There are 226 users in the forums

Scot (one T) McCloughan get's owned (sort of) (old)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
From another board

It's so important for the 49ers to win this year and next as I think he's next. I do NOT think he should be fired but the pressure will be there if the team struggles. I don't want Holmgren as most fans will call for, Steve Keim (use google) should be the target.
I don't get the point of your thread homie. I mean are you saying he got owned due to the 1st comment or am i missing something? That's a comment that could be found around here in numerous threads about Scot.
wow, just wow, who carees what others say, Scot is good at what he does.

Everyone blows picks and FA's every year, no team is perfect, even the best screw up.
I really think that this past draft will show everyone in a few years that McCloughan is good at what he does.....
Ummm. That was interesting.....

Those are all his opinions. We have some good players. They are developing in front of our eyes. Some people want over night success. The NFL is not like the other leagues where you can just sign some guys and compete. Football requires teamwork. The longer you play with your team the better you become. Lets keep this train moving forward. Firing Scotty would be a mistake.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
wow, just wow, who carees what others say, Scot is good at what he does.

Everyone blows picks and FA's every year, no team is perfect, even the best screw up.

Yeah. They FAIL to mention his good pick ups such as: Gore, Harylson, Walt Harris, justin Smith, Clements, Chilo Rachel, Justin Smiley, Josh Moragan, PATRICK WILLIS, Takeo Spikes, Michael Lewis, Morran Norris, Larry Allen, Michael Robinson, ANDY LEE, Joe Nedney, Jennings, Crabtree....

I believe he also hired great coordinators that now have head coaching jobs. Thats how good he was picking em.

Yah Scotty, you really blow! NOT.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM ]
Maybe his career in SF is tarnished by the Smith pick but getting Willis, Gore, Morgan, and Crabtree are fine with me.
Unless we totally suck, its going to be awfully hard to fire this guy given how well things have been put together recently! (With f**k-head Nolan GONE!)

If it werent for Scotty, #52 and #21 would be wearing other jerserys.

He's brought talent to this team and thats his job. Its not his job to coach.

The verdict is still out on Alex and Vernon bc the Offense has not had a steady OC in YEARS. Now its up to Raye to guide and steady this ship. Sing hasnt proved nothing IMO. Yeah...5-3 as a interim, but lets see how he does for a whole season and how the players play and react to him. So far so good!!!

The guy who wrote that article or clip or whatever is a f**king moron and doesnt know anything about our team. manny is a better pass rusher than haralson? whatever. and how is crab a primadonna? just because he plays wr and mangina called him 1 before the draft? but mark sanchez who is already posing for magazines before playing 1 game isnt? wtf crab just got that label bc a dbag sorry excuse for a coach gave him it? whatever.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The guy who wrote that article or clip or whatever is a f**king moron and doesnt know anything about our team. manny is a better pass rusher than haralson? whatever. and how is crab a primadonna? just because he plays wr and mangina called him 1 before the draft? but mark sanchez who is already posing for magazines before playing 1 game isnt? wtf crab just got that label bc a dbag sorry excuse for a coach gave him it? whatever.

Yep, I think its just a really lame misnomer. It seems pretty clear that Crabtree just isn't that comfortable doing interviews all the time and always being in the spotlight, and that's fine with me. I don't think Mike Leach would have gotten nearly that crazy about Mangini spouting off if he didn't feel like Crabs was worth sticking up for.
Share 49ersWebzone