LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

2002 WildCard 49ers vs Giants

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
I just finished watching this game that I had DVR'd from NFL Network "Game of the Week" and was reminded of all the good times when we were in the playoffs EVERY year. Of course with the East Coast media bias, they had to add in at the end how the Giants should have had one more play, but they merely glossed over the fact that Plummer had a pick 4 plays earlier on the Giants last drive.

Anyway, it got me thinking how Marriucci was fired 2 weeks later after the loss to the eventual Super Bowl champion Buccaneers and if I remember correctly this was also the offseason that York absolutely GUTTED our entire roster. Now I know there are people who say that Carmen Policy had done us in years before with the salary cap hell we were in, but still I dont think that the Yorks needed to gut EVERY LAST SHRED of talent from that team (with BY being the only exception). If you were to ask me what formula an NFL owner could use to guarantee their team wont be contenders for at least 10 years it would be to gut all the talent on a team and fire your reasonably successful head coach at the same time.

God my anger against John York is right back to where it was.

Anyway, anyone else have any memories or thoughts about this game or the subsequent aftermath?

lol they showed plummer getting burned all day by toomer!
Originally posted by DenverNiner:
I just finished watching this game that I had DVR'd from NFL Network "Game of the Week" and was reminded of all the good times when we were in the playoffs EVERY year.

We're finally getting things back to normal this year, don't worry your pretty little head about it, playoffs, division titles, and so on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xneDY8BJ_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9b7_ofVEqo&feature=related

1st link is scoring highlights from the game. The second link is the 49ers final game winning drive
We cheated and should never have won that game lol

We were damn lucky that day that the refs f**ked the call up at the end and the Giants didn't have a closer shot at the game winning FG.

But I think that game was one of the games that actually made me cry(tears of joy) when it was all said and done.
I remember my buddy that I brought to that game jokingly turned to me at halftime and said "Well, you ready to go?" I laughed and said "Hell no, we're coming back."

Just call me StOnE-StRaDoMuS
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I remember my buddy that I brought to that game jokingly turned to me at halftime and said "Well, you ready to go?" I laughed and said "Hell no, we're coming back."

I gave up,I wanted to leave, but my buddies wanted me to stay to watch my misery.

I'm glad I stayed
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by King49er:

I gave up,I wanted to leave, but my buddies wanted me to stay to watch my misery.

I'm glad I stayed

This is why I never stop watching a game until the final second ticks off. Even if we're down 38-6 in Tampa.

We should have also been up in this game, as we had intercepted Brad Johnson a couple of times before Garcia started returning the favor.
I actually have a formula that never fails. Mind you I never leave a Niner game or turn off a Niner game. But for Non Niner games here is when I turn the TV off if I so choose.

Leading team must be up by 9+, if the lead is 8 or less I wait till the last tick

When team is leading by 9+ Take the lead and round down to the nearest even number...divide by 2. If minutes left in the game is < Answer.....game is over. Otherwise keep watching until the condition is met.

Example.

Giants 38 49ers 14. Lead = 24 / 2 = 12. So had this score remained until 11:59 in the 4th.....inside I probably would have written the Niners off. But as we all know the Niners starting scoring in the end of the 3rd.

ANyway, it is just some random formula I thought of when I was a kid and it has worked out perfect for me since then.
[ Edited by danimal on Jul 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM ]
This is about to come on again on NFL Network.
dude, that catch that T.O. had that game where the two guys smacked into him, they fell down and he just kept running for like a 70-yard T.D? that was amazing...also the missed field goal.

I was watching that game in chicago, my flight back to school had been cancelled and I had to stay an extra day. I think God was doing that so I could watch the niners win...

i was in a sports bar, with my aunt and uncle, and this gorgeous girl named kimberly sitting next to me. I got her email address, but I think i wrote it down wrong...I never heard from her.....

haha

I'm glad I stayed

I gave up.Left my friends house to grab a bite to eat then came back. After turning on the TV late in the 4th, I was like . Then saw the bad snap made me go, the throw to the end zone, my reaction to the PI....then non-call.
One of the greatest wins in franchise history. Coming back late in the game, in the playoffs, so amazing, I will never forget this game as long as i live.
I got chills when they showed Walsh at the end.

We were damn lucky that day that the refs f**ked the call up at the end and the Giants didn't have a closer shot at the game winning FG.

But I think that game was one of the games that actually made me cry(tears of joy) when it was all said and done.

how did we cheat?...

the calls were up to the refs and the dice rolled in our favor!
Originally posted by quatic:

how did we cheat?...

the calls were up to the refs and the dice rolled in our favor!

fo reals. i hate in sports when people say a team cheated cuz the ref f**ked up. MAKES NO DAM SENSE. ppl call the lakers 'cheaters' for the series vs the kings, and all my friends called the niners cheaters after beating the giants. NO NO NO the refs f**ked up, nobody cheated
Share 49ersWebzone