There are 200 users in the forums

Best rookie this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who do you guys think will be our best rookie this year
1. glen coffee?
2. Bear pasco?
3. micheal crabtree?
4. any others you would like to talk about?
relax on the sticky icky bro lol
Pascoe is going to be the standout because Vernon has set the bar so low.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

i've been reading stories saying Scott McKillop is a beast -- I'd be happy to see him come along and dominate behind Takeo Spikes, maybe even take his role?

but overall I hope Glen Coffee shines the brightest -- Crabtree will be great too but we have other good receivers so they'll share the load. If Coffee can deliver we can give Frank Gore the rest he needs, which will equal him being healthy, strong, and ready from the 1st qtr to the 4th from game 1 to game 16 (and beyond i hope)
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Agreed, and just the type of offense SF is going to run tells you he's set up for success.
i hope it ricky jean francois
Crabtree.
we need them all to shine and, beyond that, I hope our other home grown players step up, e.g. parys, goldson, lawson, etc.

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i hope it ricky jean francois

I'm with you here, this is a position we need someone to shine in.

But I think in the end it will probably be Pascoe based on how we'll likely use him. Maybe McKillop, as the LB position seems to be an easier transition for rookies and lends to bigger rookie years - it's just a question of how much time he'll get on the field behind Spikes. Coffee would be a pleasant surprise, and Crabtree probably won't light it up this year being a rookie coming off an injury.
I'm guessing it'll be Coffee. RBs tend to make the easiest transition from college to the pros .He's already slated to be Gore's primary backup, so he'll get plenty chances. Frank also has a history of getting dinged up, meaning that Coffee might get a shot at carrying the load for a couple games.

As good as Crabtree appears to be, he’s already behind the rest of the team after not being able to participate in the OTAs. He also has the task master Sully as his position coach and we already know how hard he can be on young WRs. It might be a while before Sully has properly broken him down and fine tuned his game. Add that to our questionable QB situation and the fact that it usually takes rookie WRs a while to adjust to the pros and it might not be until next year that we really see Crabtree start to take off. I expect Crabtree to have the same sort of year (stats wise) that Morgan had last year, maybe a little better. He’ll have a few games were his talent is really evident, but he’ll disappear for stretches. He’ll probably show enough for everyone to be looking forward to him having breakout season next year.

Still don’t get the Pascoe love fest that’s going on around here. The guy has a couple nice blurbs written about him during OTAs and people already have him leapfrogging VD. Go Figure.
Ashley Lelie or Ahmad Brooks.
Can I make a recommendation to the poster, and others who want to start a thread? Before posting, double-check the spelling of 49ers players. The poster currently has back to back threads with incorrect spelling of three players.

To the poster, please go back and edit your threads.

Barry Sims
Michael Crabtree
Bear Pascoe

Cheers.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:23 AM ]
glen coffee no doubt
Share 49ersWebzone