There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sportingnews predictions for new coaches.

11 new coaches

"San Francisco 49ers: Mike Singletary
A 5-2 finish to the 2008 season has created plenty of buzz for the 49ers, and in turn it has created higher expectations for a team that hasn't done much since the days of Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens.
Even with Shaun Hill and Alex Smith locked in a none-of-the-above battle, there's a vague sense that the Niners will be competitive, thanks to Singeltary's attitude and approach.
And so, to be regarded as a genuine success, Singletary will have to take the San Francisco back to the playoffs. In the NFC West, nine or 10 wins will get that done.
Based on the manner in which the team played down the stretch, don't bet against Singletary making it happen. Nine wins is doable; the only question will be whether nine will be enough to overcome the Cardinals, Seahawks, and/or Rams.
"

Thoughts?
meh, nothing really new

IMO, I think we'll finish just above .500 at 9-7
It could happen, and I hope like hell it does...it's just hard to get hopes up after the last few letdown seasons. I'm sure I'll be drunk on Koolaid by the time the season starts though.
Originally posted by billybonka:
meh, nothing really new

yup, same ole same ole eh... Off season news is some nerds predictions.
Originally posted by Chief:
meh, nothing really new

yeah something like that, after all it is the offseason and training camp hasn't begun yet

Don't tell me...show me.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Don't tell me...show me.

Yep 9-7 sounds about right to bad the team is ready to explode but we have a decent qb and a kid with all world talent that Nolan may have pissed away. Its a tough schedule if Hill can keep the turnovers to a minamin 9-7 is possible. If they had gotten there hands on Warner {short term} one of the clevland qbs or Cutler hecdfk mabey even Rosenpheld. 10 mabey 11 wins. The sad thing if Alex does find IT we realy dont have a qb that can win games instead of just managing them for the future.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
the thread is about sportingnew's prediction regarding singletary's success.

maybe we should talk about who we might recommend for depression counseling.
i say 11 or 10 wins
Originally posted by Chief:
meh, nothing really new

Exactly, and in the latest issue of Pro Football Weekly they predict a 6-10 finish for MS so who knows.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Yep 9-7 sounds about right to bad the team is ready to explode but we have a decent qb and a kid with all world talent that Nolan may have pissed away. Its a tough schedule if Hill can keep the turnovers to a minamin 9-7 is possible. If they had gotten there hands on Warner {short term} one of the clevland qbs or Cutler hecdfk mabey even Rosenpheld. 10 mabey 11 wins. The sad thing if Alex does find IT we realy dont have a qb that can win games instead of just managing them for the future.

this makes no sense at all........ maybe you meant if alex finds IT we have a qb for the future who can not only manage but can win games.....
[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 9, 2009 at 12:54 AM ]
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
i say 11 or 10 wins

I definately see 9-7 or 10-6, and us winning the division. I belive that we have the talent, and now have the right man for the job that will push these young men past thier limits in order to achieve greatness. I'm excited for the start of the season, and have begun to look at things in this manner:

1. We have a young group of players that have plenty of potential, and I think this may be the year that alot of them turn the corner, and excel.

2. We have plenty of cap space from here on out, and if we make a playoff run, top notch free agents will want to be here to play for a Singletary coached, winning squad.

3. Considering that we now have a coach that is a "Leader of men", and considering my first two points, we also have 2 first round picks in the 2010 draft, and that is HUGE!

I can just imagine us making a push into the playoffs, and coming into our own, and then being able to add 2 first rounders in the draft............ I think things are about to change, and this team is gonna get thier SWAGGER back, and I can't wait to witness it.
I agree with the article