LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Assuming playoffs and one loss, would you rather:

• Ring6
  • Veteran
How bad does losing suck? So if it was a foregone conclusion that the niners would not win the Superbowl, how far would you want them to go?

The reason I'm asking this is because losing in the Superbowl would obviously tarnish our perfect SB record. Does anyone out there feel that having a perfect record is more important than losing in the SB?

I bet if you ask the player, they would rather lose in the Superbowl than not get there at all.
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.
Be kinda depressing one way or another, but I'd rather the loss come in the NFC Championship game. It would say that we are a bigtime contender that is just a step away from that #6 ring. Losing the Super Bowl is just not the 9er way. That's just my quick take on it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I say Superbowl. Rather lose in the big game than losing in the big game junior. I really could careless that they are undefeated in super bowl's.

A true NINER fan would never want to give up a perfect record in the big game! Plus, recent super bowl losers rarely makes the playoffs the following year. Thats a set back our team could not afford
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:

A true NINER fan would never want to give up a perfect record in the big game! Plus, recent super bowl losers rarely makes the playoffs the following year. Thats a set back our team could not afford

a true NINER fan would want his team to go as far as possible in the playoffs.....i dont understand why you wouldnt want our team in the super bowl, the weeks before would be f**kIN EPIC, and even if we lose, it would be a fun super bowl. who gives a s**t about 5-0.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
The Superbowl - no doubt. If the Niners are gonna lose in a Superbowl, which they will someday, let's get it over with now. The Niners are a young team, with young players and a new coaching staff, they would not be a 1-hit-wonder team.

Co-signed!!
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
How about if we just win the SB too ? lol 6-0 in SB's sounds good to me ! Although even going to the SB sounds like a pipe dream to me ,this year.
BUT after adding those 2 first round picks next year and maybe a couple of free agents and another year of experience for the youngsters on the roster,who knows what 2010 and beyond will bring .
I think a loss in the superbowl is very hard mentally, to be that close...and come out the other end a loser.

I think a loss in the NFC Championship will motivate and better prepare our players for the following season. Which is what this question truly asks: What kind of loss better prepares our team for the future.

Losing the big game hurts more than losing the NFC Championship, but getting to the Championship game gives our team a small taste of success that will better prepare them for the following season.
If we make the Playoffs AND we're gonna lose, do it ASAP.
No way no how would I ever choose a loss in the SB, Keep the unbeaten streak alive. The closer we got to the big game, the bigger the letdown, the disappointment, the heartbreak. Losing ASAP would be easier on the fans, and the team. Maybe barely make the wildcard and lose that game...but to a much better team...build on that thru the offseason and dominate the following year!

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

a true NINER fan would want his team to go as far as possible in the playoffs.....i dont understand why you wouldnt want our team in the super bowl, the weeks before would be f**kIN EPIC, and even if we lose, it would be a fun super bowl. who gives a s**t about 5-0.

Exactly folks holding on to records that mean nothing. You think the Rooney's, or Jerry Jones are sitting at home "saying dam these 6/5 super bowls mean nothing b/c we lost in a super bowl before. Or I'm sure the Eagles fans would cry if they won a super bowl this year b/c they lost in the super bowl a few years back. So basically what they are saying is if the Niners were 5-1 in super bowls that would somehow be tarnish there super bowls victories. So folks would be happy losing in the 1st round to the Eagles than losing in the Super bowl just so they can get on a message board and say hey the Niners are 5-0 in super bowls. Scratch that loser mentality I want them to go as far as they possibly can. But hey i'm not a real fan
As much as it would suck I would say superbowl. That would mean playoff victories and one helluva super bowl party
  • evil
  • Veteran
What's that? Ah...Playoffs? Don't talk about...playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs?
This is a no-brainer, it's easily the NFC Championship game. If you lose that game, then you can say you had a very good season and you're knocking on the door. On the other hand, if you lose the Super Bowl, then you're the Super Bowl LOSER. Besides, the 9ers are 5 and 0 in the Super Bowl, you don't want to mess up that record.
For me, anywhere before the SB.

I am selfish and want a perfect SB record!!!!

I hope we make it far in the playoffs when we make it. It would all be gravy!!!

There is no expectation for us in the media and through the NFL for us to make it to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone