LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Who will be our leading receiver in yards?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be our leading receiver in yards?

Who do I hope leads us in receiving yards?

Morgan or (doubtfully) Crabtree
Because that is the best sign for longterm success.

Who do I think will lead us in receiving yards?

Bruce
Sorry, but I think this board tends to overvalue unknown players by projecting too much hope on them. Crabtree is a rookie with several question marks and Morgan (for all his flashes) is still a bit of a question mark himself. Most WR's breakout in their 3rd year...
Originally posted by Overkill:

Bruce
Sorry, but I think this board tends to overvalue unknown players by projecting too much hope on them. Crabtree is a rookie with several question marks and Morgan (for all his flashes) is still a bit of a question mark himself. Most WR's breakout in their 3rd year...

agree, nice post
i'll go with Jones in first....with Morgan a close Second...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Bruce

I agree, and Bruce is still the best route runner amongst the receivers. Who knows, Jason Hill could also be the man. A few times last year, the announcers mistaken Jason Hill for Isaac Bruce. Sure their numbers might look alike but so did their style in play. But I also do like Jason Hill, he has improved over the years.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dude he's isaac friggin bruce, he wont have a hard time learning any offense.

imo itll be morgan or bruce.

he hasn't really had to learn any new offenses in over 10 years. I don't think it's a given that he will be the same old Bruce this year. When WR's get up there in age, they rely heavily on their knowledge of the system, because their physical abilities are starting to fall off. take away that intimate knowledge of the system, and it's anybody's guess as to how successful he will be.

Think about it this way.. Assuming Bruce and Morgan both line up at the same spot, which looks to be the case this year, who should start?

Morgan obviously has better physical skills at this point. He is younger, faster and stronger.

Morgan has a BIG head start in learning the system. He will have better knowledge of the offense when the season rolls around than Bruce will.

Bruce has veteran savvy, and overall game smarts, but I don't think this alone will overrule the other two factors.

I think Morgan gets the nod over Bruce this year. Bruce will contribute, without a doubt, but it will only be spot duty. Now, I could be wrong, but that's how I see things going down.
I've bought into the hype. I'll vote Morgan
bruce was the teams best rec last season and probably goes into this season the same way. i have one concern, last season he was able to run longer routes that helped him shake free...im not saying he cant learn a new O, or that he doesnt know how to run every route on the field. im just saying i dont know if he is going to have the same ability/time to shake free from coverage.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by kidash98:
P Willy...

BUT... BUT...... IT WORKED ON MADDEN!!!!

Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I think it'll be a toss up between Morgan and Bruce with Davis coming in 3rd.

Our top 3 WR's will definitely be Morgan, Hill and Crabtree for 2010 and beyond...barring injury that is.

I really dont think Brandon Jones will be on this team past this season whether it be trade or otherwise. I like him as a player but with the dearth of young talent at WR on this team...Jones I believe is an insurance policy for Jason Hill in case of injury albeit an expensive one...LOL

Not to be the grammar police, but the word "dearth" means "lack of", "inadequate supply" or " scarcity" and I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant to say.

As for Brandon Jones, I think a lot of people are writing him off prematurely. The guy is only 26 years old, has good size and speed. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him make a big contribution to this team. As a matter of fact he may make Hill expandable after this season, due in large part to Hill’s inability to stay healthy.

Our WR depth cart may very well look something like this next year.

1a. Crabtree
1b. Morgan
3. Jones
4. Hill
5. Zeigler
6. Spurlock

I really like what I’ve seen from Hill, but he just can’t stay healthy. I also have a hunch that Spulock, might be a player to watch.

Thanks for pointing that out...I actually meant DEPTH...

But for your last sentence...I sort of agree with Spurlock, if for no other reason than the fact that he is a pretty good return man. With Rossum getting up in age that may be his way onto the roster.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
crabtree will have atleast 1200

as a rookie....has that ever been done?

Bruce

this board does over value people, but not for morgan. you are not looking at the facts:

1. morgan RIPPED it up in the offseason last year and preseason. he was ready to go and got a staf infection. lost 20 lbs. missed a couple games.

2. then got full strength, had a couple good games...

3. and got injured... and he played injured at what he said was 75% strength.

4. if he was healthy, honest to god, i think he would have had around 600-700 yards.

5. this year, hes back to ripping it up. if healthy, i would not be suprised to see him get 800 yards. thats totally do-able.
who ever actually catches the ball will lead the team.
  • Illusion
  • Info N/A
Catches - Gore
Yards - Morgan
TD's - depending on who is QB; Hill or Morgan
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
the fact that almost everyone has a different take is a good sign. we have very good depth.

I think it'll be morgan, crabtree, davis, and gore.

we need 1 great receiver with whom the O can impose its will, and a mess of other go-to guys, so the other team will be overwhelmed and demoralized.

--just like the good old days!
Originally posted by backontop:
who ever actually catches the ball will lead the team.

Thank you, smart guy.
Share 49ersWebzone