LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

27th out of 32?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So on NFL.com we get voted 27th best out of 32 teams. For some reason it got me so mad i wanted to post about it. WE STILL GET ABSOLUTLY NO RESPECT. I understand we have to earn it blah blah blah but come on 27th?

This is the year people remember who the 49ers are.
"Niner fans" rush to agree that we suck in 3...2....1 Go!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well on paper other teams have gotten better. Either by addition or by being healthier. We on the other hand used our money to resign players already under contract.

We gained a rookie WR and a backup RB. While losing our #2 CB.

How high exactly do you expect us to be ranked.
Originally posted by krizay:
Well on paper other teams have gotten better. Either by addition or by being healthier. We on the other hand used our money to resign players already under contract.

I expect us to be considered middle-of-the pack, considering that we were one game away from .500

And we finished the season out strong, showed a REALLY strong effort against the future NFC Champions + enter this season (fingers crossed) with the same QB who went 5-3.

GO NINERS!
Woohoo! I love it! Great motivational material.

I would be absolutely PISSED if I was player on this team. But the truth is, we can't just TELL THEM we are bad-asses, we have to SHOW THEM.

We won't get any respect because we haven't earned it. We continue to have losing seasons.

We ARE a bad team until we prove otherwise. Why is this so hard for people to understand?
It's nice to get respect, but it doesn't win football games. Rankings won't make a difference if we just start winning.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HowardStern:

I expect us to be considered middle-of-the pack, considering that we were one game away from .500

And we finished the season out strong, showed a REALLY strong effort against the future NFC Champions + enter this season (fingers crossed) with the same QB who went 5-3.

GO NINERS!

Be that as it may. We were still the 10th worst team last year. Hence the #10 pick in the draft. Again, other teams have gotten better (on paper) we really have not.

Put it this way. We are expecting a rookie WR and a guy who caught all of 20 balls to carry the passing attack. If Shaun Hill was as good as his 5-3 record or as good as many think. Then he wouldn't be in competition with Alex Smith. He woulda been named the starter.

[ Edited by krizay on Jun 29, 2009 at 13:57:03 ]
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
"Niner fans" rush to agree that we suck in 3...2....1 Go!

It must be nice to have the ability to blind yourself from what is happening in the real world.
Well on paper other teams have gotten better. Either by addition or by being healthier. We on the other hand used our money to resign players already under contract. We gained a rookie WR and a backup RB. While losing our #2 CB. How high exactly do you expect us to be ranked.

well we were 22nd last year and were over .500 after sing took over. i dont see how we got worse to be honest. we added the best wr from the draft, we added a legit fb, we got a former pro bowl cb who is a ballhawk, and we added a probowl calibre ot. im not saying 10-6 for sure or anything but i dont see how were bad enough to go 4-12 or anything.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Well on paper other teams have gotten better. Either by addition or by being healthier. We on the other hand used our money to resign players already under contract. We gained a rookie WR and a backup RB. While losing our #2 CB. How high exactly do you expect us to be ranked.

well we were 22nd last year and were over .500 after sing took over. i dont see how we got worse to be honest. we added the best wr from the draft, we added a legit fb, we got a former pro bowl cb who is a ballhawk, and we added a probowl calibre ot. im not saying 10-6 for sure or anything but i dont see how were bad enough to go 4-12 or anything.

That's all well and good, but every year we come here and say we'll be 10-6, but at the end of the season we're 6-10.

We won't get any respect until we actually do something with all this potential we have.
27th might be a little harsh but I don't see us much, if at all, higher than 20th.
We really didn't improve much personnel-wise in the offseason - and there's no way to measure Crabtree's impact so don't go dropping his name. If history tells us anything, rookie recievers generally have very little impact.

We do have a lot to prove and it shouldn't be any surprise that most pundits put us low on the totem pole.
Originally posted by HowardStern:

GO NINERS!

Be that as it may. We were still the 10th worst team last year. Hence the #10 pick in the draft. Again, other teams have gotten better (on paper) we really have not.

Put it this way. We are expecting a rookie WR and a guy who caught all of 20 balls to carry the passing attack. If Shaun Hill was as good as his 5-3 record or as good as many think. Then he wouldn't be in competition with Alex Smith. He woulda been named the starter.

Exactly, however you will still find those that say it's because of this or that. Nothings wrong with making a person work for their spot. and like i say in all my arguments, it's bigger than his smoke screen 7-3. I aint even gonna get started on that one. I just say WE ALL HOPE OUR TEAM DOES WELL THIS SEASON. But i mean everyone else made improvements around the league on paper, and they are more established then us. I say maybe we finally become that average team this year that cracks top 20 teams this year. But top 10 and maybe a playoff berth, we still got a ways to go.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jun 29, 2009 at 14:13:47 ]
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
So on NFL.com we get voted 27th best out of 32 teams. For some reason it got me so mad i wanted to post about it. WE STILL GET ABSOLUTLY NO RESPECT. I understand we have to earn it blah blah blah but come on 27th?

This is the year people remember who the 49ers are.

Chill out.. If we win the division or make the playoffs and still have a low ranking then I can see a respect issue. but till then we are who they thought we are
Tis is BS. Arizona had not had a winning record until recently, but prior to that, the power polls had them pretty high just based on talent and draft performance.
Share 49ersWebzone