There are 270 users in the forums

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by singfan:
Oh yeah, one other thing. If you're afraid to lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a real fan.

LAME.

How about this one: if you're OK with your team losing in the SuperBowl when your team is the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, you're not a real fan.

How bout, if your OK with your team losing and your team is the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, you're not a real fan. I don't know about you guys, but SuperBowl or not, I HATE losing.

I agree. But the topic is if we HAD to lose, which game would it be.

I guess people don't give a s**t about our SuperBowl history. I also don't think they understand that the LOSING team in the SuperBowl accomplished NOTHING. It's a sad era when fans of the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS are willing to LOSE a SuperBowl just to be able to say they were in the SuperBowl that year. What a joke.

Ok, i understand that if you lose in the superbowl you accomplish nothing...you probably said it about 4-5 times now.

My point is that, losing in NFC championship game also accomplishes nothing, so why would you rather lose then?
Its better to lose in the NFC championship then in the Superbowl. A loss in the Superbowl is was more depressing.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Oh yeah, one other thing. If you're afraid to lose in the Super Bowl, you're not a real fan.

LAME.

How about this one: if you're OK with your team losing in the SuperBowl when your team is the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, you're not a real fan.

How bout, if your OK with your team losing and your team is the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, you're not a real fan. I don't know about you guys, but SuperBowl or not, I HATE losing.

I guess people don't give a s**t about our SuperBowl history. I also don't think they understand that the LOSING team in the SuperBowl accomplished NOTHING. It's a sad era when fans of the SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS are willing to LOSE a SuperBowl just to be able to say they were in the SuperBowl that year. What a joke.

Ok, i understand that if you lose in the superbowl you accomplish nothing...you probably said it about 4-5 times now.

My point is that, losing in NFC championship game also accomplishes nothing, so why would you rather lose then?

Because of our SuperBowl history. We do not lose in the SuperBowl. We are the ONLY team to go more than 2 times and have an UNDEFEATED record. It might not mean anything to YOU, but that's something the organization and most fans take pride in.

Losing in the NFC Championship game will not affect our team as negatively as a SuperBowl loss. Losing in the Championship game means we're almost there, but not quite. That's exactly what losing in the SuperBowl means - only it will be more emotionally damaging to our players. I don't care what some of the people on this little forum think, our SuperBowl record is NOT meaningless.

And I know I've said it "4-5 times now," but that's because I don't think you really understand that losing in the SuperBowl accomplishes NOTHING. If you're going to accomplish nothing in both scenarios, why the hell would you choose to lose in the scenario that would ruin a record that most of us take pride in? If you've never seen us get to a SuperBowl, then I know exactly why our SuperBowl history means nothing to you.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM ]

LAME.

Because of our SuperBowl history. We do not lose in the SuperBowl. We are the ONLY team to go more than 2 times and have an UNDEFEATED record. It might not mean anything to YOU, but that's something the organization and most fans take pride in.

Losing in the NFC Championship game will not affect our team as negatively as a SuperBowl loss. Losing in the Championship game means we're almost there, but not quite. That's exactly what losing in the SuperBowl means - only it will be more emotionally damaging to our players. I don't care what some of the people on this little forum think, our SuperBowl record is NOT meaningless.

And I know I've said it "4-5 times now," but that's because I don't think you really understand that losing in the SuperBowl accomplishes NOTHING. If you're going to accomplish nothing in both scenarios, why the hell would you choose to lose in the scenario that would ruin a record that most of us take pride in? If you've never seen us get to a SuperBowl, then I know exactly why our SuperBowl history means nothing to you.

I AGREE, our history is very Rich in the super bowl 5 win = 0 losses THAT IS PRIDE
i dont think i could live if we ever loose one

LAME.

Says it all right there.

Given: There is no great reward without great risk.

Everytime a team goes on the field you never know. Point in fact: Roger Craig's fumble. We were ever so close to making a three-peat happen.

We will all be afraid of losing our sixth SB! We are the only team 5 for 5. My God man, do you really have the gall to say this? Do you not have deep unrelenting pride of that fact?

IMHO, your words are venom. They only bring out the worst in us. I just spent time being negative towards you, but you like that...don't you?

You couldn't leave well enough alone. You had to try to prove a point about being "afraid".

The fear dwells inside all "true" 49ers fans because it is the one thing that separates us from the other 32 just like the 72 Dolphins. I don't know about you, Singfan, but I surely cherish that fact. Which begs the question: Why don't you?

If you can't, or worse yet won't, accept that we, the San Francisco 49ers, have an unblemished record in the greatest game in football, even more so than the Dolphins; heck, we kick their azz and used Marino as our wipe; then you sir...nah, you ain't worth it...

...not even the 50% I am willing to give up.

Instead, I feel like this:

LONG LIVE OUR UNDEFEATED RECORD IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

...and yes, Singfan, you pinched that frickin' nerve...

...and I corrected my post and apologize profusely to Sabrason for incorrectly using his name...I screwed up there...my bad!
[ Edited by ninertico on Jul 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM ]
You know what, I can understand where you're coming from and everyone else too.

i guess its a matter of when you became a fan. I assume you have been around for atleast one of the 49er superbowls.

I, on the other hand, became a Niner/football fan in f**king 2004, and have only witnessed losing and losing only.

All I care about is winning and making it deep into the playoffs.

I do take pride in the superbowls, because basically that is the only way to prove the 49ers were ever a good team, but for me i jsut want to get there.

I totally understand you guys' view, and lets just hope that we never have to consider losing in the Superbowl! haha
Originally posted by ninertico:

Says it all right there.

Given: There is no great reward without great risk.

Everytime a team goes on the field you never know. Point in fact: Roger Craig's fumble. We were ever so close to making a three-peat happen.

We will all be afraid of losing our sixth SB! We are the only team 5 for 5. My God man, do you really have the gall to say this? Do you not have deep unrelenting pride of that fact?

IMHO, your words are venom. They only bring out the worst in us. I just spent time being negative towards you, but you like that...don't you?

You couldn't leave well enough alone. You had to try to prove a point about being "afraid".

The fear dwells inside all "true" 49ers fans because it is the one thing that separates us from the other 32 just like the 72 Dolphins. I don't know about you, Sabrason, but I surely cherish that fact. Which begs the question: Why don't you?

If you can't, or worse yet won't, accept that we, the San Francisco 49ers, have an unblemished record in the greatest game in football, even more so than the Dolphins; heck, we kick their azz and used Marino as our wipe; then you sir...nah, you ain't worth it...

...not even the 50% I am willing to give up.

Instead, I feel like this:

LONG LIVE OUR UNDEFEATED RECORD IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

...and yes, Sabrason, you pinched that frickin' nerve...

Ok, if you're gonna call out another poster, atleast get the dude's name right.

Its singfan, not sabrason....

You are so right and I corrected my post with an apology to Sabrason.

I hate when I do that.

• buck
  • Veteran
I would be happy, maybe even shocked, if we got to any but the last choice which was not make the playoffs

I hate when I do that.

Sabrason and singfan are the same person anyway. Sabrason created singfan because Sabrason was the only person on this forum that couldn't stand Coach Singletary, so he had to create someone to agree with him. Pretty sad if you ask me.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Jul 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM ]

LAME.

Agreed.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

I hate when I do that.

Sabrason and singfan are the same person anyway. Sabrason created singfan because Sabrason was the only person on this forum that couldn't stand Coach Singletary, so he had to create someone to agree with him. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Dude, I got to get get a new drink...and wipe off the keyboard...

Very nice
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
...Right now the prefect SB record is what distinguishes us from the Cowgirls.

Yes it does. Them and every other team out there.

And like Ninerfan and Cooljon said, losing in the Superbowl always seems to mess up teams psyches. While losing in the NFC or AFC Championship seems to stoke the fires to do better the next year.
Share 49ersWebzone