LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

How absolutely pathetic. You guys are afraid to lose the Super Bowl in order to protect some legacy that doesn't stand for anything anymore to most of you. Do you think that Steeler fans are jealous of us? Hell no. They have 6 Super Bowl wins and 7 conference championships. I'm sure Cowboy fans don't sit around crying about Super Bowl losses either. They just want a chance in the Big Game. Here's a newsflash for all of you afraid to lose; both the Steelers and Cowboys are considered better organizations than us. I guess we don't have to worry about protecting our precious Super Bowl record anyway. We're not going anywhere with the crew currently in place. I'd take Shanahan and a Super Bowl loss over Sing and a 7-9 record any day. I'm sick right now.
I would rather win the SUPERBOWL and be the only franchise with a 6-0 record in the CHAMPIONSHIP!

Were the 49ers! We dont lose in the SB!

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.

I would rather lose in the NFC championship than lose in the SB.
Right now the prefect SB record is what distinguishes us from the Cowgirls.

I never understood the whole ' We're better than the Cowboys because we are 5-0 and they are 5-3. (Don't worry, I still tihnk we're better than the cowboys) I just feel that going to 8 super bowls and winning 5 is a little better than going to 5 and winning 5......w/e i dnot understand all u fans wanting to lose a game just so you can say we have a perfect record in the SB, makes no sense and its kinda actually frustrating me

Why get to the SuperBowl and lose? What's the point? To say you're the 2nd best team in the league? That would be debatable to say the least, because there have been many, many times when the SuperBowl loser wasn't even close to being the 2nd best team in the league. The 2002 raiders come to mind, as well as last year's Cardinals. Losing in the SuperBowl would do NOTHING but mess with the emotions of the fans on a much higher level than losing in the NFC CHampionship game.

I don't understand why people would want to go to the SuperBowl and lose. It's ridiculous. Who gives a rat's ass if we got ONE GAME further than we would have if we lost the NFC Championship game? The only thing that counts is WINNING the SuperBowl. If you don't win it, then you're just one of the 31 teams that failed. Just because you got there doesn't mean SH*T.

Dude, if we get to superbowl it shows that we're the best in the NFC.

What does that matter? We need to be the best in the entire NFL or w're just another one of the 31 teams that FAILED.

That might be the worst argument I ever heard. So you're pretty much saying it doesn't matter if we're the worst in the NFL or the 2nd best in the NFL? Yes, it doesn't mean anything if we don't win it all, but if we HAD to lose one game, I'd rather be the best in the NFC than the second best.

Think about us being in the super bowl. It would be the most exciting pre-super bowl since 1995! C'mon man, what kind of fan doesn't want us going as far as posible
I just want to say I hope we all know, whenever the San Francisco 49ers are in the Super Bowl they win. In other words, whenever we go back we will win our 6th.
Originally posted by cooljon16:
I think a loss in the superbowl is very hard mentally, to be that close...and come out the other end a loser.

I think a loss in the NFC Championship will motivate and better prepare our players for the following season. Which is what this question truly asks: What kind of loss better prepares our team for the future.

Losing the big game hurts more than losing the NFC Championship, but getting to the Championship game gives our team a small taste of success that will better prepare them for the following season.

Sorry buddy,
Either loss could have great motivation or downward spiral just the same. Most people would rather get to the Big game anyday. They understand how hard it is to get back there. Nothing is guaranteed just cause you were good last yr. Every Yr a So called contender falls and poor team gets better. There is nothing wrong with losing a SB thats part of the total equation of great franchises. Being undefeated is cool and everything, but what if that means never going again?
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.

I never understood the whole ' We're better than the Cowboys because we are 5-0 and they are 5-3. (Don't worry, I still tihnk we're better than the cowboys) I just feel that going to 8 super bowls and winning 5 is a little better than going to 5 and winning 5......w/e i dnot understand all u fans wanting to lose a game just so you can say we have a perfect record in the SB, makes no sense and its kinda actually frustrating me

Why get to the SuperBowl and lose? What's the point? To say you're the 2nd best team in the league? That would be debatable to say the least, because there have been many, many times when the SuperBowl loser wasn't even close to being the 2nd best team in the league. The 2002 raiders come to mind, as well as last year's Cardinals. Losing in the SuperBowl would do NOTHING but mess with the emotions of the fans on a much higher level than losing in the NFC CHampionship game.

I don't understand why people would want to go to the SuperBowl and lose. It's ridiculous. Who gives a rat's ass if we got ONE GAME further than we would have if we lost the NFC Championship game? The only thing that counts is WINNING the SuperBowl. If you don't win it, then you're just one of the 31 teams that failed. Just because you got there doesn't mean SH*T.

