LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Is Clements playing like our #1 CB? (earning his $47 Mill Guarenteed)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He should have been cut right on the field after that play.
If he didnt fumble and we won....everybody would be talking about how Nate played in that game. He played very well until the end. We shut them down for the most part...NO BIG PLAYS. So he's fine....its just the dumb plays that have killed us this year....I MEAN DUMB!!!
I read somewhere that Roddy White said something along the lines of, "I'll keep getting them too because they never learn"

If I am a Niner player, that p***es me off, and I'd be real motivated to take someone's head off the next game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I read somewhere that Roddy White said something along the lines of, "I'll keep getting them too because they never learn"

If I am a Niner player, that p***es me off, and I'd be real motivated to take someone's head off the next game.

Well, he's right. Our players are dumb as f**k and never learn, so yeah, they'll be pissed off alright, but then they're just going to make the same mistake again.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Method:
It's funny how you look over a whole game, tons of mistakes by a lot of different players, but it always comes down to the final 1 or 2 minutes and execution in that time frame.

Clements cost us the game. Any other player goes out of bounds or tries running straight into the endzone... Clements tries to wait for a blocker while holding the ball out like a frisbee.

Wasn't he the same guy that got a pick slapped out of his hands last year when doing a premature celebration when he thought he had a pick six? Wasn't that also against the Falcons?

Dre Bly and yes vs Falcons and Roddy White.

Bly picked it (I think we where down big time).... started doing a high step hand behind his head neon deion at OUR OWN 40 because he was taunting Ryan and White comes sprinting after him (Bly wasn't even moving because of the celebration) and pokes it out. Ryan would have caught him the way he was acting.

Roddy White is an official Niner killer. I don't like him.

RODDY WHITE IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PLAYER I WANT ON MY TEAM. THE GUY WON THE GAME WITH GREAT CATCHES AND HUSTLE THE SAME WAY HE DID A YEAR AGO.
THAT'S A PLAYER THAT I RESPECT
fumble aside, Clements has been playing pretty good this season.

He's been caught freelancing way too often the past couple of seasons and he even got benched last season before his injury. I was expecting more of the same from him this season, but he's played fairly well.

Going into week 5, Nate ranks tied for 1st on the team in passes defended (spencer & goldson), 3rd in tackles, 1st in tackles for a loss of yds, and tied for 1st in picks (spencer).

As long as Nate doesn't get over confident as the season goes on, this could easily be his best season as a Niner
Share 49ersWebzone