LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

which qb did you like as a 49er and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

which qb did you like as a 49er and why?

which of these qb's did you like and respect more and your reason behind it?
Joe, cause he is the greatest QB ever and we knew it just by watching him play.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Um...JOE COOL!
Why isnt both an option? they were both great qbs and id be happy to have either. i dont know why it always has to be joe vs steve.
  • sir_clinksalot
  • Info N/A
I loved both Joe and Steve, but Joe was the QB when I first remember watching the 49ers and football.
Loved Joe for his field awareness and ice-cold composure. When the man stepped on the field, I always said to myself that he was gonna get it down field and get us the W.

Loved Steve for his incredible toughness, accuracy, mobility, and perseverance. A great personality and a passion that kept him getting up after many crunching hits.
I think Joe was better, and he was far and away my favorite player for a VERY long time.

However, I think I LIKE Steve better in terms of who I kind of root for as a person and who I think I might get along with in real life.

A lot of it had to do with the fact that I was pre-law for a while and I always really respected the fact that Steve was so cerebral and that he got his law degree while riding the pine.

Also, Steve had a bit more of an underdog vibe about him and more of that hard nosed, aggressive style as a running QB which really appealed to me and is more the kind of person/athlete I am. (Not that I'm anywhere close to either of their level), but I'm more of a guy who succeeds through strength, grit and/or smarts, than the one who had the most natural physical talent.

Joe "Cool", made it all seem so easy, that comparitavely (and only in this sense), it's a little harder to root for him, because things always seemed to go his way and without much challenge.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Why isnt both an option? they were both great qbs and id be happy to have either. i dont know why it always has to be joe vs steve.

Agreed, not honestly being able to separate the two I voted for Elvis.
here we go again...

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Loved Joe for his field awareness and ice-cold composure. When the man stepped on the field, I always said to myself that he was gonna get it down field and get us the W.

Loved Steve for his incredible toughness, accuracy, mobility, and perseverance. A great personality and a passion that kept him getting up after many crunching hits.

This

Why would you even put Grback on there and not include someone who actually was a great quaterback like YA Tittle?
Originally posted by kidash98:
here we go again...

Please do something

Exactly.
Originally posted by BobS:

Agreed, not honestly being able to separate the two I voted for Elvis.

I voted for Elvis.. not because I liked Elvis better, but because I couldn't choose between Joe and Steve so I just decided Elvis' option would be "both" for me.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 24, 2009 at 17:39:15 ]
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by kidash98:
here we go again...

Please do something

Yes, please do. Everyone knows it's Joe #1 and Steve #1b. /thread
Share 49ersWebzone