There are 190 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks Gore will break 1700 yards? Ochocinco?

I see more of a 1200-1300 yards year...
I see him somewhere between 1500-1700, including receiving yards.
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I see more of a 1200-1300 yards year...

I agree. I imagine Coffee will be getting 5-10 carries/gm by mid-season. Frank is our meal ticket. I expect to see the team preserve him as much as possible. He'll be a workhorse early on, but by November, Coffee will be spelling him quite often.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
1700 in combined yards is a safe bet; about 1200 and 500.

cmon r u serious? he got almost 1100 while being banged up in a pass heavy O and one of the worst O`s ive ever seen in 07....

With a decent line 1400+ easily, with a good line 1700+ is a real possibility IMO....
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
1700 in combined yards is a safe bet; about 1200 and 500.

Agreed . . . but 1350-350
I think 15-- - but I am fine with 1700 he is my keeper back in Fantasy!!

Pretty much how he goes my season goes...
Gore is the man by far, but dont be surprised if Coffee has a big year also
Uhhhh ok 1st didnt they Draft Coffee to spell Gore more? And in relity Would fans here be happy to See Gore rush for 2000 yds or ok for this post 1700 yds or score 17 TDs for the season?

Dont know bout most of you but I'd be happy if he ran for 1000 yds and scored double digit TDs rather than run for 1700 yds and score 6TDs
Originally posted by 49erFanNIndy:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Um, I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from considering that the problematic OL that's partially responsible for Gore's downhill slide since 2006 has not improved much nevermind the fact that he gets taken down by the first tackler that hits him and is now good for at least one fumble or other major mistake per game.

Couple that with the fact tht he will now share the load instead of being the featured back and it doesn't bode well for a 1700+ yd season. Not saying Gore won't do well just not 1700 yds-well. I think the only remote chance of those kind of numbers is if MS follows through on his promise of a run-first game plan and gives Gore most of and a ton of carries per game.

If so, you can expect the niners to find themselves playing catch-up a lot since Gore does not score many TD's anymore and therefore they will have no answer for a quick-striking passing attack of opponents.
MS never said "run first", he said run when we want to. Gore gets taken down by the first tackler? Did you watch him play in any games? Our o-line will be better due to coaching changes and subtle personnel changes. With the addition of Norris, and what seems to be a great workout program this offseason, he could have a great year. Better than '06? Who knows. Go get'em, Gore.



You're completely wrong. Not only did MS announce it to the entire football world when he was first hired but in fact said he wants a "run-first mentality" and that's a direct quote. Member "Singfan" recently dug up the link to that statement so feel free to search for it or ask him. He wants a more "conventional" offense that's focused on the run.


Yes, I watched Gore in games as I don't normally make things up out of thin air. I routinely witnessed Gore getting stopped for short or no gains (esp at critical times), getting easily tackled, tripping over his own shoe laces and grass and now being good for at least one fumble or other costly mistake per game. Until or unless proven otherwise, Gore is no longer an elite back but is the best RB in the league to be a non-factor in most games.

I watched alot of games and saw the same thing. But you need to remember he had an ankle injury. He was also very loyal to Mike Nolan and I think that really effected his mind state. He is is still an elite running back and you will see that this year. I'm not sure about 1,700 yards, but at least 1,400-1,500. Gore is still a beast.


While I'm sure the ankle injury affected his play, he is absolutely no longer an elite back. No way, sorry. Let's be objective about this. No elite back gets stopped as much as he does, fails to score, or makes the kinds of consistent mistakes I now expect from him every game. Yeah, he's still good and he'll most likely still get his 1,000 yds (which is nothing by today's standard and largely meaningless if he's not getting big chunks of yardage and scoring regularly, btw) but no way does he measure up to the league's current elite backs in terms of impacting a game, getting it done in crunch time and playing mistake-free football.
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by 49erFanNIndy:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Um, I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from considering that the problematic OL that's partially responsible for Gore's downhill slide since 2006 has not improved much nevermind the fact that he gets taken down by the first tackler that hits him and is now good for at least one fumble or other major mistake per game.

