LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Gary Plummer Autograph

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A friend of mine called me the other day and told me he found an autographed 49ers shirt and that since he doesnt watch football that I could have it. When I got there to pick it up I was shocked to find out that the shirt is supposedly signed by Gary Plummer and it says 1994 world champions on it by his signature. I have to say I am pretty skeptical that this is real but who would fake gary plummer plus the shirt has a 1993 copyright on the bottom. Check it out and tell me what you guys think.
That's legit.

I'll give you $300.
If you are right this thing would most likely end up in a frame on my wall man sorry. Although i am unemployed now....lol.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Jul 18, 2009 at 11:14 PM ]
$400
i probably wouldnt do it for 1000 man....sorry
I've got an autographed picture of his. He lives here in San Diego. I've met him and run into him a few times. I always talk to him about the 49ers. He was real big on Mooch. He said they should not have gotten rid of him. When you look back on it there have been lots of bad years since they did that too.

He's a nice guy and real down to earth. He loves to talk football and especially the 49ers with anybody who is interested. He knew I was a 49er fan so we would talk 49ers whenever we crossed paths. He's still a pretty big guy in person. I think about 6'3" 250 lbs. Much bigger than a normal guy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I've got an autographed picture of his. He lives here in San Diego. I've met him and run into him a few times. I always talk to him about the 49ers. He was real big on Mooch. He said they should not have gotten rid of him. When you look back on it there have been lots of bad years since they did that too.

He's a nice guy and real down to earth. He loves to talk football and especially the 49ers with anybody who is interested. He knew I was a 49er fan so we would talk 49ers whenever we crossed paths. He's still a pretty big guy in person. I think about 6'3" 250 lbs. Much bigger than a normal guy.

so what do you think of the shirt man? Do you think it's legit?
Originally posted by brucesf49:

so what do you think of the shirt man? Do you think it's legit?

That could be legit. I can't say how he would sign years ago on some shirt for some person at an autograph session. But if Gary Plummers autograph is what you seek IMO you can get it. He does 49ers radio and he is a real friendly guy. Try to get to one of the 49ers radio events. They have some from time to time. Then just approach him and ask him. He is real approachable and a nice guy.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 19, 2009 at 1:50 AM ]
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
$400

$500
I have Gary Plummers autograph and that is his signature. However, signed t shirts aren't worth much and Plummers autograph is not worth much either

Thanks guys. I wasn't looking for money anyways. My friend found it at goodwill and since he remembered that I am a die hard niner fan he bought it and called me.

I am going to one of the practices this training camp...wonder if he would be there?
I was chatting it up with Gary Plummer at Family Day. I don't care much for autographs or pictures with these guys, so I didn't even think to ask. He's pretty accessible though and he's willing to chat with people so I don't think an autograph would be hard to get.
He lives here in San Diego.

According to him, he lives somewhere in the Bay Area (I forgot what city). I know he does work for KNBR during the 49ers season.

I think about 6'3" 250 lbs. Much bigger than a normal guy.

He's maybe 6'2" and maybe 230lbs these days. When's the last time you saw him?
  • sanfranfan1210
  • Info N/A
He's a nice guy I got his autograph on a football at this years family day!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He lives here in San Diego.

According to him, he lives somewhere in the Bay Area (I forgot what city). I know he does work for KNBR during the 49ers season.

I think about 6'3" 250 lbs. Much bigger than a normal guy.

He's maybe 6'2" and maybe 230lbs these days. When's the last time you saw him?

He may have a home in the Bay Area which he uses during the season. His permanent home is here in San Diego. He was a pro ball player. I'm sure he can afford more than one home in CA even though most of us struggle to get even one.

His wife and kids are here in San Diego. His kids are in San Diego schools. He is a fixture in the community.

He used to come into a Bank where I worked and we would talk about the 49ers. He knew I liked the 49ers so we talked football every week. I'm no longer at that job and I haven't personally seen him in probably 1 - 2 years. It's possible he may have lost weight. But he seemed to be a big guy to me from what I remember. He looked like he could almost still play.
Share 49ersWebzone