LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

NFL.com says 49ers are one of the most dangerous 2008 non-playoff teams in 2009

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blogs.nfl.com/category/put-up-your-dukes/

"San Francisco 49ers -– Quarterback remains the biggest weakness for this team. Shaun Hill is a good custodian of the offense, but the 49ers need a real playmaker at the position to help take some of the pressure off RB Frank Gore. Too bad Eddie DeBartolo isn’t still with the organization because he would have the guts to sign Michael Vick once he is reinstated. The defense will be good, and while the offense will not be spectacular, it should be consistent."

Along with us are the Raiders, Seahawks, and Bengals. oh well...

playoffs baby.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jul 25, 2009 at 16:32:50 ]
Jed York is Eddie Debartolo Jr.
Hopefully he's better than his pops. His dad was a penny pinching douche.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

It's all about penny pinching! lol
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

I don't mind penny pinching at the grocery store or at the shopping center, but from what I recall, Debartolo didn't mind spending money signing key players that led us to the promise land.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jul 25, 2009 at 16:38:12 ]

I don't mind penny pinching at the grocery store or at the shopping center, but from what I recall, Debartolo didn't mind spending money signing key players that led us to the promise land.

thats the biggest misconception with York, he has spent yr after yr that he has had the cap room, Nate, Jonas, Lewis, Justin Smith, Ron Stone, Newberry, Beasley, Tony Parrish, Hearst, all got big deals.

the only reason we didnt extend guys like TO and JP, was they wanted ludicrious deals.

So, i dont buy the penny pinching bs excuse anymore, its all pure BS IMO.
I can't believe what I'm reading???? Did Jamie Dukes just say something positive about the Niners??!! WOW
Why on earth would a team with two first rounders next year want to hassle with trying to rehabilitate Michael Vick? Come on.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

thats the biggest misconception with York, he has spent yr after yr that he has had the cap room, Nate, Jonas, Lewis, Justin Smith, Ron Stone, Newberry, Beasley, Tony Parrish, Hearst, all got big deals.

the only reason we didnt extend guys like TO and JP, was they wanted ludicrious deals.

-9fA
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Why on earth would a team with two first rounders next year want to hassle with trying to rehabilitate Michael Vick? Come on.

Ya, I'm about tired of hearing "Vick" and "49ers" in the same senctence. I'd rather take my chances with Huard than Vick

Originally posted by BrodieFan:

Because we could use those two first round picks to draft stud defensive players, possibly a stud safety and defense tackle or lineman.

Vick is a playmaker, end of story. Regardless of what you feel about his off field conduct, you have to admit, he will make plays, first downs, and score touchdowns for whatever team that he lands on.

I personally wouldn't mind him. I dont think Singletary would deal with his drama though, I'm sure he would set Vick straight.

This.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I can't believe what I'm reading???? Did Jamie Dukes just say something positive about the Niners??!! WOW

What did he say?

"Nate, Jonas, Lewis, Justin Smith, Ron Stone, Newberry, Beasley, Tony Parrish, Hearst"

Out of all these big signings, the only ones I think turned out positive for the 49ers are Justin Smith, Newberry, Beasley, and Hearst.

Nate Clements got 80 mill for being a hard hitting, physical corner. Michael Lewis is mediocre. Ron Stone was hurt too often, and Tony Parrish was another Michael Lewis.
Originally posted by AKfanster:

What did he say?

Just the fact that he mentioned us as a "dangerous" team is amazing to me. He is usually to busy pointing at Alex Smith screaming BUST to mention anything else about the team.

[ Edited by AKfanster on Jul 25, 2009 at 16:56:30 ]
Share 49ersWebzone