There are 175 users in the forums

P-Willy in the octagon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This can only help his game if you can imagine that. What is good is the grappling and need for balance. OL and others that try to block and wrestle him to the ground to get him out of the way will have a harder time. Plus eye hand body coordination from trying to evade kicks and punches. I doubt that Coulture, knowing he is a football player would train him to the extent that PW would be injured, but rather custom a training regimen for him.

Some sports are good to train in-like it seems soccer is good for basketball players and rugby is good for certain positios in football.
Anybody who studies Martial Arts, or any form of fighting for that matter, would not be afraid of Patrick Willis. I know people like to beef him up and act like he can do anything to anybody and he's some unstoppable force and blah blah, but in reality he is just a great linebacker. That doesn't mean he can fight, nor would he automatically be good in combat sports.

If he were to fight in MMA, or UFC to be exact, his weight would put him against guys like Brock Lesnar. Anyone who thinks Patrick Willis would have a chance against a guy like Brock Lesnar is only fooling themselves.

But aside from that whole "how scary would he be" angle, I think it's a good thing that Patrick Willis is taking up MMA training. The training for combat sports is very intense and can only help him with his coordination, stamina, speed and power. He could get even better on the field by doing this. Now that is scary.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:14:47 ]
jesus christ. this just re-confirms my belief that willis could take over the world. he just keeps getting more and more dangerous. haha
willis is so tough, he could kick chuck norris's a$$
Originally posted by Nes49:
Am I the only 1 that thinks Patrick Willis SHOULDN't do this? As long as he doesn't break something.

Even if he does break something, I think he would play through it....

(senior season @ Ole Miss w/ club on his arm)
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Am I the only 1 that thinks Patrick Willis SHOULDN't do this? As long as he doesn't break something.

Yes, you are. It's not like he's actually going to do a fight. He's just training through the methods they have to offer. Those methods create strength, agility, endurance, and toughness. Jeff Ulbrich does it too. At least he used to. If he were to actually practice fighting people, then I would say it's a bad idea, but he's just doing the workout routine. I hear your concern though.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Anybody who studies Martial Arts, or any form of fighting for that matter, would not be afraid of Patrick Willis. I know people like to beef him up and act like he can do anything to anybody and he's some unstoppable force and blah blah, but in reality he is just a great linebacker. That doesn't mean he can fight, nor would he automatically be good in combat sports.

If he were to fight in MMA, or UFC to be exact, his weight would put him against guys like Brock Lesnar. Anyone who thinks Patrick Willis would have a chance against a guy like Brock Lesnar is only fooling themselves.

But aside from that whole "how scary would he be" angle, I think it's a good thing that Patrick Willis is taking up MMA training. The training for combat sports is very intense and can only help him with his coordination, stamina, speed and power. He could get even better on the field by doing this. Now that is scary.

Patriot's offensive lineman Stephen Neal could take Brock:

Stephen to Brock, "I beat you in college, I'll beat you again."
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
willis is so tough, he could kick chuck norris's a$$

Willis is so tough he doesn't have to.

Willis v. Leinart

In the octagon or on the field, it will still look the same.

Damnit. This would be a lot better if my gif would show up.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8675/outputrw4.gif

[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Jul 28, 2009 at 13:18:38 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Yes, you are. It's not like he's actually going to do a fight. He's just training through the methods they have to offer. Those methods create strength, agility, endurance, and toughness. Jeff Ulbrich does it too. At least he used to. If he were to actually practice fighting people, then I would say it's a bad idea, but he's just doing the workout routine. I hear your concern though.

thx faithful,...I guess my concerns R addressed.

Willis takes lives already. no he will take souls
The gas chamber would be like watching saturday morning cartoons in comparison.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by lamontb:
They should put him, Shaq, and Leinart in a 3 way brawl.

PW would destroy them both.

Agreed.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Willis takes lives already. no he will take souls

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Patriot's offensive lineman Stephen Neal could take Brock:

Stephen to Brock, "I beat you in college, I'll beat you again."

He might have beaten him in a wrestling match, but I highly doubt he'd win in the octagon.
Share 49ersWebzone