There are 418 users in the forums

Kentwan Balmer: You Better Get Your S**t Together!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The thing about Kentwan is that physically, he's a freak. He looks like he's added the necessary weight to his frame and I honestly think this guy can be a force if he continues to work hard...nobody has ever questioned that part of him either.
It looks like Balmers leg is about the same size as Spencers waist!
That is so right!

For as good A. Franklin has looked this offseason, I think Soap will be holding down that RDE position for at least the first couple of games. As long as Balmer contributes on goaline D and shortyardage early on, his continued progress is a good sign.
Balmer for me has been of the biggest mysteries on our roster. I didn't know anything about him coming out of college, and we saw so little from him last year, that I kind of forget about him. Let's hope he has a good year!
Based on the Dallas game he seems to have adopted J. Smith's motor. Very excited to see if he can elevate his play and contribute consistently this season.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
The thing about Kentwan is that physically, he's a freak. He looks like he's added the necessary weight to his frame and I honestly think this guy can be a force if he continues to work hard...nobody has ever questioned that part of him either.

Actually, he reportedly cut 9 POUNDS (went from 315, down to 306 lbs.) before the beginning of Training Camp. Although I'm not sure what his playing weight will be?

Originally posted by PTulini:
Kentwan Balmer (08/29/09) @ Dallas

That's what I'm talkin' about KB!!!

Lets see if he keeps growing as a player. I expect him to eventually replace ICE as a starting DE.
It's still wishful thinking until he proves (in the regular season) otherwise!

Actually, he reportedly cut 9 POUNDS (went from 315, down to 306 lbs.) before the beginning of Training Camp. Although I'm not sure what his playing weight will be?

Damn, I honestly thought he needed to GAIN weight to be a good DE in the 3-4...oh well, lets hope he helps out.

We're good against the run so the d-linemen are doing their job...we just can't get any pressure from our LBs.

Originally posted by doc_brown_:
It's still wishful thinking until he proves (in the regular season) otherwise!
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Lets see if he keeps growing as a player. I expect him to eventually replace ICE as a starting DE.

I expect him to be starting by the 2nd or 3rd game. If he can show that non-stop motor like Justin Smith he will be very good for us.

Damn, I honestly thought he needed to GAIN weight to be a good DE in the 3-4...oh well, lets hope he helps out.

We're good against the run so the d-linemen are doing their job...we just can't get any pressure from our LBs.

AS long as he adds strength is all good
I wonder how many people think I'm nuts now...

KB has had an excellent start to the season as a rotational DE that gets a lot of snaps. He has played the run very well and allowed the pass rushers to play one on one. Which is all you can ask from your 3-4 DE's.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I wonder how many people think I'm nuts now...

KB has had an excellent start to the season as a rotational DE that gets a lot of snaps. He has played the run very well and allowed the pass rushers to play one on one. Which is all you can ask from your 3-4 DE's.

I don't, he still doesn't get good push on his guy and doesn't drive him back.
Share 49ersWebzone