There are 199 users in the forums

what the hell is going on (M.C. Signing)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ive been reading in recent reports that we are no where close to signing m.c. b/c we are trying to sign him w/ what a no. 10 pick usually gets... excuse me, but why the hell are we even having to worry about this 1 day before tc begins. All ive been hearing is how amazingly lucky we are that he even fell down to ten and that he should have never been there. In order to give Gore more room in the running game we need him to help stretch the field. Signing him and getting him to camp should be priority number one for this organization. Plus even if he is asking for a top five contract give it to him and lock him up for 5-8 yrs, we have the cap room. Doesnt make much sense to me hes a tier one player and he knows it he wants his payday.
there is like 10 threads regarding Crabtree, and one specific one regarding his possible holdout, you'll probably get a better answer there
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
?
first off, he can be signed to a 6yr deal max, and he was picked 10th, and should take a deal for the 10th slot, i say give him more guaranteed money, with minimum base salaries. No way should we give in, but if we dont, then i can hear it, "York is CHEAP" or "Fire Paraag and McCloughan".
umm, yea.. im actually going to have to side with the organization on this.. he was drafted #10 and deserves ONLY #10 money. period. thats how the draft works. otherwise, aaron rodgers should have had top 5 money in his 20 something spot. crabtree dropped, for whatever reason, and that is what he is worth. like it or not, thats how the draft works. you can specualte how "talented" a player is, but they get paid based on where they are drafted. gore is our #1 back. he should have been a 1st rounder in my opinion. but we paid him based off the round he was drafted it. round 3. crabtree needs to stop bit**ing. the entire draft signing process isnt going to revolve around where he "thinks" he shnould have been drafted.
IBTM....

...the other threads weren't good enough for ya man...

..having issues of attention...

LOL
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
Ive been reading in recent reports that we are no where close to signing m.c. b/c we are trying to sign him w/ what a no. 10 pick usually gets... excuse me, but why the hell are we even having to worry about this 1 day before tc begins. All ive been hearing is how amazingly lucky we are that he even fell down to ten and that he should have never been there. In order to give Gore more room in the running game we need him to help stretch the field. Signing him and getting him to camp should be priority number one for this organization. Plus even if he is asking for a top five contract give it to him and lock him up for 5-8 yrs, we have the cap room. Doesnt make much sense to me hes a tier one player and he knows it he wants his payday.

See the problem with that is...if a team gives in to the idea that "a rookie is worth more $$$ than the spot where they were drafted" then many rookies would make their agent demand more if they fell down the draft boards. Look at Aaron Rodgers, he was seriously considered as a #1 and dropped 20+ spots to GB. Does that mean he deserves #1 financial contract?

I'm just as anxious to sign Crabtree and finish this as quickly as possible, but can't blame McParaag for seriously questioning that logic and not giving in right away to any outrageous contract demands.
Trying to get a post created about you over in the vet thread?

Here I go!
Crabtree better get his butt in camp!
We should pay him the money a tenth pick in the first round would get. Why? Because he IS the tenth pick in the first round. Anyone who suggests otherwise doesn't understand how this process works. He makes his BIG money in his second contract. If he's afraid of proving his worth before that second contract, then we don't want him anyways. From everything I've seen and heard about him, he's not afraid of that at all. So sign what the tenth pick is worth and play football.

Share 49ersWebzone