There are 195 users in the forums

Crabtree the Cure for Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"The only reason there is a competition is because the organization doesn't want to basically just come out and admit that they made a mistake on the pick."

Sorry, that may be a pleasing thought to some of you chronic Smith haters, but it's just not true. There were at least three teams looking at Smith and hoping the Niners would cut him loose. The general feeling throughout most of the NFL is that he has all the physical tools and has been handled horribly. I'm not saying he's going to be successful, but the idea that the team already knows he's a bust is just not correct.
I don't actually think Alex Smith is a bust anymore. I did think he was a bust before this year when he was stealing all of that money and not producing, but now, since he restructured and is getting paid like a backup, then he is no different than any other backup QB in the league. He is getting paid where he is slotted.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't actually think Alex Smith is a bust anymore. I did think he was a bust before this year when he was stealing all of that money and not producing, but now, since he restructured and is getting paid like a backup, then he is no different than any other backup QB in the league. He is getting paid where he is slotted.

Exactly. So, maybe we could all calm down, temper the great anger towards the young man and watch what happens. Just a thought...
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
"The only reason there is a competition is because the organization doesn't want to basically just come out and admit that they made a mistake on the pick."

Sorry, that may be a pleasing thought to some of you chronic Smith haters, but it's just not true. There were at least three teams looking at Smith and hoping the Niners would cut him loose. The general feeling throughout most of the NFL is that he has all the physical tools and has been handled horribly. I'm not saying he's going to be successful, but the idea that the team already knows he's a bust is just not correct.

And those 3 teams were?

The general feeling throughout the NFL is not that has the physical tools, etc. etc., but rather that he is BUST. Go to a whole number of websites not named NFL.com or ESPN.com, and many of their writers will label Smith as a bust or something like that. Fans of other teams generally think that he is a bust and sucks goat balls, but its just the homers and Alex lovers on this board that support him blindly.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Exactly. So, maybe we could all calm down, temper the great anger towards the young man and watch what happens. Just a thought...

Maybe we can but maybe some can't get over the fact that he was wasted money for 4 years.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

And those 3 teams were?

The general feeling throughout the NFL is not that has the physical tools, etc. etc., but rather that he is BUST. Go to a whole number of websites not named NFL.com or ESPN.com, and many of their writers will label Smith as a bust or something like that. Fans of other teams generally think that he is a bust and sucks goat balls, but its just the homers and Alex lovers on this board that support him blindly.

According to John Clayton at ESPN, in an article he wrote early this year, the Patriots, the Bucks and "at least one other team he couldn't name" were very interested in seeing if they could pick him up and develop him correctly. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? And, you're wrong about some other things as well - it's not "homers and Alex lovers," it's NFL scouts and coaches who think he has potential. Who cares what fans think? Fans are often stupid and uninformed. Fans wanted Terry Bradshaw bounced off his team and out of the league after his first two seasons. Fans in Dallas thought Troy Aikman was a bust after his first 1-15 season. Fans in SF thought it was a crime to bring in a bust like Steve Young.

And those 3 teams were?

According to John Clayton at ESPN, in an article he wrote early this year, the Patriots, the Bucks and "at least one other team he couldn't name" were very interested in seeing if they could pick him up and develop him correctly. Why is it so hard for people to accept that? And, you're wrong about some other things as well - it's not "homers and Alex lovers," it's NFL scouts and coaches who think he has potential. Who cares what fans think? Fans are often stupid and uninformed. Fans wanted Terry Bradshaw bounced off his team and out of the league after his first two seasons. Fans in Dallas thought Troy Aikman was a bust after his first 1-15 season. Fans in SF thought it was a crime to bring in a bust like Steve Young.

Damn, I didn't know that. We should've traded him.
Originally posted by Apples:

And those 3 teams were?

Yeah, would've been easier to get rid of his ass.
lets just give it time
Originally posted by Apples:

And those 3 teams were?

Hey, I don't remember Clayton saying teams would be up for trading players, just that they would pick him up if SF dropped him, so let's have some perspective. I'm not arguing that he's definitely going to succeed, just that other teams see something in him as well as the Niners brass.

Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
lets just give it time
honestly, how much more time do you need?
Originally posted by billybonka:
lets just give it time

As much as it takes. I'm a Niner fan.
lets just give it time

Lol.
lets just give it time

was I talking to you?

lets just give it time

was I talking to you?

lol
Share 49ersWebzone