Singletary to pick QB by third preseason game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • volniner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by volniner:
Uh. Probably not going to say.

Uh, probably because there is no one.

Ok man. But just so you know I'm not one of those die hard message board fans or just looking for someone to kiss my ass because I know someone. I have been a niner fan my entire life and got lucky and one of my best friends became a niner and that's great for me. I also just want to bring some accurate info to this board for people to discuss. Take my info however you want but if you can only criticize my posts then don't read the damn things.

Ok man. But just so you know I'm not one of those die hard message board fans or just looking for someone to kiss my ass because I know someone. I have been a niner fan my entire life and got lucky and one of my best friends became a niner and that's great for me. I also just want to bring some accurate info to this board for people to discuss. Take my info however you want but if you can only criticize my posts then don't read the damn things.

Well, if you're gonna post stuff like that, saying that someone TOLD YOU that Alex is gonna be given the starting job, you're just asking for someone to call bulls**t. I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time.
  • volniner
  • Info N/A
Ok. You are right. I'm just full of s**t. Feel better about yourself now.
Can't wait for preseason to start so we can find out!

Well, if you're gonna post stuff like that, saying that someone TOLD YOU that Alex is gonna be given the starting job, you're just asking for someone to call bulls**t. I just happened to be in the right place, at the right time.

even if there is or isn't...

If Alex starts and we lose...

It will be OK because we can throw Hill in there and go 15-1
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Good news for Alex Smith. the more time he has to impress the better. He must really have to burn those second stringers when he gets in there.

Fixed and agreed.

-9fA

vol you think you know? or you don't think Singletary will say much until the announcement?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Shaun Hill will win it.
  • volniner
  • Info N/A

vol you think you know? or you don't think Singletary will say much until the announcement?

I think it will be " played out " as a neck and neck battle and smith will be named starter.

I think it will be " played out " as a neck and neck battle and smith will be named starter.

yeah I keep going back and forth. I guess from a diehard fan I just want the guy who gives us the best chance to win. I just really like Hill's leadership, but I have always liked Smith just wanted him to take the next step in being a winner. I'll be at the open training camp on 8/1, are you going?

Really? I'm personally 75% certain that Hill will be named the starter.

-9fA
  • volniner
  • Info N/A
Yes. Will be out there for two weeks.
Yes. Will be out there for two weeks.

nice will you be able to be a "guest" through the whole T.C?
  • volniner
  • Info N/A
Yep u got it. I can roam pretty freely during practice and then allowed to be around for some other things like meetings etc. But some stuff def off limits.

PA9er is absolutely correct! If you are going to make a statement that you KNOW that Alex is going to be named the starter, then you should identify the source of your information, because by your statement you are saying that Mike Singletary is lying to everyone when he says no decision has yet been made.

Sing's entire character is based on telling it like it is, that is, telling the truth. If Sing had decided on Alex then he would say so. He is not another Mike Nolan, who lied through his teeth.

I trust Sing's character more than your unsubstantiated statement.

Question: since you seem to think you have insider's knowledge about this, would you be willing to bet against those of us who believe Hill will be named the starter?

I am a journalist. I look for independent corroboration of otherwise unsubstantiated claims. Your claim has not been echoed by anyone, anywhere. No leaks, no intimations, no suggestions from anyone that Alex has been anointed as the starter.

If Sing is who he appears to be (and I for one believe he is), then no decision has yet been made as to who will start, but Hill has the edge.

Like I said before, I am going to trust Sing over you.
Share 49ersWebzone