There are 214 users in the forums

At what position(s) will the Niners be WORSE in 2009 than in 2008?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
None.

Barring injuries, we should be as good or better across the board.
  • FreaKWilly52
  • Info N/A
FS may be worse if goldson gives up big plays, and rb if gore loses a step (god forbid)
everything else should only improve.
Well, this has been very informative! It appears that even the doom-and-gloom pessimists can't -- or choose not to -- come up with any SPECIFIC areas where they expect the Niners to be worse this year.

Most of the responses (some of which were very funny!) are more worries and fears, mostly pertaining to depth and injuries, than genuine feelings that we're headed downhill in some area. The age of some players, and the inexperience of some others, seem to be the biggest fears.

Maybe this means that the often-voiced WebZone pessimism is based more on weariness -- and wariness -- after so many bad years, rather than on any specific concerns about the present team. (Or maybe there was just a lack of interest in this thread!)

Thanks for your responses -- and non-responses: silence can speak volumes.

My conclusion: the WebZone really feels that there's a high probability that we'll have a significantly better team to cheer on, this year.

Q.E.D. -- and Go, Niners!
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
First I'd like to say that I agree with your post and I've made this argument several times against pessimists on this board and it always wins.

One thing should be said here though, that is you have to measure the degree in which the 49ers improved versus the rest of the Divisions/NFL. If Seattle, AZ, and the Rams improved at a greater than the 49ers than this could be considered a net loss. Does this makes sense? So lets say the 49ers got 8% better (new WR, RB, et cetera...), but the Rams got 10% better, then that could be considered a net loss. Just a thought...
[ Edited by KasparHauser on Jul 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM ]
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by FreaKWilly52:
FS may be worse if goldson gives up big plays, and rb if gore loses a step (god forbid)
everything else should only improve.

You would have to say Gore could lose a step as a potential negative, but the acquisition of Norris, Coffee & Sheets as positives.
CB. Losing Walt Harris is going to bite us in the arse. Bly is not the corner Harris was. Lets hope some of our young DB's can step up and help fill that hole.
I wonder what happened to all these posters are they dead? still alive? changed clubs? got themselves a job maybe? hee hee......WHAT POSITION? DID YOU SAY WHAT POSITION? 2015...BACKSIDE UP, DICK YORK ENTERING....PLUGGING AT 2-6. QUICK TOM GET THE VAS...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone