LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Who would be the 54th Man on the Roster? (Last man cut)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would be the 54th Man on the Roster? (Last man cut)

Assuming that Nate Davis and Curtis Taylor are asked to be on the practice squad who do you think would be the last play above the cut. I know in reality they cut the last remaining players in one final group, but play along.

I think Battle has to have an extremely impressive camp and pre season. I think/hope Ziegler makes the team. I think Ziegler has really taken advantage of Bruce and Crabtree taking most/all of the Spring practices off. And being a Baylor Bear along with Mike Sing doesn't hurt his chances either

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -

There are 42 players I fully expect to be on this team: Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, Frank Gore, Michael Robinson, Glen Coffee, Moran Norris, Michael Crabtree, Brandon Jones, Josh Morgan, Isaac Bruce, Delanie Walker, Bear Pascoe, Vernon Davis, Chilo Rachal, David Baas, Eric Heitmann, Adam Snyder, Tony Wragge, Marvel Smith, Joe Staley, Isaac Sopoaga, Aubrayo Franklin, Demetric Evans, Justin Smith, Kentwan Balmer, Takeo Spikes, Patrick Willis, Jeff Ulbrich, Scott McKillop, Parys Haralson, Manny Lawson, Nate Clements, Tarell Brown, Mark Roman, Dre' Bly, Reggie Smith, Michael Lewis, Dashon Goldson, Andy Lee, Joe Nedney, Allen Rossum and Brian Jennings.

There are eight others who I believe have strong chances to make the team (if healthy): Damon Huard, Jason Hill, Cody Wallace, Ray McDonald, Ricky Jean-Francois, Marques Harris, Jay Moore and Shawntae Spencer.

And there are 11 others who, right now, stand at the top of the group competing for the remaining roster spots: Nate Davis, Kory Sheets, Thomas Clayton, Arnaz Battle, Dominique Zeigler, Barry Sims, Alex Boone, Jacob Bender, Ahmad Brooks, Marcus Hudson and Curtis Taylor.

Maiocco's take from a month ago

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jul 27, 2009 at 11:00:11 ]
We're heavy at WR for a team that wants to be a run first O. AB and Zeig are on the block IMO...
Jay Moore
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Jay Moore

doesn't he have P.S. eligibility? Listening to Denny Green talk about the USFL on KNBR the other day, I was thinking about Jay Moore when they were talking about what types of players could benefit from the new USFL.
Does anyone think we can trade Battle for maybe a 5th or 6th rounder? Maybe we can push for a low 4th but i doubt it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Does anyone think we can trade Battle for maybe a 5th or 6th rounder? Maybe we can push for a low 4th but i doubt it.

I'm sure the Ravens would take him for a 5th
Brooks will make the team unless he does something REALLY stupid between now and the cuts. We just have too few players at his position.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Jay Moore

doesn't he have P.S. eligibility? Listening to Denny Green talk about the USFL on KNBR the other day, I was thinking about Jay Moore when they were talking about what types of players could benefit from the new USFL.

He may have PS eligibility, I’m not sure. The guy has been on IR for two strait seasons. That leads me to believe that the team must see something in him to be keeping him around. I don’t get it; I don’t really remember him standing out during pre-season. I just think that if he’s healthy, this is his year to prove that he belongs in the league.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Brooks will make the team unless he does something REALLY stupid between now and the cuts. We just have too few players at his position.

Maiocco has Lawson, Parys, Marques Harris, Jay Moore all in front of him. 5 guys at the 2 OLB postions? that seems like a lot on one roster.
I'm sure Ziegler, Moore and Hudson are going to be fighting it out for that final roster spot, so it's a fairly safe bet that the 54th man is going to be one of them.

I don't think Battle is going anywhere.

After him, most of the others are pretty much guaranteed not to make the team.

But, of those, I'd say Barry Sims is the last to get cut.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm going to say Mark Roman
Originally posted by krizay:
I'm going to say Mark Roman

No way Roman gets cut.

-9fA
  • fan49
  • Veteran
really davis on ps..... no way.... he will get swooped way before the news hits the wire that he is moved to ps.
Share 49ersWebzone