LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Morgan vs the Crabtree Love Affair

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see way to many people here jocking Crabtree who has yet to do anything, yes crabtree has the potential, but just look back at how many wr's that were picked in the top 10 over the years that have contributed right away with an impact that makes you go wow/awesome. not allot. really only fitz or moss, maybe calvin johnson.
i like crabtree, but he has to earn it, and i don't see him passing morgan, and i don't see morgan letting that happen, which in turn will be good for the whole team. don't sleep on brandon jones either.
let the games begin.

not allot of you guys are talking up Josh Morgan.

I truly believe Josh Morgan will lead our wr corps in all stats. The guy is a freak, and I know somebody who has been working out with him, and they said watch out for this cat this year. He flashed allot in preseason, then flashed some in the regular season. Now he's had a good couple of mini-camps, an off season conditioning he's ready to bust it out in training camp.

Crabtree is going to get hit with hard reallity come training camp. Brandon Jones is allot better than what allot of people on here think. Morgan is way ahead of Crabtree, and Bruce is a given #1. I do though see Bruce's role diminishing alittle bit as the season goes on, since crabtree & jones will be pushing, but jones is a much better blocking wr than bruce or crabtree, so that's a plus for jones., and he's a fast.
couldnt have said it better myself
It's all the hype that comes with any 1st round pick, especially it they are in the upper half of the draft, top 10 or 15. I hope Crabtree pans out and becomes a young stud receiver and sparks our offense, but I do agree that Morgan has earned his respect and paid his dues.

Morgan > Crabtree at the moment
Originally posted by billybonka:

what's that supposed to be?
Originally posted by bigmike55:

billy"pinkshirt"bonka, obviously.
I dont know guys.......ther word on the street is Crabtree is the best WR prospect since Randy Moss.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
With all due respect. Josh morgan hasn't done a heck of alot either. Just like Crab you are basing your opinion on potential! To say Morgan is way ahead of Crab is just crazy talk. As you said Crab hasn't done anything yet. So how far behind do you really know he is?
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I dont know guys.......ther word on the street is Crabtree is the best WR prospect since Randy Moss.

I sense sarcasm.

a red bar that makes people think that they've posted in this thread already ? lmao
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jul 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM ]

Yep...crabtree needs to earn his stripes before we label him as the 2nd coming. The guy hasn't played a down and limited participation in practice and he's already labeled as the next Jerry Rice and Randy Moss...gimme a break.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he is the next great NFL WR....but until he proves himself in the battle field and off the field, he was just another great college player.

Billy coming out of the closet?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
With all due respect. Josh morgan hasn't done a heck of alot either. Just like Crab you are basing your opinion on potential! To say Morgan is way ahead of Crab is just crazy talk. As you said Crab hasn't done anything yet. So how far behind do you really know he is?

Morgan got that staph infection which really slowed him down right after pre-season. He then injured his groin near then end of the season. He missed four games and still put up decent numbers for an injured rookie: 20 rec. 319 yds. 3 TDs.

I agree about Crabtree. He hasn't done anything to prove he will fail. He also hasn't done anything to prove he is going to have a monster rookie season. Unfortunately, we have to wait a couple more weeks before he starts playing...
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by krizay:

Morgan got that staph infection which really slowed him down right after pre-season. He then injured his groin near then end of the season. He missed four games and still put up decent numbers for an injured rookie: 20 rec. 319 yds. 3 TDs.

I agree about Crabtree. He hasn't done anything to prove he will fail. He also hasn't done anything to prove he is going to have a monster rookie season. Unfortunately, we have to wait a couple more weeks before he starts playing...

Everything you just said makes me think that if people weren't so starved to see good WR play, we'd hear more complaints about Morgan not being able to stay healthy. That you're willing to look at Morgan's meager numbers and say they were "decent", say's a lot. Morgan has been hyped almost as much as Crabtree. The truth is that none of our young WRs have done much besides show flashes of potential. Morgan and Hill have both shown potential as well as deal with injuries. Crabtree was the man in college, but has yet to step on the field at the next level. All three give us more than a reason to be excited, but I still feel the hype surrounding them and the predictions being made are a little premature. Let's see what they can over a full season before we crown them word beaters.

you must be new to the internets

welcome
Share 49ersWebzone