There are 183 users in the forums

Coach gettin some love

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/31712552#31712552
Nice remarks about Singletary, but why do people think the Seahawks defense has gotten better if they've lost Julian Peterson? Maybe someone who knows their team better than I do can explain that to me. We'll find out, but I was happy to hear I wouldn't be looking at his ugly mug pointing at his name and taunting the crowd any more. Anyone who taunts the fans of the team that brought him into the league, fans who rooted for him for years, has no class and Detroit is the perfect place for him.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Nice remarks about Singletary, but why do people think the Seahawks defense has gotten better if they've lost Julian Peterson? Maybe someone who knows their team better than I do can explain that to me. We'll find out, but I was happy to hear I wouldn't be looking at his ugly mug pointing at his name and taunting the crowd any more. Anyone who taunts the fans of the team that brought him into the league, fans who rooted for him for years, has no class and Detroit is the perfect place for him.

I don't understand the love for Seattle either. They also lost Rocky Bernard, who was a very underrated DT, IMHO. They got a LB in the draft to take Peterson's place, but didn't replace Bernard--and it all starts in the trenches.

I think that guy Cohen's remarks on Coach Singletary echo those of anyone who's paid attention this off season. I, too, had my doubts at first, but have been impressed with the off season so far.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

I don't understand the love for Seattle either. They also lost Rocky Bernard, who was a very underrated DT, IMHO. They got a LB in the draft to take Peterson's place, but didn't replace Bernard--and it all starts in the trenches.

I think that guy Cohen's remarks on Coach Singletary echo those of anyone who's paid attention this off season. I, too, had my doubts at first, but have been impressed with the off season so far.

thats cause Peterson is on the serious decline. anyone whos seen the seahawks play knows peterson wasnt all that good last season. plus they got Curry who some ppl are calling one of the most complete linebackers to come out of the draft recently. on thier d-line they actually got more than a coupla guys who can fill up bernards spot. Cory Redding who i think might be moved to DE. but Red Bryant was a guy who was getting mad love even on this board. Yeh the Seahawks will be ok. if theyre healthy theyll be very dangerous

I don't see that Defense being below middle of the pack next year, even with J.P. gone. Mora is too good a coach for that. I think that they'll have a very tough Offense this season what with then up Housh in the Offseason and I think THAT is what carries them to the playoffs if they get that far. The real question is Hasselback. He's getting old and it could be tough for them to bounce back even with Seneca Wallace taking over. Teams know what they'll see from Wallace and will be better prepared to defend against him.

The Rams will definitely be sucking hind tit at the end of the season. The West is not as weak as the pundits like to think, what with 3 very capable teams fighting for their Post Season berth.

But in the end I think that it's gonna be us, Seattle and Arizona in that order. It'll depend on how awful the other NFC divisions are to determine whether or not there is a Wildcard team coming from the West this yar.

The Shehawks are gonna have a tough time replacing the presence of J.P., that's for sure.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

thats cause Peterson is on the serious decline. anyone whos seen the seahawks play knows peterson wasnt all that good last season. plus they got Curry who some ppl are calling one of the most complete linebackers to come out of the draft recently. on thier d-line they actually got more than a coupla guys who can fill up bernards spot. Cory Redding who i think might be moved to DE. but Red Bryant was a guy who was getting mad love even on this board. Yeh the Seahawks will be ok. if theyre healthy theyll be very dangerous

Sorry but Curry would have to take on the role of TE negator. I don't see many Rooks that have that ability in their 1st season. Willis was sucessful because he was put in a position to succeed. "See the ball? Go get it." Covering TEs' in free space is an art form in and of itself.

I think that Lofa Tatupu would have to move outside to get the best out of Curry in his first season. And I seriopusly doubt that Mora is going to make that move.

Curry may be good but not in a J.P. role. I don't see it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

Sorry but Curry would have to take on the role of TE negator. I don't see many Rooks that have that ability in their 1st season. Willis was sucessful because he was put in a position to succeed. "See the ball? Go get it." Covering TEs' in free space is an art form in and of itself.

I think that Lofa Tatupu would have to move outside to get the best out of Curry in his first season. And I seriopusly doubt that Mora is going to make that move.

Curry may be good but not in a J.P. role. I don't see it.

~Ceadder

youve got to remember JP's first and foremost role was passrush. Theyre trying Curry in that role and well turns out his cover skills are pretty dam good too. I dunno i think maybe middle o the year noones gon member JP in Seattle.

Lofas best spot is middle. and with Hill on the other side i just see Curry as an upgrade over JP.
  • carl
  • Veteran
I'm soooo relieved there aren't any photos... "Coach gettin some love."
Cause he's going to kick some ass this year!
That guy on the left is a moron. To have an improvement for Detroit they would only need to win 1 game. Give me a break... Seattle winning the division? Are you kidding me?

Adding Colin Cole and Cory Redding to the D-Line plus having Patrick Kerney healthy, and putting Aaron Curry in a linebacking core that already includes Tatupu and Hill, there's no question that defense and more importantly that team will be improved.
What is gonna hurt Seattle this year is a lack of a reall running back,they have two has beens at RB and neither is to be feared even when they were starters.I see a lot of one dimensional offense coming out of Seattle this year.Any team with a decent pass rush is gonna give them big trouble,Hassleback might not make it through the year if they have to throw as much as it looks like they will have to.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Who in the hell are those two dickholes?
That sissy boy from nbcsports should stick to volleyball.........he dont know jack bout the niners nor the seahags...........THIS IS OUR DIVISION BELIEVE THAT!!!!!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What is gonna hurt Seattle this year is a lack of a reall running back,they have two has beens at RB and neither is to be feared even when they were starters.I see a lot of one dimensional offense coming out of Seattle this year.Any team with a decent pass rush is gonna give them big trouble,Hassleback might not make it through the year if they have to throw as much as it looks like they will have to.

Exactly. Seattle might have "reloaded," but you're not gonna do s**t if you don't have a Running. If i were a Seahawk fan i wouldn't be excited about having Julius Jones as your premier back.

Not to mention the only reason it worked for the Cards is because they have Fitz and Boldin.
Share 49ersWebzone