LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Best rookie this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Coffee will make the biggest impact this year just b/c he's the most likely to play imo, so I guess that makes him the best rookie this year.

But longterm, I hope Crabtree lives up to expectations and McKillop justifies some of the things I've been reading about him.
Lets hope it is Michael Crabtree. Heck I would support him returning kicks and punts, just like reggie bush and deshaun jackson. If they are paying him top 10 money, lets get some touch's his way.

Crabtree was one of the FEW impact players in the 2009 draft, so if he is not the biggest contributor (and I know he has an injury, but he is recovering), then he failed as a rookie.

One would always hope a top 10 no qb pick will out perfomr a 3rd rounder, 5th and seventh rounders.
crabtree
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Pascoe is going to be the standout because Vernon has set the bar so low.

youre retarded. just wait and see what vd does this year. best blocking te in the league, so if he gets only 500 yards, he should be classified as one of the best over all tes in the league. a te blocks and catches. look at the total package, buddy.
2009 season get here please
Originally posted by 9erred:
Lets hope it is Michael Crabtree. Heck I would support him returning kicks and punts, just like reggie bush and deshaun jackson. If they are paying him top 10 money, lets get some touch's his way.

Crabtree was one of the FEW impact players in the 2009 draft, so if he is not the biggest contributor (and I know he has an injury, but he is recovering), then he failed as a rookie.

One would always hope a top 10 no qb pick will out perfomr a 3rd rounder, 5th and seventh rounders.

That's ridicules! I agree that you expect more out of a top ten pick then you do a pick from later rounds. You can't call the guy a failure if another player that was drafted into a better situation to succeed right away out performs him during their rookie season. It would different if you talking about guys playing the same position fighting for the same job. Then darn strait that 1st rounder better out perform that 3rd round guy. We’re talk about a guy who might start out as the 3rd receiver on the team compared to a guy that’s already penciled in as the primary backup RB and probably see 10 – 15 carries a game. Looking at all the factors involved it’s almost silly to expect Crabtree to have a more productive rookie season then Coffee. Now if we were talking about who’ll have the better career that would be a different story.
Originally posted by 9erred:

That might be some unrealistic expectations form you bro,rookie wr's historically do not set the world on fire.Coffee is the guy that will make the biggest impact as RB is the easiest transition from college to thr pros.As for Crabtree being a failure if he doesn't do great this year,you been in ninertalk too long.
Scott McKillop
Originally posted by Overkill:
I think Coffee will make the biggest impact this year just b/c he's the most likely to play imo, so I guess that makes him the best rookie this year.

But longterm, I hope Crabtree lives up to expectations and McKillop justifies some of the things I've been reading about him.

I could not agree more
Kurt Warner

Glen Coffee just because he'll get some touches to rest Gore. Cabs has been hurt and there a crap load of WRs to contend with.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Pascoe is going to be the standout because Vernon has set the bar so low.

youre retarded. just wait and see what vd does this year. best blocking te in the league, so if he gets only 500 yards, he should be classified as one of the best over all tes in the league. a te blocks and catches. look at the total package, buddy.

Which he has done, in just his second year he had 52 catches and over 500 yards. There should be NO DOUBT that Vernon is a player and could be big time if he is used as a target.
The problem is most of the rookies may not get many chances. I could imagine a lot of 2-TE power formations near the goal line with Davis and Pascoe, with Pascoe actually being the one who breaks off the block and slips loose for the TD. I could imagine that happening a few times before teams stop concentrating on Davis.
The one player we know who will get touches as a rookie is Coffee and Crabtree at the top. I believe it will be one of these two. If Crabtree gets going by the fourth game of the season, then I would put my money on him. Heck, he may even surprise us at the beginning of the season.

It will be between one of those.
i say its gonna be coffee because he'll get plenty of carries while giving gore a break. crabtree on the other hand is in a stacked wide receiver group. probably the best thing for him. he can learn from the other guys since hes already behind in development because of his injury set back and he can come in when he fully understands the offense
Share 49ersWebzone