There are 138 users in the forums

Isaac Bruce in Raye's offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hes our number one wr until proven otherwise. and for all you who want bruce gone or benched, are you trying to get hill and smith killed? he is a reliable posession wr and qbs know they can count on him to get open and hold onto the ball.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hes our number one wr until proven otherwise. and for all you who want bruce gone or benched, are you trying to get hill and smith killed? he is a reliable posession wr and qbs know they can count on him to get open and hold onto the ball.

I agree completely, but it's a give and take thing. You want to develop your youth because Bruce is not the future, but at the same time you want to help your QB by putting your best talent on the field. I just don't want to see Bruce have an impressive year at the expense of the development of our young WRs. It's a fine line.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
So Bruce is not the open talkative 'big brother' type WR that we all thought he would be but regardless, he still flourished under Martz and made a valuable on field contribution last year.

The question is, in Raye's offense, will he be able to reproduce similar results? He's not really known for his blocking skills nor does he have that burner speed. But what he does have is knowledge and experience. Will it be enough to keep away someone else from taking the starting role over him?

-9fA

Issac bruce is a sure handed and well round vet. I don't believe he will have any troubles in this system. Martz's system is way more complex then reyes. So I don't believe there should be much of a problem. In martz's o the routes are predetermined by the d front and what the d is showing. In this system the offense is more basic in that aspect. So bruce will have no problems I don't believe. I think he will do much better then last yr to be honest. We will be more balanced in the fact gore will be running more. And we won't be so one dimensional. Lol who knows I could be wrong lol

So what your saying is. Rather then the wr's route changing, S. Hill/ A. Smith just changes the play which leads to another 9ers victory and one win closer to the playoffs.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jul 19, 2009 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by gravelburn:

I agree completely, but it's a give and take thing. You want to develop your youth because Bruce is not the future, but at the same time you want to help your QB by putting your best talent on the field. I just don't want to see Bruce have an impressive year at the expense of the development of our young WRs. It's a fine line.

Agree. I mean he's not going to break the bank, but he's still got the hands and showed last season he can get the first down's and then step out.
So Bruce is not the open talkative 'big brother' type WR that we all thought he would be but regardless, he still flourished under Martz and made a valuable on field contribution last year.

The question is, in Raye's offense, will he be able to reproduce similar results? He's not really known for his blocking skills nor does he have that burner speed. But what he does have is knowledge and experience. Will it be enough to keep away someone else from taking the starting role over him?

-9fA

Can I ask who thought Bruce was going to be an "open talkative big brother type wr"?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by frankie:

-9fA

Issac bruce is a sure handed and well round vet. I don't believe he will have any troubles in this system. Martz's system is way more complex then reyes. So I don't believe there should be much of a problem. In martz's o the routes are predetermined by the d front and what the d is showing. In this system the offense is more basic in that aspect. So bruce will have no problems I don't believe. I think he will do much better then last yr to be honest. We will be more balanced in the fact gore will be running more. And we won't be so one dimensional. Lol who knows I could be wrong lol

So what your saying is. Rather then the wr's route changing, S. Hill/ A. Smith just changes the play which leads to another 9ers victory and one win closer to the playoffs.

Well if they are given the slack or faith in to be allowed to do audibles yes
Playoffs
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

-9fA

Can I ask who thought Bruce was going to be an "open talkative big brother type wr"?

For one, I did. I was unfamiliar with his personality with St. Louis so it was just an assumption that I was making. I would go so far to say that most 49er fans were also expecting the same.

-9fA
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think the future HoFer will have no problems knowing what to do, and getting his numbers.

Agreed. how quickly people forget that he was our most reliable and consistent reciever last year. And theres nothing solid to show that would change this year.
As long as he get's open on 3rd downs, I don't care how they use him
Im sorry but one year of sitting behind one of the best players to ever play the wr position isnt going to stunt crab's development or jones or morgan. if anything he makes their job easier by taking away potential double teams. this notion that bruce will hurt their development is ridiculous. morgan learned plenty from bruce last year. if these other guys cant learn anything from bruce then they dont deserve to play anyway.

Im sorry but one year of sitting behind one of the best players to ever play the wr position isnt going to stunt crab's development or jones or morgan. if anything he makes their job easier by taking away potential double teams. this notion that bruce will hurt their development is ridiculous. morgan learned plenty from bruce last year. if these other guys cant learn anything from bruce then they dont deserve to play anyway.

Agreed!

While there's no substitution for actually playing, sometimes sitting back and watching can be just as beneficial. Steve Young sat behind Joe for years and he went on to have pretty good career. And had Alex Smith had the opportunity to sit behind someone and learn for a year or two before being thrown in the fire his career might have taken a different path.
Share 49ersWebzone