Couple that with the fact tht he will now share the load instead of being the featured back and it doesn't bode well for a 1700+ yd season. Not saying Gore won't do well just not 1700 yds-well. I think the only remote chance of those kind of numbers is if MS follows through on his promise of a run-first game plan and gives Gore most of and a ton of carries per game.

If so, you can expect the niners to find themselves playing catch-up a lot since Gore does not score many TD's anymore and therefore they will have no answer for a quick-striking passing attack of opponents.
MS never said "run first", he said run when we want to. Gore gets taken down by the first tackler? Did you watch him play in any games? Our o-line will be better due to coaching changes and subtle personnel changes. With the addition of Norris, and what seems to be a great workout program this offseason, he could have a great year. Better than '06? Who knows. Go get'em, Gore.



You're completely wrong. Not only did MS announce it to the entire football world when he was first hired but in fact said he wants a "run-first mentality" and that's a direct quote. Member "Singfan" recently dug up the link to that statement so feel free to search for it or ask him. He wants a more "conventional" offense that's focused on the run.


Yes, I watched Gore in games as I don't normally make things up out of thin air. I routinely witnessed Gore getting stopped for short or no gains (esp at critical times), getting easily tackled, tripping over his own shoe laces and grass and now being good for at least one fumble or other costly mistake per game. Until or unless proven otherwise, Gore is no longer an elite back but is the best RB in the league to be a non-factor in most games.

I watched alot of games and saw the same thing. But you need to remember he had an ankle injury. He was also very loyal to Mike Nolan and I think that really effected his mind state. He is is still an elite running back and you will see that this year. I'm not sure about 1,700 yards, but at least 1,400-1,500. Gore is still a beast.


While I'm sure the ankle injury affected his play, he is absolutely no longer an elite back. No way, sorry. Let's be objective about this. No elite back gets stopped as much as he does, fails to score, or makes the kinds of consistent mistakes I now expect from him every game. Yeah, he's still good and he'll most likely still get his 1,000 yds (which is nothing by today's standard and largely meaningless if he's not getting big chunks of yardage and scoring regularly, btw) but no way does he measure up to the league's current elite backs in terms of impacting a game, getting it done in crunch time and playing mistake-free football.

Unfortunately I have to agree that Gore is probably a second tier back who might be considered in that top tier if he could eliminate a lot of the errors we've become accustomed to. That being said, 1700 combined yards is an absolutely reasonable expectation due to the shift in focus in the offense and better coaching on the Oline and the RBs and more respect for our passing attack (both complete assumptions from a hopeful fan). If things go well, I could see him even hit close to 2000 combined yards. Statistics aren't only a reflection of talent alone but are greatly impacted by the support a player is surrounded with.
You'd have to be certifiably insane to predict Gore will pick up 1700 rushing yards.

Ocho Cinco (which is actually an error...it means 8-5, not eighty-five...it should ochenta cinco or ochenta y cinco) certainly qualifies as certifiably insane.

P.S. If 8-5 meant 1700 total rushing and receiving yards, I'd have no serious problem with the prediction. I still think the 1700 total yards is still too high, but is much more reasonable. Look for Gore to have 1450-1500 total yards in 2009, if healthy.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 11, 2009 at 10:17 AM ]
Gore got a combined 1409 yds with a bum ankle in 2008 so I can easily see him get at least 1700 yds combined. The OL should be better and Moran and Rathman will have an influence.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Apples:
Was probably talking about himself.

Well he did say "Niner fans get ready".

maybe he's trying to trade himself here lol

No thanks...we do not need that jackass.

yeah we do actually...would you rather have him or a ziegler?

yeah.....think id rather have Chad Johnson.

if he came on for free, sure why not?

But at his price? I think we could spend the money elsewhere.

-9fA

i dont think his price tag is as high as people think. he hasnt been worth much money lately, but hes still got something left.

i wouldnt actively persue him, but we could definitely use him here. hes just an idiot who gets overly excited about things. he isnt a criminal or someone who gets in fights all the time like the rest of that team.

exactly, i dont remember him having legal troubles, he just likes to celebrate. all i know is hes a hell of a receiver and it would be awesome to have him if he comes at a reasonable price