There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Barry Simms?

Originally posted by reasonable1:
Just thought I'd dig up this thread. After the beating Barry Sims took this offseason from fans and media alike, its amazing how well this guy has stepped in to play for a cornerstone at LT.

He has literally given Smith all day to throw from his blindside and he has been very good in the run game.

Here's to you Barry

Sims has played so well at LT that I think the club should seriously consider leaving him there and trying Staley out on the right side, and kick Snyder back into a reserve role.

Who'd a guessed it. I thought our season was over when I saw Staley go down. Sims has really played well.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Just thought I'd dig up this thread. After the beating Barry Sims took this offseason from fans and media alike, its amazing how well this guy has stepped in to play for a cornerstone at LT.

He has literally given Smith all day to throw from his blindside and he has been very good in the run game.

Here's to you Barry

Seasons change, people change:

Here's to you Barry

Good dig. The guy deserves some props. I recall all the wailing about how Hill/Smith was going to get killed but Sims has done a nice job.

An interesting related note; Staley practiced all week and went through pre-game warmup last night but did not play, thereby giving him an extra week to make sure his knee is sound for Philly next week. If Sims had not been playing as well as he has, Staley might have been rushed back in on a knee that could have been at risk.

Yup, here's to ya, guy.

Here's to you Barry

Love and hate relationship between Barry and the Webzone. He's changed--our feelings for him changed, etc...

Here's to you Barry

Love and hate relationship between Barry and the Webzone. He's changed--our feelings for him changed, etc...

Gotcha...

But woulda been better just to say that...
Sims has one "m".

Sims plays better at LT than RT, which is odd to me. Go figure. Playing nicely since Staley went down.
he has done a great job thread fail
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sims has one "m".

Sims plays better at LT than RT, which is odd to me. Go figure. Playing nicely since Staley went down.

Agree, he deserves some props for the job he has done.