LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Can Ricky Jean-Francois be the GOAT @ lineman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he has the talent, but to be great, you need more than talent. we shall see if hes got it. i sure hope so
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I wouldn't really look at Jean-Francois as a 7th rounder since he was basically projected as a 2nd to 4th round pick before the draft. He pretty much dropped due to his 12 month suspension, attitude and groin injury.

Which makes him a 7th rounder

You see your looking at it as its written, but not understanding the big picture. Of course hes a 7th rounder, thanks Dr. Obvious, but for his play on the field and potential, he was projected around a 2nd-4th round pick. Which is why I said I wouldn't really look at him as a 7th round pick. Different atmosphere, coaching, teammates, mindset, who knows maybe his play will finally live up to the potential people once saw in him.

Yea I understood what you meant but no matter how athletic you are if you've been suspended, have attitude problems, and a injury that will overshadows those positives. Thus making him 7th round talent. He didn't play like 4th round talent last year.
I see nothing wrong with what he said. It means he wants to work hard to be a great player. I hope the other Niner Players have the same mentality.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by global_nomad:

To be the best you have to win game and that's why I play this game. I wanna be remember as the greatest lineman that walk into the NFL

http://twitter.com/Freakyjean

Stop! Grammar Time!

If it were never for football, I'd've never played football. (to be read in Magic Johnson ebonics)
But as Balmer, (even Mario Williams) have proven its hard to adjust to the NFL in your rookie season on the D-Line.

Super Mario had some sacks and some actual numbers his rookie year, Balmer did absolutely nothing.

To be the best you have to win game and that's why I play this game. I wanna be remember as the greatest lineman that walk into the NFL

http://twitter.com/Freakyjean

Stop! Grammar Time!

Hope he has good training camp
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
he has the talent, but to be great, you need more than talent. we shall see if hes got it. i sure hope so

he sure has the confidence/swagger to be great.
yeah no
Yes he can be the GOAT @ lineman, but Michael Spurlock can also be the GOAT @ WR. just cuz he can doesn't mean he will be

The man has moxy, but he's also just a rookie.
I hope so, but probably not.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't really look at Jean-Francois as a 7th rounder since he was basically projected as a 2nd to 4th round pick before the draft. He pretty much dropped due to his 12 month suspension, attitude and groin injury.

Which makes him a 7th rounder

You see your looking at it as its written, but not understanding the big picture. Of course hes a 7th rounder, thanks Dr. Obvious, but for his play on the field and potential, he was projected around a 2nd-4th round pick. Which is why I said I wouldn't really look at him as a 7th round pick. Different atmosphere, coaching, teammates, mindset, who knows maybe his play will finally live up to the potential people once saw in him.

Yea I understood what you meant but no matter how athletic you are if you've been suspended, have attitude problems, and a injury that will overshadows those positives. Thus making him 7th round talent. He didn't play like 4th round talent last year.

I think it was more about the potential to be good in the Pro's than anything. Trent Edwards' play in college certainly didn't amount to a 3rd round pick, and I could name a bunch of players who didn't play to their draft status, but the point was potential to be better in the Pro's.
Can he? Yes. Will he? Probably not.
Who really is the GOAT of the DL

Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Charles Haley????
Share 49ersWebzone