LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

which qb did you like as a 49er and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

which qb did you like as a 49er and why?

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Joe was the best. Other teams would freak when the Niners were down and Joe came in with two minutes.

At the peak, Steve had the offense humming smooth like a machine. It was scary.

Elvis was like a whole mess of other good QB's that looked great with this offense, like Steve Bono and Jeff Kemp.
My list goes in this order...

Cool Joe - "hey, isn't that John Candy over there?...nuff said.

Steve Young - 39 Days! overcoming the critics, Joe's shadow and bringing 49er fans back together as one.

Jeff Garcia - a fellow SJSU alum. This guy plays his heart out and is tougher than most people think. I still root for this guy to this day.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
My list goes in this order...

Cool Joe - "hey, isn't that John Candy over there?...nuff said.

Steve Young - 39 Days! overcoming the critics, Joe's shadow and bringing 49er fans back together as one.

Jeff Garcia - a fellow SJSU alum. This guy plays his heart out and is tougher than most people think. I still root for this guy to this day.

This
i like them both. i enjoyed more of steves career since i was born in 87 but ive seen plenty of montana games on video. i liked both but i liked steves style of play better. he was more exciting to watch IMO
Originally posted by kidash98:
here we go again...

hey, not many fanbases get to argue which back-to-back HOF QB was better. its a luxury to have pointless bickering over this topic.

personally, i was 7 or 8 when i first started really getting into the 49ers, back in 1994-1995-ish. so i never got to see Montana play. i grew up watching Young, so i had to vote that way.

im sure if i was older and saw both, id be voting Montana all the way.
This is a dumb question. Two HOF & a guy named Elvis.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Why would you even put Grback on there and not include someone who actually was a great quaterback like YA Tittle?

Grback??? what about Tittle and Brodie?????
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Why would you even put Grback on there and not include someone who actually was a great quaterback like YA Tittle?

Grback??? what about Tittle and Brodie?????

Garcia was dope too.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Loved Joe for his field awareness and ice-cold composure. When the man stepped on the field, I always said to myself that he was gonna get it down field and get us the W.

Loved Steve for his incredible toughness, accuracy, mobility, and perseverance. A great personality and a passion that kept him getting up after many crunching hits.

This

yep! Me too. Both!!!!!
Jeff Garcia should be on this poll

Alex Smith
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
What's the "haha" about on Elvis. He was a good QB. (all right, in comparison . . .). That was the cool thing about this team that lead the NFL on offense for 18 of 22 seasons or whatever, it made any third string playcaller look great. Grbac, Bono, Kemp.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Joe Cool

4 Superbowls and cool as ice, nuff said!
I have love for Joe because all the SB he won us, but I always liked watching Steve play more.
Share 49ersWebzone