There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If all of our rookies make our 53 man roster

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is not going to happen, unless we suddenly have a serious rash of injuries.

Taylor and Jean-Francois are longshots to make the roster. Sheets and Boone are probably both headed to the practice squad. Nate Davis will more than likely join these four players.

Bear doesn't really have competition for the 3rd TE position (JJ Finley is not going to beat him out), and McKillop is going to be the first in for Spikes. So, these guys seem to have a spot already on the 53-man. The same goes for Coffee and Crabs.

P.S. Can you imagine if Barry Sims makes this roster? Half the board would be standing on top of the Bay Bridge, ready to jump. Suddenly, I'm beginning to like the guy more and more.

Lol. I can see the title of your next thread now: "Barry Sims is a good football player."
They all won't, let's be real.
If they all made the 53 man roster I would feel sad about our team
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Not going to happen or at least, extremely unlikely. Sheets over Robinson for example is kind of shaky.

Sorry, my mistake in typing. Robinson also makes my prediction of the 53-man team (Gore, Coffee, Sheets, Norris and Robinson).
Originally posted by Youngone:
If they all made the 53 man roster I would feel sad about our team

why?
Shouldn't the question/statement be:
"If all of the Raiders rookies are cut before training camp begins...."
  • Alchemy
  • Info N/A
I hope that Boone makes the team. From what I saw last season and a questionable Marvel Smith starting, we need all the O-linemen we can get.

Other than that, Coffee, Crab and Pascoe will make the team. Taylor, if he makes it will work on special teams and be an emergency DB. Nate will go to the PS. Sheets is a longshot along with Ricky, though I hope they find room on the 53 man roster for at least one of them.
Originally posted by Alchemy:
I hope that Boone makes the team. From what I saw last season and a questionable Marvel Smith starting, we need all the O-linemen we can get.

Other than that, Coffee, Crab and Pascoe will make the team. Taylor, if he makes it will work on special teams and be an emergency DB. Nate will go to the PS. Sheets is a longshot along with Ricky, though I hope they find room on the 53 man roster for at least one of them.

Jean Francois and McDonald will battle for that last D-Line spot
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,926
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
FTW Mckillop , Jean Francois , alex boon , glen coffey , crabtree will be awesome next year for us

I like your optimism, but lets get a little reality check.

1. McKillop, will be a back up and special teams player, barring injury to starters.

Jean francois- might not make team, will be PS eligible.

Alex Boone- even if he makes team, will not be active game days, due to Wragee, Snyder more versatile and more experience.

Glen Coffee- RB's can do well as rookies.

Crabtree- coming off injury, adjustment to NFL, uncertain qb situation.
[ Edited by KID9R on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM ]
  • NinersPC
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Youngone:
If they all made the 53 man roster I would feel sad about our team

I agree, that would mean that almost 20% of our current team is replaced by rookies...meaning that our talent level wasn't very strong before the rookie class.
lol

stop it....
Originally posted by NinersPC:
Originally posted by Youngone:
If they all made the 53 man roster I would feel sad about our team

I agree, that would mean that almost 20% of our current team is replaced by rookies...meaning that our talent level wasn't very strong before the rookie class.

or that will have a strong talented rookie class!
Originally posted by Alchemy:
I hope that Boone makes the team. From what I saw last season and a questionable Marvel Smith starting, we need all the O-linemen we can get.

Other than that, Coffee, Crab and Pascoe will make the team. Taylor, if he makes it will work on special teams and be an emergency DB. Nate will go to the PS. Sheets is a longshot along with Ricky, though I hope they find room on the 53 man roster for at least one of them.

Wrong.... no one needs Barry Simms.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is not going to happen, unless we suddenly have a serious rash of injuries.

Taylor and Jean-Francois are longshots to make the roster. Sheets and Boone are probably both headed to the practice squad. Nate Davis will more than likely join these four players.

Bear doesn't really have competition for the 3rd TE position (JJ Finley is not going to beat him out), and McKillop is going to be the first in for Spikes. So, these guys seem to have a spot already on the 53-man. The same goes for Coffee and Crabs.

P.S. Can you imagine if Barry Sims makes this roster? Half the board would be standing on top of the Bay Bridge, ready to jump. Suddenly, I'm beginning to like the guy more and more.

Not sure if I should take this post seriously or not. Sheets, Davis and Boone would not even make it to our practice squad. McCloughan and Sing know this.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Not going to happen or at least, extremely unlikely. Sheets over Robinson for example is kind of shaky.

Sorry, my mistake in typing. Robinson also makes my prediction of the 53-man team (Gore, Coffee, Sheets, Norris and Robinson).

I would love to have this backfield each week. Gore would get 20 carries, Coffee would get 8-10 and sheets with 5-8. Ball control but with power and speed. When teams get tired of taking on Gore and Coffee they would then have to deal with the speed and quick moves of sheets.