LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Can Ricky Jean-Francois be the GOAT @ lineman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Check this quote out:

To be the best you have to win game and that's why I play this game. I wanna be remember(ed) as the greatest lineman that walk into the NFL

http://twitter.com/Freakyjean

I like the confidence from the 7th round pick. With McDonald on the rocks for a while I think he will have a chance to show what he has as a rookie. But as Balmer, (even Mario Williams) have proven its hard to adjust to the NFL in your rookie season on the D-Line.
OK, the kid has high goals. Great. We're going to have to see him play though.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

To be the best you have to win game and that's why I play this game. I wanna be remember as the greatest lineman that walk into the NFL

http://twitter.com/Freakyjean

Stop! Grammar Time!
11 More Days until we have topics to discuss!!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He already is...

Seriously though, who knows. That would be something special.
That would be an inspiring quote if it was literate and he didn't have a rep for having some "issues". He's got a lot to prove before we can get even remotely excited, but I hope he's serious enough to put in the work required to make good on such a statement. Right now, all it is is talk.
Lets see if he even makes the roster first
Wow...I don't think I've ever seen the greatest of all time arguement in regards to a 7th round draft pick who has yet to play a down.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't really look at Jean-Francois as a 7th rounder since he was basically projected as a 2nd to 4th round pick before the draft. He pretty much dropped due to his 12 month suspension, attitude and groin injury.
Very talanted, won't disappoint (hopefully)

P.S. I don't think he'll be the greatest lineman to ever talk in the NFL.
For someone who is probably a coin toss to make the active roster, that's a really bold statement. I hope he's right.
SLOOOWWWWWWW offseason!
If by G.O.A.T you mean Gayiest Of All Time, maybe. That is a much more likely scenerio than Greatest Of All Time.
Wish him well but Talk is cheap. Let's see a big-time work ethic and 100% effort on every play during traning camp.
Share 49ersWebzone