There are 185 users in the forums

2009 49ers acccording to Football Outsiders...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
stats only matter in baseball.

The 49ers are going to be the most gutsy team in the league this season, and people better be ready to play us.

AS FAR AS THAT LIONS CRAP THAT IS BULLs**t, WE DESTROY THOSE CLOWNS EVERYTIME WE PLAY THEM.

That article really pist me off, like i said stats only matter in baseball. Guts win in the NFL

GO NINERS!
I'm tired of critics saying the NFC West is weak. Someone from our division always makes the playoffs every year.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm tired of critics saying the NFC West is weak. Someone from our division always makes the playoffs every year.

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
These bean counters fail to take into account the influence of the Head Coach.

Mike Singletary is a motivator, perhaps the best in the NFL. He will get the most out of his players.

Every player in the NFL, even those playing for Detroit, is a professional football player. That means these players have the potential to be very good. It is the job of the HC to tap that potential. Sing will definitely be successful at tapping player potential.

The 49ers are going to surprise so many so-called professionals this year.

Sing said he is certain they are a playoff team. He did not have to say that. He could have done a Nolan and spoken many words without saying anything. But he didn't. He said he is sure they are a playoff team.

So who are you going to believe? Who has more credibility with you? Some statistic counters who are wrong as much as they are right, or the Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers?

I choose Sing over Football Outsiders any day. I would gladly bet FO that the team will have a winning record this year. But they would likely not take that bet.

What does that say about them?

Motivation will only get you so far. We need both talented coaches and players to actually succeed. We're lacking talent in both areas. Listen, Sing seems to a great guy, heck, that's why I'm Singfan! However, let's not fool ourselves into thinking Sing's motivation is the answer. What we needed was Shanahan's coaching. Sing could have stayed on staff and been an apprentice.
2009 will not be our year for glory, while we may have a chance at the playoffs(a very small one), 2012 will be our year(imagine a groomed, young receiving corp, a veteran Gore, a seasoned Coffee, a 2nd yr starter in Nate Davis, a notorious Patrick Willis, a revamped O-line, throw in a hard hitting D-Backfield, how could we not win a Super Bowl?) unfortunately, the Mayan calendar ends in Dec. of 2012 which many predict to be the end of civilization as we know it which will ultimately prevent us from capturing our 6th title.
Originally posted by prime21:
2009 will not be our year for glory, while we may have a chance at the playoffs(a very small one), 2012 will be our year(imagine a groomed, young receiving corp, a veteran Gore, a seasoned Coffee, a 2nd yr starter in Nate Davis, a notorious Patrick Willis, a revamped O-line, throw in a hard hitting D-Backfield, how could we not win a Super Bowl?) unfortunately, the Mayan calendar ends in Dec. of 2012 which many predict to be the end of civilization as we know it which will ultimately prevent us from capturing our 6th title.

screw the mayan calendar. the niners will be good this year and even better the year after. i dont think we have to wait for nate davis. we have a solid team now and it will only get better. this year playoffs, i dunno about superbowl but we'll see, look how arizona turned out. nobody seriously believed they were a superbowl team. if not this year, next year the niners parade through san francisco with another trophy
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Screw all that crap, lets play some football and SEE what happens, stats and all that "On Paper" crap pisses me off! 29 days til Denver baby then all this crap starts to get real!

No one gave the 81 Niners any chance either![angry]

Im wit ya brotha, lets play some football, but you know your wrong with this one. OUr current niner squad shouldnt even be in the same sentence as any of our teams in the 80´s and 90´s. We are, um, what do spaceballs say, "light years away" from this team even being able to wipe a cleat of a former player of that time. And it does piss me off too, but i mean you have to be real and say some of our fans are smoking some good stuff to not see the reality of what we do have. SB team, not even close, playoff maybe, but thats about it.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Screw all that crap, lets play some football and SEE what happens, stats and all that "On Paper" crap pisses me off! 29 days til Denver baby then all this crap starts to get real!

Im wit ya brotha, lets play some football, but you know your wrong with this one. OUr current niner squad shouldnt even be in the same sentence as any of our teams in the 80´s and 90´s. We are, um, what do spaceballs say, "light years away" from this team even being able to wipe a cleat of a former player of that time. And it does piss me off too, but i mean you have to be real and say some of our fans are smoking some good stuff to not see the reality of what we do have. SB team, not even close, playoff maybe, but thats about it.

it could happen

Sure I get that we are nowhere near the team that laced up back in 1980, but the point I was after was simply this:

That team was given zero chance to succeed, and look what they did!

That point drives home the fact that you have to play the games, sure these guys may not win a super bowl, but they have a good chance to win this crappy division!

Sure I get that we are nowhere near the team that laced up back in 1980, but the point I was after was simply this:

That team was given zero chance to succeed, and look what they did!

That point drives home the fact that you have to play the games, sure these guys may not win a super bowl, but they have a good chance to win this crappy division!

For Bill Walsh !!!

The most telling part of the article is how the niners are barely winning games against weak opponents. The 49ers will have turned the corner when they dominate every aspect of the game against weaker opponents and win convincingly scoring mucho points and winning by more then 14 points. The team is what it is, a weak team, until proven otherwise.
Followers of Singfan will remember that he laid out the striking comparisons between the 2008 Lions and the 2009 49ers about 2 months ago. These comparisons ranged from the type of head coach we selected, to the dismissal of Martz, to the addition of Moran Norris to the previous years record. It was, of course, a highly detailed analysis that was met with much skepticism and anger. It looks as if Singfan hit the nail on the head. Always ahead of the curve, I say.
Predictions are always based on the past. Nolan failed at optimally utilizing the talents of the team and getting everyone to play to their potential, precisely what Singletary is focused on changing. If he is successful at doing these two things, then the team will be competitive every week and next year's predictions will be inverted. Based on our past several seasons, the team does look like crap. Let's hope Singletary can deliver what he's preaching and change our bad rap.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by singfan:
Followers of Singfan will remember that he laid out the striking comparisons between the 2008 Lions and the 2009 49ers about 2 months ago. These comparisons ranged from the type of head coach we selected, to the dismissal of Martz, to the addition of Moran Norris to the previous years record. It was, of course, a highly detailed analysis that was met with much skepticism and anger. It looks as if Singfan hit the nail on the head. Always ahead of the curve, I say.
The curve that runs right up into the shortbus you take to and from McDonalds everyday?

Can you send or repost your analysis here? I'd be very interested to see how your comparison and Football Outsiders are similar. I have a feeling there will be very little in common. Football Outsiders are professionals and use stats. You, no offense, tend to refer to stats you never provide, make vague and general statements, and call other users ignorant.
[ Edited by KasparHauser on Jul 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM ]
wow
Share 49ersWebzone