LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

Singletary to pick QB by third preseason game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The quarterback battle between Shaun Hill and Alex Smith is shaping up to be closer than most imagined.

49ers coach Mike Singletary acknowledged how tight the situation is Tuesday, saying he would "hopefully" make a decision by the third preseason game.

PFT Link
whoa
I wish we could get this done earlier. It really puts us behind when trying to build chemistry. We could be off to a slow start on offense.
And Shaun will be ready!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here is an article from the Chron

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/14/SPJ218OF8S.DTL&feed=rss.49ers
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I dunno bout this....the sooner they pick the better.
Can't win either way really. Might as well take your time with the move, and be sure in your selection. Folks getting too worried bout the starter being named too late in the pre season. Of course he's gonna get less reps with that 1st team but that's how it is in a qb battle. I'm just not gonna look back if whoever is named starter isn't successful and say it's b/c the guy didn't get all the 1st team snaps in TC.
Maybe we will get lucky and the starter will show himself ready before then.
Before or after the third game?
If Shaun Hill is named the starter, he already has chemistry with every reciever we have except Crabtree.

If Alex is named the starter, than I might be somewhat worried.

But either way were still MAKING THE PLAYOFFS!!!

• volniner
  • Info N/A
I normally wouldn't even post this but I'm really tired of the alex vs hill threads. From what I have been told its pretty much a given that alex is the starter and barring some kind of injury he will be the starter week 1 regardless of preseason showings.
Originally posted by volniner:
I normally wouldn't even post this but I'm really tired of the alex vs hill threads. From what I have been told its pretty much a given that alex is the starter and barring some kind of injury he will be the starter week 1 regardless of preseason showings.

And whom exactly told you this?
  • volniner
  • Info N/A
Uh. Probably not going to say.
Originally posted by volniner:
Uh. Probably not going to say.

Uh, probably because there is no one.
Not good news for Alex Smith. the more time he has to impress the better. He must really have to burn those second stringers when he gets in there.
Share 49ersWebzone