LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

How Alex Smith Compares to Terry Bradshaw

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i do like similarities.... its fun for the mind but one really doesnt know how smith will end up. Just hope for the best
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Great stats! These fans WANT WINNERS! And none of these losers you site would have been good enough for these fans. They're all busts!

Like you said in another thread... so many fans are stupid, knee-jerk reactionary fools and their myopic thinking really doesn't mean jack. I would be SO embarassed had I been a big-mouthed Cowboy (Aikman), SD (Brees), Pittsburgh (Bradshaw) etc fan cutting down our young QB and giving him zero chance to succeed. Especially with the surrounding talent, support, and handling that Alex has not received despite the Meyer-warnings.

talk about Oooops!

So the only reason you are supporting Alex is so that if he does end up being good, you won't be embarrassed for criticizing him?

I don't know why you would feel embarrassed...I'm a big Alex criticizer, and I'd be relieved if he became good.

Like someone else said...most people seem scared to criticize him for some reason. I don't get it.

No, of course not. I genuinely have witnessed enough in 06 and 07 to confirm to myself that Alex can succeed if things are improved upon. There should only be embarassment if a fan is on one extreme or the other on Alex.

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Great stats! These fans WANT WINNERS! And none of these losers you site would have been good enough for these fans. They're all busts!

Like you said in another thread... so many fans are stupid, knee-jerk reactionary fools and their myopic thinking really doesn't mean jack. I would be SO embarassed had I been a big-mouthed Cowboy (Aikman), SD (Brees), Pittsburgh (Bradshaw) etc fan cutting down our young QB and giving him zero chance to succeed. Especially with the surrounding talent, support, and handling that Alex has not received despite the Meyer-warnings.

talk about Oooops!

So the only reason you are supporting Alex is so that if he does end up being good, you won't be embarrassed for criticizing him?

I don't know why you would feel embarrassed...I'm a big Alex criticizer, and I'd be relieved if he became good.

Like someone else said...most people seem scared to criticize him for some reason. I don't get it.

No, of course not. I genuinely have witnessed enough in 06 and 07 to confirm to myself that Alex can succeed if things are improved upon. There should only be embarassment if a fan is on one extreme or the other on Alex.

My thoughts exactly.

talk about Oooops!

Well s**t, I wanna see what you're seeing. I haven't witnessed hardly anything in any of his seasons that would confirm Alex could succeed.

Well then you got work to do, so get with the program and rewatch the old games. Then maybe you will see what McC, Mike, and many of us do... and you can then speak intelligibly on the subject.

talk about Oooops!

Well s**t, I wanna see what you're seeing. I haven't witnessed hardly anything in any of his seasons that would confirm Alex could succeed.

Well then you got work to do, so get with the program and rewatch the old games. Then maybe you will see what McC, Mike, and many of us do... and you can then speak intelligibly on the subject.

Hmmm, keep watching the games over and over until you convince yourself that Alex is good... Isn't that kinda like drinking until she's cute?
He's still on the team and could be our starting QB. I have no need to convince myself of anything. The actions of SF management and the words of every 9er beatwriter on 06-07 confirm that Alex has shown enough to be far from discarded. Once you accept that, then you can finally open yourself up to enlightenment.

"Most people seem scared to criticize him"???!!! On what planet? Certainly not this one.

"Most people seem careful to condemn him"???!!! On what planet? Certainly not this one.

fixed

Hey, Oldman9er, here's what we're dealing with: you make a reasonable argument and someone responds with a cartoon character, nothing else. Then, one of his friends responds to the cartoon character with this: "My thoughts exactly."

I'm beginning to agree with Marc Andressen, the founder of Netscape. He has said that the internet has as much potential to make people stupid as it does to make them smart.
Hey, Oldman9er, here's what we're dealing with: you make a reasonable argument and someone responds with a cartoon character, nothing else. Then, one of his friends responds to the cartoon character with this: "My thoughts exactly."

I'm beginning to agree with Marc Andressen, the founder of Netscape. He has said that the internet has as much potential to make people stupid as it does to make them smart.

Quote:
"It is natural for the immature to harm others. Getting angry with them is like resenting a fire for burning."
— Shantideva

A quote that I would do well to remember more often.

Wow. "It is natural for the immature to harm others. Getting angry with them is like resenting a fire for burning."
— Shantideva

Hey, thanks for that thought. I would also do well to keep it in mind.
Wow. "It is natural for the immature to harm others. Getting angry with them is like resenting a fire for burning."
— Shantideva

Hey, thanks for that thought. I would also do well to keep it in mind.
Share 49ersWebzone