Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by billybonka:
got the dvd set

one of the best purchases I've ever made

oh, and in terms of tight ends:

Russ Francis >>>>>>>>>>>> Vernon

agree 100 percent
there was a recent thread going on about the best ever Niners TE and Vernon's name came up

he's not even top 5

19 year olds I tell you
The thread was actually a poll that asked "Who was the greatest 49er tight end?" The only two options were Vernon Davis and Brent Jones. Damn youngsters have no clue.

actuallly is says best TE of all time in 10 years...lol. so it is assuming VD does good i guess but why only include two TE's i dont know??? stupid polls are always popping up on here.
Originally posted by BobS:
Anybody else think the 84 team should be rated higher than 8th best and the 94 team
better than 17th, what were those experts smoking when they voted?

I think it was fan voted, and since we suck now it is easy for people to forget. I definitely agree though. The 94 team was barely tested after the 2nd half of the Detroit game. If I remember correctly the only game that was ever in doubt was the reg season against Dallas. Otherwise we had the Superbowl wrapped up in week 5.
Im recording both of them. I have all of them now except the 81 season. There was no need for a purchase.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
DAMN I LOVED THE '94 49ERS!

I HATE THE COWBOYS NOW!!

I'm still watching NFL Network lol

dude...do u know the name of the DVD SET FOR THIS SHOW? lol

Americas game
Originally posted by BobS:
Anybody else think the 84 team should be rated higher than 8th best and the 94 team
better than 17th, what were those experts smoking when they voted?

yea i know
Originally posted by pelos21:
Im recording both of them. I have all of them now except the 81 season. There was no need for a purchase.

All them are on Youtube.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Originally posted by pelos21:

All them are on Youtube.

I mean on my DVR. I became a niner fan during that season. I was 13.
To bad we couldn't keep Deion Longer.
yeah it brought back memories...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:
To bad we couldn't keep Deion Longer.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember but after the 94 season the NFL instituted the salary cap. Eddie was free spending, so it created a big roster purge,
the 94 team was basically assembled for a one year run. The sad truth no salary cap + Eddie D was a major part of the 15 year run of 49er greatness and those things are
gone for ever.

Share 49ersWebzone