What does that matter? We need to be the best in the entire NFL or w're just another one of the 31 teams that FAILED.

That might be the worst argument I ever heard. So you're pretty much saying it doesn't matter if we're the worst in the NFL or the 2nd best in the NFL? Yes, it doesn't mean anything if we don't win it all, but if we HAD to lose one game, I'd rather be the best in the NFC than the second best.

Think about us being in the super bowl. It would be the most exciting pre-super bowl since 1995! C'mon man, what kind of fan doesn't want us going as far as posible

We're not talking about GETTING to the SuperBowl. If we were to be good enough get there in real life, we might be good enough to win and I would have no problem with us going to the SuperBowl - even this year, with this team. If we lose we lose. But this is not real life, this is a hypothetical question where we have NO POSSIBILITY of winning the game. So it's either LOSE the SuperBowl or lose a game before it. I have no idea why anyone would want to go to the SuperBowl and ruin a legacy knowing we will NOT win. There is no possibility of us WINNING. The only option is losing. Keep that in mind. I understand people want to go as far as possible, but losing in the SuperBowl as opposed to the conference championship would mean we only went ONE game further and ruined a record that most long-time fans are very proud of.

I can't believe there are imbeciles on here who have the nerve to question the fandom of those of us that want to preserve something special about our beloved team.

We're not talking about GETTING to the SuperBowl. If we were to be good enough get there in real life, we might be good enough to win and I would have no problem with us going to the SuperBowl - even this year, with this team. If we lose we lose. But this is not real life, this is a hypothetical question where we have NO POSSIBILITY of winning the game. So it's either LOSE the SuperBowl or lose a game before it. I have no idea why anyone would want to go to the SuperBowl and ruin a legacy knowing we will NOT win. There is no possibility of us WINNING. The only option is losing. Keep that in mind. I understand people want to go as far as possible, but losing in the SuperBowl as opposed to the conference championship would mean we only went ONE game further and ruined a record that most long-time fans are very proud of.

I can't believe there are imbeciles on here who have the nerve to question the fandom of those of us that want to preserve something special about our beloved team.

It's because what you are "preserving" is not real. It's just BS hype and an excuse by many to have a leg up on other franchises who actually have been to more and/or won as many or more SBs.

As a fan of several teams in other sports that have gone to the championship game and lost it, I can tell you that as much as it hurt, it was far better to win as much as possible and to have the shot at the big one.

The joy of winning the game to get there, the hype of the time buidling up to the game/series, the experience your team gets and the hunger to get back there and win once they've been that close, and just the joy you get having the "big game" on and it's YOUR team.

None of that is worth trading for a meaningless statistic. The more times you get to the big show, the more you learn and ultimately the more you win. (Unless you are the Bills). But I'll bet even Bills fans would say they would rather have lost 4 in a row, than to have never gotten to one at all.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
It's because what you are "preserving" is not real.

Yeah you're right. We're not undefeated in the SuperBowl. That's all imaginary.
5-0 is great, but sometimes you gotta let it go. If you guys use the 5-0 stat just so you can brag that you are the only franchise to do so is retarded. Yes, its awesome we are undefeated, yes i would like to stay undefeated, but you guys act like the 5-0 makes us the better franchise. It's not the 5-0 it's just the 5! I would rather win the NFC championship game because as a fan i want my team to win, and you should too. Forget the record, its awesome... if this team went to the super bowl and lost this year, they will come back the next year more experienced and have a better chance at getting the 6th super bowl, which in my opinion is much more important than protecting a f**kin stat
why lose.....why not win it all

Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:

this is something everyone in our thread can agree with
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:

this is something everyone in our thread can agree with

Yup I agree wit this as well!
Could ya imagine the hype of the niners vs cincy superbowl! goal line stand repeat! This would be cool but aint gonna happen ha ha!

Talk bout a under dawg success season for the 2
Ok it could happen lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's nice to have a 5-0 record in the SB, but it means little. I would love to Niners play in the Super Bowl.
I'm not sure I could afford all the therapy required if we lost in the SB... I voted for losing in the divisional game. I would be "more" OK with the loss there because it would signify great strides were made this year and the team would be hungry for more.

LB
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Ok, if you're gonna call out another poster, atleast get the dude's name right.

Its singfan, not sabrason....

You are so right and I corrected my post with an apology to Sabrason.

I hate when I do that.

Sabrason and singfan are the same person anyway. Sabrason created singfan because Sabrason was the only person on this forum that couldn't stand Coach Singletary, so he had to create someone to agree with him. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Dude, I got to get get a new drink...and wipe off the keyboard...

Very nice

Yea that was good
Share 49ersWebzone