There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many Yards for gore this season

How many Yards for gore this season

Originally posted by JD81:
I think he'll get around 1300 rushing with 7 rushing TDs, and 400-500 receiving yards with another 2 TDs.

With Coffee back there the load won't be just on Gore's shoulders, and considering all the weapons we have offensively now, I just don't see Gore having that huge 2006-type season.

good point i agree.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
1000 by the skin of his @ss. Wont have more than 4yd a carry. He plays like a girl when they fall behind. All that money he got so he doesnt want to play hard. Kevan Barlow pt2.



Exactly, and considering he was a non-factor in most games along with being good for at least one fumble/turnover or other costly mistake per game, the question SHOULD be how many TDs will he get since that's faaar more important than yds.
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
1000 by the skin of his @ss. Wont have more than 4yd a carry. He plays like a girl when they fall behind. All that money he got so he doesnt want to play hard. Kevan Barlow pt2.
Exactly, and considering he was a non-factor in most games along with being good for at least one fumble/turnover or other costly mistake per game, the question SHOULD be how many TDs will he get since that's faaar more important than yds.


you guys are going to rip our best offensive player after hd played with a badly sprained ankle and a concussion the 2nd half the season. you want to call tgat barlow pt2? did you even watch the games he missed? our offense stalled out badly. and if we had given him the ball at the end of the eagles game and those other close games we lost wed have 2 more wins easy. and if your punkass guy martz hadnt cut big mo for wackass keasey he wouldve had more tds too but as usual you manage to absolve him of any blame.
yards of coke?



Ah, don't mind me, I can't sleep.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
2006 1695yds
2007 1102yds
2008 1036yds
What makes you guys think this downward trend will stop? I cant think of one RB that has his numbers drop and then out of the blue had his numbers pick up. Face it Nolan ran the wheels off this guy. I love Gore as much as the next die hard 9er fan, He has been one of the few guys who have made a few season even watchable, but it just doesnt happen.

Any RB playing under Hostler is going to drop off. And did you already forget Mike Martz' approach last season? Get a clue. Gore didn't have a chance to duplicate his 06 numbers these last two seasons. Now that we're going back to a system similar to Norv Turner's, Gore's numbers will rise.

I read 30 posts on this topic/thread .......... arguments, both for & against the prospect of Frank Gore's chances of finding his 2006 numbers. I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned the name of an extremely talented lead blocker that shared the backfield with Gore that record setting season.

He has not been with the team since that year, and was, (I believe, more than partially due to Frank "The Tank's" overtly vocal praise and ongoing personal relationship) re-signed to be Gore's partner in the backfield this upcoming season.

Moran Norris is back again!! His value should not be overlooked!

Barring injury, the way that this 49'er team is set up, (coaches/players/strengths/strategies) the chances/probabilities of Frank Gore having a very good/great/exceptional year are more than good!

If you are a Fantasy football geek/player ............ Frank is a VERY good guy to bet on!
Well... he has had at least 1000 yards rushing in the last 3 years... so I think he keeps that streak alive.
1349
Come on you guys. Frank Gore got 1100 working with injuries in fricking Mike Martz' system! He got that in a system designed for gunslinging and a system that most of the defenses in the NFL have totally figured out how to disrupt and stop. This is part of the reason why no team snapped him up - they've figured him out.

Now, Gore has a run-friendly system, his favorite blocking back, a more cohesive and bigger line and someone to spell him when he gets tired. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect him to do 50% better IF he stays healthy. 50% better gets him into the mid-teens.
I hope he gets at leasy 1000, but if coffee really shines, he might only get 800 to 900.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
2006 1695yds
2007 1102yds
2008 1036yds
What makes you guys think this downward trend will stop? I cant think of one RB that has his numbers drop and then out of the blue had his numbers pick up. Face it Nolan ran the wheels off this guy. I love Gore as much as the next die hard 9er fan, He has been one of the few guys who have made a few season even watchable, but it just doesnt happen.

2006 312 ATT (19.5 Att per game) 5.4 AVG
2007 260 ATT (17.3 Att per game) 4.2 AVG
2008 240 ATT (17.1 Att per game) 4.3 AVG

Had Gore been given the same amount of carries over the last 2 years as he had in 2006 he would have gained 1310 yds in 2007 and 1341 yds in 2008. If you want to use stats as a basis for your argument, it’s not fair or accurate to only use “total yards” as the sole indicator of his production. Frank has less than 1000 total carries in the his four years (939)and he's only 26 years old. He is far from having his wheels run off. With improved line play and an increased emphasis on the run game, it's all but certain that his numbers will increase over the last two seasons.
1833!!!

With a lot of this:

I expect improvement from the interior of that line with Heitmann, Baas and Mr. Pancake City, Rachal. In between the tackles will be where most of his yards will be gained.

PANCAKE CITY!!!

I don't care who does it as long as it gets done!

One Million Yards!



muah ha ha haaa
1300-1400 yards for Gore and I think Coffee will get about 400-500 yards. With threats at the WR position means alot more running space for Gore and Co.
1,375
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
1300-1400 yards for Gore and I think Coffee will get about 400-500 yards. With threats at the WR position means alot more running space for Gore and Co.

wow good point, our depth at wide receiver will open stuff up for gore and coffee