LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Marcus Hudson interview on 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If you had not watched it yet its a decent interview, he has a good personality and seems to have a lot of drive. I enjoyed the part about Donte Hall and his Madden controller.

49ers.com

top video.
Originally posted by Chief:
If you had not watched it yet its a decent interview, he has a good personality and seems to have a lot of drive. I enjoyed the part about Donte Hall and his Madden controller.

49ers.com

top video.

Hall? Madden controller? Elaborate please, can't watch at the moment.
Originally posted by Youngone:

49ers.com

top video.

^this please, elaborate
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:

49ers.com

top video.

^this please, elaborate

It was about a play where Hall got the kick off and Hudson shadowed him and prevented him from going anywhere... You would really have to hear it to get it.
Marcus Hudson is one of my fav players on the team. He is a solid backup corner, FS, SS and a very good ST's player. I think that if he was given the chance and the reps, he could be a very solid safety in the NFL, maybe even a solid starter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Marcus Hudson is one of my fav players on the team. He is a solid backup corner, FS, SS and a very good ST's player. I think that if he was given the chance and the reps, he could be a very solid safety in the NFL, maybe even a solid starter.

How can you even say that. What has he ever showed you that convinces you he would even be an average player. You can like him but he is nothing better then a back up and special teams player.
Originally posted by frankie:

49ers.com

top video.

^this please, elaborate

It was about a play where Hall got the kick off and Hudson shadowed him and prevented him from going anywhere... You would really have to hear it to get it.

That's cool, hall is a pretty good returner. That's cool man thanks, for the info
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

How can you even say that. What has he ever showed you that convinces you he would even be an average player. You can like him but he is nothing better then a back up and special teams player.

He was a pretty dam good FS at N.C. State but only a slightly above average corner. He has shown in the pre-season he is a good tackler and he has good size and speed ratio. I think he has the potential to be a very solid safety if he would be given that oppurtunity but the team keeps moving him around from Corner to safety and right now he is basically getting reps and time at the CB posistion.
Marginal players have to be versatile in order the stick in this league...
You can tell Marcus is pretty articulate, has a positive outlook on his own situation and in his expectations for the team. Seems like he's bought in to the Singletary scheme...team first, playoffs ahead.

I'm happy to wish him the best of luck this year. Hope he gets a fair chance to show his stuff and that he does well.

A Marcus Hudson post?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What is the world coming to???

It is about time. The kid looks to have survived the fear of being cut this season. Very underrated special teamer. Keep scrapping, Marcus.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Hudson has a great attitude, I used to love watching that Manny Lawson show, he was often in it, seems like a great guy to have in the locker room

I have a feeling its him or the rookie Taylor who get the last DB spot, (if we keep 9) he should have a huge edge with his special teams skills

But i dont see him getting on the field much on D`
At Saftey, Lewis, Goldson, Smith and Roman are all ahead of him
and at CB, Nate, Bly, Brown and Spence are all ahead of him

Speaking of Spencer, 3.4 mill in 09, 4 mill in 2010, 3.2 mill in 2011 3.3 mill in 2012
thats alot of cash for a #4. I like the guy but...
I've always liked Hudson.

I'm very impressed that as a 6th rounder, hes been able to stay on the team at a position where we have had numerous FA and higher draft pick upgrades.
Originally posted by cools:
Hudson has a great attitude, I used to love watching that Manny Lawson show, he was often in it, seems like a great guy to have in the locker room

I have a feeling its him or the rookie Taylor who get the last DB spot, (if we keep 9) he should have a huge edge with his special teams skills

But i dont see him getting on the field much on D`
At Saftey, Lewis, Goldson, Smith and Roman are all ahead of him
and at CB, Nate, Bly, Brown and Spence are all ahead of him

Speaking of Spencer, 3.4 mill in 09, 4 mill in 2010, 3.2 mill in 2011 3.3 mill in 2012
thats alot of cash for a #4. I like the guy but

Spencer is not great, but he is too solid of a cornerback to get cut, IMO. But he does seem to be a bit overpaid.
now if only the kid could play.
Share 49ersWebzone