacker. That doesn't mean he can fight, nor would he automatically be good in combat sports.

If he were to fight in MMA, or UFC to be exact, his weight would put him against guys like Brock Lesnar. Anyone who thinks Patrick Willis would have a chance against a guy like Brock Lesnar is only fooling themselves.

But aside from that whole "how scary would he be" angle, I think it's a good thing that Patrick Willis is taking up MMA training. The training for combat sports is very intense and can only help him with his coordination, stamina, speed and power. He could get even better on the field by doing this. Now that is scary.

yeah but Brock is 280, P-Willy is 240 after a big lunch, not to mention he has been wrestling since he was four years old. So its not saying much that he wouldn't be able to compete professionally after a month of circuit training. But if he dedicated himself? His power, agility, strength, balance, and grip strength would make him a force on the ground, imagine how fast he could shoot.
this could be a legitimate threat for the heavy weight class in the future.
Anybody who studies Martial Arts, or any form of fighting for that matter, would not be afraid of Patrick Willis. I know people like to beef him up and act like he can do anything to anybody and he's some unstoppable force and blah blah, but in reality he is just a great linebacker. That doesn't mean he can fight, nor would he automatically be good in combat sports.

If he were to fight in MMA, or UFC to be exact, his weight would put him against guys like Brock Lesnar. Anyone who thinks Patrick Willis would have a chance against a guy like Brock Lesnar is only fooling themselves.

But aside from that whole "how scary would he be" angle, I think it's a good thing that Patrick Willis is taking up MMA training. The training for combat sports is very intense and can only help him with his coordination, stamina, speed and power. He could get even better on the field by doing this. Now that is scary.

Fedor is close to the size of willis, Fedor would DESTROY lesner!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Well we will be finding out real soon. Fedor is signing friday.
That's it. Now I SERIOUSLY can't wait for the season to start so I can see Willis wreck some fools. Warner's going to be calling Favre for advice after the first game.

Fedor is close to the size of willis, Fedor WILL DESTROY lesner!

he could probably make 205 with some weight cutting
  • 9ER_FANATIC
  • Info N/A
Thats pretty crazy...I jus saw Patrick in Vegas at the Palms this past Saturday n he did look a lot slimmer from when I saw him at the Warriors game in Feburary. But he said he was ready to go n that the D should be top 5!
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

yeah but Brock is 280, P-Willy is 240 after a big lunch, not to mention he has been wrestling since he was four years old. So its not saying much that he wouldn't be able to compete professionally after a month of circuit training. But if he dedicated himself? His power, agility, strength, balance, and grip strength would make him a force on the ground, imagine how fast he could shoot.

Brock is probably around 290, but that doesn't matter after 235. You can be 235 and have to fight a 400 pounder.

The whole point was I highly doubt anybody that stepped in to the octagon with Patrick Willis would be SCARED of him.

That's not the point.

I only used Brock Lesnar's name because he's at the top of the weight class Patrick Willis would be in if he were to fight in the UFC. Somebody at the beginning of this thread asked how scary it would be for Willis' opponent and I pointed out the fact that his opponents would be guys like Lesnar and they would NOT be scared of him at all.

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Well we will be finding out real soon. Fedor is signing friday.

How is he signing Friday when he has a match on Saturday with another promotion?
Pro Bowl LB Patrick Willis says 3 weeks of MMA training in Vegas helped improve his leverage, as well as quickness with his hands and feet.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

IMPROVED his quickness with his hands and feet after 3 weeks

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 30, 2009 at 16:38:36 ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Pro Bowl LB Patrick Willis says 3 weeks of MMA training in Vegas helped improve his leverage, as well as quickness with his hands and feet.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

IMPROVED his quickness with his hands and feet after 3 weeks

his quickness was already awesome. we may not be able to see him if he's any faster lol
I can take out PWillis Bring it on!!

I didn't mean it DON'T HURT ME!
I live in denver and the a Jay Glazer on the radio today.. He was talking about training with p willy at MMA Athletics.. to some it up he said he was a beast... and he stay the same weight over the 3 week period but drop 3 inch on his waist..... He is going to be an great this year.
Share 49ersWebzone