LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Gore and Coffee: The San Francisco 49ers NEW Dynamic Duo!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
RB coach Tom Rathman deserves major credit here. He has done a hell of a job getting Coffee NFL ready.

I'll second that!

You guys need to watch this video if you haven't already! Rathman says some good things in here, like what qualities he thinks it takes to be a great football player.
Watching the Niners/Raiders preseason game I thought Coffe looked amazing. Then Robinson came in and looked like a stud too. So now I'm thinking the Raiders run D must really suck, because I know Robinson can't run for crap.
Matt Barrows took credit for the term 'Frank and Beans' this morning on an interview on KNBR, can we verify or deny these claims?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Watching the Niners/Raiders preseason game I thought Coffe looked amazing. Then Robinson came in and looked like a stud too. So now I'm thinking the Raiders run D must really suck, because I know Robinson can't run for crap.

It's a little of both.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
RB coach Tom Rathman deserves major credit here. He has done a hell of a job getting Coffee NFL ready.

Tom Rathman has been incredible at developing RBs everywhere he has coached.
  • B650
  • Veteran
OK, I don't think Coffee looked "amazing." I think the blocking was amazing. He just basically ran through the holes. I mean, I like him. He's definitely capable of a 1,000 yard season and backing up Gore. We have 4 really good RBs on this team. It's starting to look like Denver: just plug one in and go.
Love the Roger Craig comparisons to Coffee... I totally see it! No high steppin' yet, but runs straight ahead, down-hill style. We are going to have ourselves one hell of a one-two punch.
Coffee looked great but this is against a weak Raider defense. Lets see what he can bring to the cowboys. I hope he continues to shine and that we have found a real 1-2 punch with Gore and Coffee. That would be a great way to keep them both fresh for the post season
I respect glen coffee going with the full cage face mask, i think it fits his running style

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:11 PM ]
Frank and Beans
Originally posted by PTulini:

ARE YOU READY???
Think it might be a little like Craig and Tyler, or even Byner and Mack (Cleveland - early 80s)... I'm excited! Gooooo Niners!
Think it might be a little like Craig and Tyler, or even Byner and Mack (Cleveland - early 80s)... I'm excited! Gooooo Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone